Parade rush?

Michael9
#1Parade rush?
Posted: 5/3/23 at 7:50pm

Anyone have any recent experiences of the Parade rush please? Couldn’t find anything posted thus far. 

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#2Parade rush?
Posted: 5/4/23 at 6:52am

I lined up for Prima Facie yesterday at about 0615 and people were already lining up for Parade. Parade line grew bigger way faster. I walked by the theater this morning on my way to rush for Grey House at about the same time and no one was in line with one in line at Prima Facie. 

theatered100
#3Parade rush?
Posted: 5/4/23 at 7:51am

I was there on a two-show day last week, just before the Tony nominations came out.  I joined the line around 9am.  There were already about 20 people in front of me.

I was offered $45 rush for a partial view, but also $79 for Side Front Orchestra (they claimed it as a full view), $99 for Side Rear Orchestra (close to the center).  Because quite a few people told me that it is worth upgrading, I went for the $79 option, which allowed me to be close to the stage without missing the main act, but I kind of regretted it because of the set design for this show.  If I could go back in time, I would pick $99 to be closer to the center, not to the stage on the side.

I loved the show, so I already went again.  Immediately before the show, discounted Center Front Mezzanine (almost dead center) was offered for $89, which I loved.  It gave me a perfect view and I loved the show even more.

Good luck!

Updated On: 5/5/23 at 07:51 AM

Pashacar
#4Parade rush?
Posted: 5/5/23 at 1:27pm

I don't know how I feel about the "upgraded" rush thing they have running here. Obviously other productions have done similar things, but I've never seen it as refined as at Parade. On one hand, it's nice to be able to get good seats at a discount. On the other, there's something that rubs me the wrong way about advertising a $47 rush and then upselling every single person who shows up for it, and only offering the worst of the worst, extremely partial view seats at the price you advertised.

On another note, if you're not able to get there first thing in the morning, you may actually fare better at TKTS if Parade is listed for the full 50% off that day. The last time I saw the show I did some comparison shopping around 5:00 PM. The box office's best option was $89 for something like side orch row N, whereas TKTS' was $99 for near-perfect seats in dead-center orch row H.