News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TaffyDavenport

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
Member Name: TaffyDavenport
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Gatsby or Merrily?  May 10 2024, 01:29:55 PM

What a strange question, although I am curious to see if anyone says The Great Gatsby, which would forever label them as someone with absolutely no taste.

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center  May 9 2024, 05:33:11 PM

During the member sale, you can only purchase member tickets, 1 for each membership you have, maximum of 4 memberships.

STEREOPHONIC Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread  May 9 2024, 03:24:44 PM

Those 2 tracks were released to the public on Tuesday.

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 9 2024, 12:09:07 PM

GottaGetAGimmick420 said: "You’re being dense. It’s not about the email itself. It’s about saying it’s a tragedy while the cast is en route to the theater for all they know is “a meeting”. But whatever, call me crazy for wanting producers to practice a little basic human decency. “Due to unforeseen circumstances” was all that needed to be said. Instead Deadline picked up the story before the cast was even at the theater and informed.

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 9 2024, 10:44:34 AM

The whole post was an overreaction, even with regard to the person who didn't like that they emailed ticket buyers before the cast meeting. I swear, it seems like some people are so quick to be offended that they don't even fully read what they're complaining about before posting.

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 8 2024, 11:22:00 PM

They also misquoted "What a sack of ****" as "What sacks of s**t."

OH MARY! Officially Transferring to Lyceum Theatre this Summer - 12 Weeks  May 8 2024, 07:52:20 PM

Article: OPERATION MINCEMEAT... plots its course to New York  May 8 2024, 04:05:02 PM

two ladies tickets said:

"We can assume that Stereophonic will be at The Golden through the end of the year"

Can we assume that?

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  May 7 2024, 01:56:39 PM

Cynthia Erivo and Ariana Grande perform "When You Believe" at the Met Gala:

https://www.tiktok.com/@arianagrande/video/7366251670562442542

New musical FROM HERE, inspired by Pulse nightclub tragedy, to premiere at Signature Theatre  May 7 2024, 12:46:40 PM

It's a rental, not part of Signature's season.

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  May 7 2024, 10:48:33 AM

Palace Theatre  May 6 2024, 02:45:25 PM

OH MARY! Officially Transferring to Lyceum Theatre this Summer - 12 Weeks  May 6 2024, 02:18:53 PM

They open June 5. If you look under "Venue & Access" on the show's Telecharge page, it has the box office info.

GALILEO starring Raúl Esparza  May 6 2024, 09:28:38 AM

I rarely have a problem with the search function. Guess some of us are just more savvy than others.

GALILEO starring Raúl Esparza  May 6 2024, 09:12:52 AM

Broadway Flash said: "I was looking everywhere for it and couldn’t find it. The search sucks. DELETE THREAD"

The search doesn't suck...

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  May 6 2024, 01:12:37 AM

Interesting that Eli Gelb was the show's sole winner at the Lortel Awards.

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway  May 5 2024, 10:46:33 PM

Revisited the show today after seeing it last in January, and it really is brilliant. Cole is fantastic, of course, but Conrad is just so damn good, as well. As a bonus, Michaela Coel was there, and I was kind of starstruck, since I've been a fan since Chewing Gum.

Balcony experience at Merrily?  May 5 2024, 10:40:33 PM

Best balcony on Broadway. As long as you're not too far off to either side, you'll be fine and won't miss anything.

Any luck moving to a closer, empty seat once you’re in the theatre?  May 4 2024, 09:22:43 PM

I do it a lot, but I always wait until intermission. 

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  May 3 2024, 03:07:30 PM

Broadway Flash said: "The nyt didnt even mention redmayne which was weird. His performance didn’t get bad reviews"

The point is that universally-praised Groff isn't losing to or splitting votes with Redmayne, whose performance plenty of people dislike, or at least just don't care about.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You