Sweeney Todd Alt. Performer

Smeds2 Profile Photo
Smeds2
#1Sweeney Todd Alt. Performer
Posted: 9/25/23 at 4:06am

Does anyone happen to know if Josh Groban is performing in the title role of Sweeney Todd eight shows a week? Or is there an alternate with a scheduled performance each week? Of course the producers want a draw-card name, but I'd love to see another performer in the role if possible.

willep
#2Sweeney Todd Alt. Performer
Posted: 9/25/23 at 5:36am

Everyone happens to know that there aren’t 8 shows a week, there are seven, and Josh plays all unless otherwise noted.

Smeds2 Profile Photo
Smeds2
#3Sweeney Todd Alt. Performer
Posted: 9/25/23 at 5:56am

"Everyone happens to know"? Charming. Eight shows a week is typical for a Broadway show and as it happens I hadn't looked up Sweeney Todd's performance schedule yet. Thanks for the info

B212323
#4Sweeney Todd Alt. Performer
Posted: 9/25/23 at 9:00am

Smeds2 said: "Does anyone happen to know if Josh Groban is performing in the title role of Sweeney Todd eight shows a week? Or is there an alternate with a scheduled performance each week? Of course the producers want a draw-card name, but I'd love to see another performer in the role if possible."

Josh performs at every show since it's only a 7 show week as opposed to 8 (barring illness of course) He has another vacation scheduled in November before the holiday where his standby  (and current Pirelli) and his understudy will most likely share the role again as they did a couple of weeks ago. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#5Sweeney Todd Alt. Performer
Posted: 9/25/23 at 9:03am

Josh is off November 15-19.

Videos