pixeltracker

Joss Ackland (who originated Peron in Evita and Fredrik in ALNM in London) has died at 95

Joss Ackland (who originated Peron in Evita and Fredrik in ALNM in London) has died at 95

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#1Joss Ackland (who originated Peron in Evita and Fredrik in ALNM in London) has died at 95
Posted: 11/19/23 at 10:32pm

RIP to a legend! His final stage performance appeared to be the title role in Jonathan Miller's benefit reading of KING LEAR at the Old Vic a decade ago...not a bad way to go out. He also appeared in some big blockbusters like Bill & Ted, Hunt for Red October, and Lethal Weapon 2.

In 1958-59, he appeared on Broadway in an Old Vic rep season of Hamlet, Henry V, and 12th Night.

Here's his work on the original London cast album of A Little Night Music and his "She Is A Diamond" from Evita.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Joss Ackland (who originated Peron in Evita and Fredrik in ALNM in London) has died at 95
Posted: 11/19/23 at 11:24pm

I actually saw he died tonight while watching one of his films, “Lady Jane”. An incredible actor. 

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#3Joss Ackland (who originated Peron in Evita and Fredrik in ALNM in London) has died at 95
Posted: 11/20/23 at 11:15am

Hi performance of "Now" on the London Cast Recording of NIGHT MUSIC is sublime.

Now

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#4Joss Ackland (who originated Peron in Evita and Fredrik in ALNM in London) has died at 95
Posted: 11/20/23 at 11:58am

I'm sure this has been reported somewhere but what was the justification behind replacing the London cast of EVITA for Broadway? Was that Equity, or was it ALW/Prince/Stigwood wanting something different for Broadway? I gather Prince must have liked Ackland since he cast him in pivotal roles in two different musicals.

Updated On: 11/20/23 at 11:58 AM