Profile for TaffyDavenport

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
Member Name: TaffyDavenport
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Itmar Moses' THE ALLY at the Public  Feb 22 2024, 07:01:38 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/22/theater/itamar-moses-the-ally.html

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway  Feb 22 2024, 05:42:22 PM

For no other reason than it's amazing, here's Cole Escola, John Early, and Kate Berlant recreating a scene from Showgirls:

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway  Feb 22 2024, 04:48:26 PM

FYI, someone is selling orchestra D 9 on Sunday March 3 at 5:30p for $98 on the theatr app.

MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews  Feb 22 2024, 04:13:18 PM

Huss417 said: "Looking to purchase tickets as a gift and have a quick question about seating.

I have the option of Orch Row H center or Dress Circle Row A center. Wasn't sure which way to go as I couldn't figure out what row the Dress Circle over hangs the orchestra.

Thanks.
"

This has been asked before, and, to me, it looks like it overhangs rows M-N. In the pic below, I put a white line through row H:

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Feb 22 2024, 12:10:12 PM

Rave from Theatermania:

https://www.theatermania.com/news/review-jellys-last-jam-not-only-blows-the-roof-off-city-center-it-obliterates-it_1731046/

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Feb 21 2024, 03:19:19 PM

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway  Feb 21 2024, 02:57:52 PM

Last row of the mezzanine is only good if:

1. You're tall, or

2. You're on a booster seat, or

3. You're 1/2 standing and resting on your folded-up seat.

Otherwise, your view will almost certainly be blocked by heads. $58 is a good deal and a good enough seat, but front-row center has some of the best seats in the house.

An Oversaturated Spring? Data and opinions...  Feb 21 2024, 02:51:40 PM

Shows opening on Friday and Saturday, as well as doubling up on opening nights doesn't happen every year, though. As has already been mentioned, it's just those last 9 days of the Tony eligibility period that make it seem overstuffed.

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway  Feb 21 2024, 12:18:47 PM

FYI, the front row seats for $101 are a fantastic deal, relatively speaking. Anyone considering the $81 mezzanine seats should definitely spend the extra $20.

APPROPRIATE Transferring to the Belasco  Feb 21 2024, 10:06:52 AM

*Ella Beatty

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston  Feb 20 2024, 03:06:19 PM

That's not a link to the presale. It still needs the code, which is QOV (for the third time).

Not sure if it's a fan presale thing, but the prices seem on the low side, which is great. Since it's ATG, though, I'm guessing dynamic pricing could kick in at some point, and I'd expect prices to be higher for the possible one-week extension that's built in to the run.

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston  Feb 20 2024, 11:37:30 AM

Fan presale on now, with code QOV.

I tried...  Feb 20 2024, 10:12:37 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "MagicalMusical said: "DJD4 said: "I also loved her performance! I feel like nobody was talking about how good her acting is in this. I watched this with my partner (who doesn't love musicals), and he was like "why the hell is everyone freaking out about Margot Robbie when Fantasia gave a performance like THAT". In a less competitive year she might've won."

I completely agree! Margot was good but Fantasia wa

Taylor Schilling, Gabby Beans to star in world premiere of Kate Douglas’ THE APIARY at Second Stage  Feb 19 2024, 10:21:14 PM

Nimene Wureh replaced Gabby Beans.

SUCCESSION Star Jeremy Strong Will Return to Broadway in AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE  Feb 19 2024, 05:17:53 PM

Telecharge lists the run time as 2 hours, no intermission, but with a 5 minute pause.

The Hunt starring Tobias Menzies  Feb 19 2024, 11:56:17 AM

Trailer:

The Hunt starring Tobias Menzies  Feb 19 2024, 11:16:04 AM

I'd like to add a trigger warning for those who haven't seen the film. It's a huge spoiler, so proceed with caution, but I can see it being an issue for a significant number of people:

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

There's a beautiful dog in the play, and intentional harm is inflicted on it; not the actual dog, of course, but&nbs

SUFFS is coming to Broadway  Feb 19 2024, 04:07:57 AM

Broadway Flash said: "Presales are doing very well and the first two months of the run are selling at 90%. They are definitely a lock for a Best Musical nomination. All they have to do is get somewhat decent reviews, market the show properly,and it sounds like a hit."

Not sure where you’re looking, but sales on Telecharge are nowhere near 90%, and, actually, I’d say they’re poor, with the mezzanine very undersold for most performances.

The Hunt starring Tobias Menzies  Feb 19 2024, 01:07:20 AM

Forget Broadway, a show like this is why I love living near NYC: a world-class transfer from London that will likely never be seen anywhere else in the world. I loved it.

Brooklyn Laundry  Feb 19 2024, 12:53:39 AM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "kudos to cecily strong for picking such an intricate, small play to launch what i hope is a fruitful stage career. shes fantastic start to finish, in her showier scenes and even in the background letting others shine. shes worth seeing for sure.

and the play is engaging, another 80 minutes that mostly fly by. i enjoyed not knowing where Shanley was taking us, and I enjoyed the really impressive set work. But as others have mentioned, its a 5 act pla

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You