News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Question about post dating tickets

Question about post dating tickets

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#1Question about post dating tickets
Posted: 4/20/23 at 11:28am

Well, this is a first for me, in all my years of theatre going. Yesterday, I bought a ticket on Telecharge for a Broadway show, and I was sure it said it started at 7PM. Either the site was being glitchy or it was my fault, but either way, the show actually started at 8PM, and due to the running time, I would have missed my last train had I stayed. So I left the ticket unused and went home.

Then I was thinking about it, and I believe I've heard people on here talking abut getting tickets post-dated (to use for a later date) from time to time and I don't know exactly how this works. Would I just go to the box office and explain what happened and see if they are willing to do it, or would this be a question for Telecharge? This is a show with tons of empty seats, by the way.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Question about post dating tickets
Posted: 4/20/23 at 12:42pm

If you purchased through TC, start with them.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

nativenewyorker2
#3Question about post dating tickets
Posted: 4/20/23 at 12:54pm

So I had to do this with Kinky Boots over the summer this is how it went for me:

-Call Telecharge on a possible day you want to post date the show after the box office has opened. You can only call on the day you want to see the show. because it is at the box offices discretion if they will have enough open seats for that days performance. You cannot call in advance. 

-The telecharge person will put you on hold while they call the box office. They may ask you to call back later multiple times if they are unsure if they will have open seats that day or not. . 

Dollypop
#4Question about post dating tickets
Posted: 4/20/23 at 12:58pm

This only happened to me once. I missed a performance of a show because of a blizzard. (I think it was something called FANNELLI--it was a play about a castrato singer). I brought the unused ticket to the box office and they gave me a seat at the next day's performance. They did suggest that I call the theater in advance the next time.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#5Question about post dating tickets
Posted: 4/20/23 at 1:00pm

Definitely call teleharge because different productions will have different past dating rules (in my experience, most of the box offices also have a one-sheet they can give you about their past dating policy, with instructions, if you ask for it in person).

Also of note: most theaters will only do past dating for weekday (Tues-Thurs) performances, but it varies.

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#6Question about post dating tickets
Posted: 4/20/23 at 2:55pm

Worked like a charm. Thanks, all. 

Videos