Where’s ArtMan?

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#1Where’s ArtMan?
Posted: 3/11/23 at 5:22pm

Seems like forever since ArtMan posted? Anyone know how they are?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Where’s ArtMan?
Posted: 3/11/23 at 5:26pm

Back in January,  they said they were taking a break from this site, largely because of a specific poster that is always an issue (if memory serves me well...which it might not.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#3Where’s ArtMan?
Posted: 3/11/23 at 5:44pm

^It does not.

His last post in January of last year said it all:

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1127257&page=3

"JayElle, My last post was deleted also.  I was sent a nasty pm accusing me of being a bully and being abusive for my post in this thread.  If I was, I would apologize in a second.  But I am not apologizing for something that doesn't exist. From reading this thread, the majority of people are not stage dooring during Covid.  Then why the responses telling people not to...when they aren't?   I am going to take a long break from this site.  It is so telling when the majority of old posters have moved on.  Was always curious why.  Now I think I know why."

Theater3232
#4Where’s ArtMan?
Posted: 3/12/23 at 8:55am

Both boards banned many people during Covid. Less interesting discussion now from people who love theater, and less diversity of opinion. Which makes me less likely to take a chance on a show. And less likely to post a rave about a show I liked. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5Where’s ArtMan?
Posted: 3/12/23 at 9:09am

He wasn't banned.  It was a choice . 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.