News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for promisespromises2

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
Member Name: promisespromises2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Parade rush?  May 4 2023, 06:52:51 AM

I lined up for Prima Facie yesterday at about 0615 and people were already lining up for Parade. Parade line grew bigger way faster. I walked by the theater this morning on my way to rush for Grey House at about the same time and no one was in line with one in line at Prima Facie. 

RIP, Barbara Bryne, who has died at 94  May 4 2023, 06:50:54 AM

Too young to ever have seen an original Sondheim show that she was in but man is she not my favorite Sondheim consistency. 🤍

GREY HOUSE Previews  May 4 2023, 06:39:50 AM

Anyone else provide insight on rush seats? Currently in line now and will edit once I get tickets! 

EDIT: First in line and got Orchestra Center AA 102/3. Seems to be consistent with what I have seen thus far and am really excited for tonight!

PRIMA FACIE Rush/Lottery  May 3 2023, 06:43:54 PM

estewart2 said: "Thinking of rushing this Sunday! Do you know about how much you paid for your tickets and where they were located?"

$45 for rush, the last row in the mezzanine. I had no issue hearing (obviously couldn’t see her face clearly but she was so animated and perfect it didn’t matter at all) and cried through the whole damn thing. Enjoy this show, it’s absolutely wonderful and personal and heart wrenching and Comer handles it with poise an

PRIMA FACIE Rush/Lottery  May 3 2023, 06:24:08 AM

In line at 0615 today (I am coming from GA, not taking any chances). No one here. One in line for Parade next door. Will keep this thread updated every hour if I remember! 

EDIT: 0715: Only three of us in line. 
EDIT: 0805: 9 in line.

EDIT: After those 9 came, a ton more came! I got two tickets for matinee, rear mez. Word on the street is they are not handing out many tickets at all for rush/lottery. 

PRIMA FACIE Reviews  May 2 2023, 03:03:01 PM

Anybody rush today? Trying tomorrow and figuring out when we have to be there! 

Stephen Sondheim Dead at 91  Nov 28 2021, 07:41:47 AM

My heart is broken. My love for musical theatre was carried on this man’s back for over a decade. His understanding of human nature reads like Hugo and Dumas to me and what a joy it is to hear it sung out. He will live on forever in the voices of nameless people all over the world who take the time to sit and listen. 

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Jun 7 2021, 08:50:10 AM

Musical Master said: "This is probably one of my favorite reviews so far.

https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/movies-tv/review-jon-m-chus-in-the-heights-marks-the-return-of-grand-scale-movies
"

Should not have read that in class. Tears in my eyes. I really can’t wait for this to be my first movie in a movie theater in more than a year. 

Alice Ripley @ The Green Room Tonight  May 24 2021, 10:21:13 AM
Ugh, I wish I could see her live. Middle of the pandemic she was constantly on Instagram Live, just her and her piano or guitar, singing random songs. It got me through my mandated quarantine.
DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  May 24 2021, 10:19:24 AM
I really enjoy her singing. That is a beautiful version, I would have loved to see her play that character.
Self-care While Self-Distancing and Broadway is Closed  Mar 15 2020, 09:32:58 AM
Went to a beautiful state park yesterday with a friend and our dogs. Her dog is very well trained and I feel safe letting my puppy off leash with them and we got to see my puppy swim for the first time. We had a blast and saw a few people on the trail/beach, all grateful to be out in nature. Might go back there a few times next week given that my work has shut down for the next week and possibly next two weeks!
Broadway to Close?  Mar 13 2020, 10:14:10 AM

Kad said: "Frankly, it’s gross that any organization would not immediately give anyone affected by this situation a refund, no questions asked, no snark. This is a time in which everyone needs to step up and help one another, revenue be damned."

Agreed.  The fact that not everyone issued an automatic refund baffles me.  They are literally just creating more work on themselves. 

Broadway to Close?  Mar 13 2020, 09:57:29 AM

So far I have received an email regarding Company tickets saying that they will automatically be refunded.

I'm having an annoying time with TodayTix because they sent out a "110% voucher" of the price we paid for Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, however, I ship to Army basic training on April 21st and cannot reschedule this trip for god knows how long.  I have emailed them back and am waiting on a response.  Also, we live in Virginia so it's not like I ca

Broadway to Close  Mar 11 2020, 03:47:25 PM

theblackumbrella said: "Seeing “Company” next week so selfishly don’t want this to go into effect. This article seems to combat some concern. https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/03/11/bill-de-blasio-resists-closing-msg-broadway-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/amp/"

Seeing three shows in two weeks and same.  This may be the last round of theatre that I may be able to see in a VERY, very long time.  But I am also not ignorant so I will suck it up either way.

Company Previews Thread  Mar 4 2020, 11:09:51 AM

qolbinau said: "At first I was trying to rationalise this but in hindsight it would have been an interesting and hilarious moment to see Patti staring in Bobbi’s eyes asking to have sex with her. Can they try this in previews pls???"

Hahaha. I mean, I’m a lesbian.  Anything can happen, trust me. 

Company Previews Thread  Mar 4 2020, 06:15:19 AM

I’m confused about the whole Joanne/Larry/Bobbie thing. 

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

In the original, would it be Joanne giving herself up to Bobby and why wouldn’t they just keep it that way? We are all adults, bisexuality and queerness exist (obviously, it’s in the show already).  Or does it add more to the show t

Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center  Mar 3 2020, 08:36:15 PM
Same. Rachel Bay Jones was absolutely incredible. The “hoarseness” of her voice did not distract a bit and I actually found that I loved it. I was close enough to see their faces and her acting is absolutely incredible. I will never get a seat far from the stage for any future production of hers, it was thrilling to watch.
WHO’S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF? Preview Thread  Mar 3 2020, 01:57:59 PM
Would love to know as well! I am not a “play” person, but Edward Albee has my heart. I love his writings and this is my favorite play by far. Have tickets for the end of this month!
How is the current CATS tour?  Mar 2 2020, 10:09:34 PM
My partner has always wanted to see this musical since she was a child, so I told her the only way I would ever see it is if she bought the tickets (she’s not a theatre-goer like me, I usually go to shoes alone or will pay for her because I am dragging her to one I think she will like).

I had no idea what I was in for. I knew “Memory”, obviously, but I am not a big fan of ALW and the running joke in my family is how we put on the Cats VCR tape and no one was awake 30 minutes in.

Patti LuPone "I'm Still Here"  Feb 11 2020, 06:18:27 AM
Ugh, she is perfection. Thank you for sharing this.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You