pixeltracker

Song from THE NOTEBOOK released today…

Song from THE NOTEBOOK released today…

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#1Song from THE NOTEBOOK released today…
Posted: 9/22/23 at 3:28am

IF THIS IS LOVE from “The Notebook” was released as a single today. Ingrid Michaelson performs the song.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#2Song from THE NOTEBOOK released today…
Posted: 9/22/23 at 3:44am

Beautiful. It's quite elegantly simple that I think the actor will need a bit of charisma to pull this off or it could fall flat. Is this how it is sung & orchestrated in theatre? 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#3Song from THE NOTEBOOK released today…
Posted: 9/22/23 at 9:42am

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#4Song from THE NOTEBOOK released today…
Posted: 9/22/23 at 10:48am

Ingrid Michaelson revealed that this is the “original version of this song,” so it’s not the final product. I think it’s quite beautiful and hopefully they plan on releasing a full cover album a la waitress.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BossBroadway
#5Song from THE NOTEBOOK released today…
Posted: 9/22/23 at 11:28am

I can confirm that this is NOT the final version in the show and the version in the show (at least in Chicago) is significantly stronger.