News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MayAudraBlessYou2

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
Member Name: MayAudraBlessYou2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

EMPIRE: THE MUSICAL set for New World Stages beginning in July
 Jul 9 2024, 02:52:52 PM

I went for act 1....

Enough said.

Protesters at Suffs tonight
 Jul 3 2024, 11:05:33 AM

OhHiii said: "RW3 said: "WldKingdomHM said: "Looks like a stunt. Upcoming weeks looks like they are in trouble selling wise. Reminds me of the Parade stunt"

Wait, you genuinely believe that the Parade producers hired people to have an anti-Semitic protest outside of the theatre?
"

Hate to say it, but this has been a rumor in the industry since it happened. And the evidence isn’t not convincing given there were other sho

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jun 24 2024, 05:44:39 PM

This production absolutely blew me away. Count me as one of the folks who intensely disliked Cats. But now I'm a total convert. The framing device of a ballroom competitions works incredibly well and I think helps with a lot of the pacing issues I normally think are inherent to the show. And for many moments, it provides really heightened stakes and/or context that makes a number even more fascinating than normal. The staging for Memory is INCREDIBLE. So simple but so effective. Mr Mustof

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Jun 20 2024, 01:14:58 PM

Broadway Flash said: "I think Florence Pugh would make an excellent Sally"

And here is part of the problem with the stunt casting they want to do (and need to do) in order to cover their astronomical running costs: Florence Pugh is the type of star who would be a great get for them. She is an Oscar nominated actor with major appearances in two majorly popular franchises. They would surely be happy to have someone like her. BUT would an Oscar nominated actor with majo

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 14 2024, 10:19:48 AM

If The Outsiders takes Best Musical, what else does it win? I think it might have Lighting Design over Illinoise. But nothing else. It would have to make a surprise win in either Book or Score I think. Or maybe take Choreography away from Illinoise too for the The Rumble...but that seems less likely.

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Jun 12 2024, 02:44:36 PM

Will Swenson on his name alone would not really light up the box office, but I do think a savvy PR team could get some prime coverage of this and get the married duo out there in the press so that it becomes a big story that husband and wife are performing together. That could certainly generate some interest. However, I don't expect Audra and Will to want this. When they were in Beautiful Noise and Ohio State Murders at the same time, both of them remarked how difficult it was navigating

Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 6 2024, 05:04:49 PM

Ugh, so annoying that Stereophonic wasn't allowed to perform. IF they deny a Best Play nominee and then go and let something like Back to the Future or Gatsby have a number despite not being nominated in a top category...that's crazy. Plays always get less air time at the Tonys, so its very disappointing when we have one that has excerptable material yet it isn't allowed to be showcased. I guess I'll just listen to Masquerade for the 999th time on Spotify then...

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
 Jun 4 2024, 04:47:17 PM

Does anyone know what the weekly nut is for Suffs? It feels like they are probably just making it above it each week. They might be the show that most needs to win Best Musical for the sales boost. Though Hell's Kitchen is certainly out-campaigning them at the moment.

May 31 2024, 12:45:17 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "Ensemble1709724344 said: "Can we get some hints at some casting rumors??"

Enough with the "i know but no contracts have been signed yet" why do people do this? Just tell us. this is an anonymous board. Unless someone knows your username it's not like they can sue you for leaking something- Sweaty Oracle does it all the time
"

I assume this is in response to my post, but if you actually read what I wrote

May 31 2024, 12:00:16 PM

Don't know if this has already been stated somewhere in this massive thread...but for those who were asking about other creatives:

Scenic Design: Santo Loquasto

Costume Design: Toni Leslie James

Lighting Design: Jules and Peggy

Sound Design: Scott Lehrer

They also plan to cast 2 other major star names, though no contracts have been signed in this regard.

May 30 2024, 10:23:05 AM

There are many different ways to approach race in a show like this where you are dealing with a real person and history. You can go the Hamilton route, you could lean into the race of your performers and how the world would perceive them at that time period, so many different directorial choices to make. You have no idea what George C. Wolfe is doing with his approach to this piece. So to declare that a particular actor cannot play a role because of their race when you have no clue what the c

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/26/24
 May 29 2024, 10:31:58 AM

There is no way to confirm a potential stunt casting of major stars so far in advance. Stars do not just wait on hold and put a block on their characters for months at a time just because a show MIGHT be stunt casting a year from now.

Timberlake and Clarkson would obviously be huge gets, but would they actually do it? Clarkson loves the show, but she hosts a daytime talk show now. So she would only be available for a few short months during the summer. Would she really wan

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/19/24
 May 23 2024, 01:23:13 PM

Yes, I understand your point entirely. But finding success in regional markets is almost always easier when the show has spent time on Broadway (even as a flop). There will be more press, more powerful industry figures will have seen it, you can advertise it as a Broadway musical which has pull for the general public, etc. Disaster was famously upfront in admitting that they knew they would not be a success on Broadway, but they needed to produce it there for licensing.

While I'm s

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/19/24
 May 23 2024, 10:30:28 AM

I'll note again about Heart of Rock and Roll: Broadway really isn't their end goal. This is a show that will do well with a tour, it would be super popular on a cruise ship, and regional theaters will be happy to scoop it up once those rights become available. That's ultimately where they see the money. 

So getting it to this week's road conference was of the utmost importance to them. It was never going to close before this week, or ever announce a closing prior t

Anyone Watching Elsbeth?
 May 19 2024, 10:03:30 PM

I couldn't get through the first episode of this one. It's incredibly tedious and reminded me why I steer clear of broadcast networks these days. 

If I want a modern day Colulmbo, then I'll bring up Poker Face. That's a brilliantly performed, directed, shot episodic crime story. Elsbeth is silly to the point of absurdism. Really want to get into this for the Broadway guest stars but I don't think it's for me. 

What is the worst production you have ever seen on Broadway? What is the worst show?
 May 19 2024, 09:42:00 AM

Amazing Grace, The Snow Geese, Be More Chill, The Parisian Woman, KPOP.

The current Cabaret at the Kit Kat Club and Uncle Vanya revivals both made me want to leave at intermission, though I stayed to suffer through act 2.

Dame Judi : Trigger Warnings
 May 15 2024, 10:02:19 AM

In her answer, it's clear that she had absolutely zero context about trigger warnings or how they are applied. So without context I can understand why someone would be confused about the whole thing. But they can be useful for a wider percentage of the population than one would think.

The most prime example is with autism friendly performances. Many theater companies have been broadening the scope of these offerings, retitling them to sensory friendly. Because it turns out ther

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 14 2024, 04:18:09 PM

With Kristine Nielsen as Dainty June and Sigourney Weaver as Herbie.

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 14 2024, 03:03:10 PM

He is! But it's actually THREE writers. Most insiders only know about the David Mamet vs. Harvey Fierstein battle for the new book. But few know that Christopher Durang secretly wrote a treatment of Gypsy before he passed away and had it delivered directly to Audra. Sentiment will tip it his way for sure. Can't wait until the 2025 Tonys!

Nicki Cochrane! Nicki Cochrane!
 May 14 2024, 10:06:06 AM

The rudest and most disrespectful person in NYC. It is absolutely mind boggling that some folks are still trying to turn her into some adored figure.

She once refused to get up out of front row seats (plural because she took up an additional seat with her heaps of garbage) which had been reserved for military veterans who were getting a special callout at the performance. She only moved when one of them got in her face and I threatened to call the police on her.

And remember the

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You