pixeltracker

Look forward to seeing the movie Musical remake of 'The Color Purple' on Christmas Day 2023

Look forward to seeing the movie Musical remake of 'The Color Purple' on Christmas Day 2023

Steven Hawkins
#1Look forward to seeing the movie Musical remake of 'The Color Purple' on Christmas Day 2023
Posted: 12/20/23 at 6:55am

Hello, my Name is Steven Hawkins. I am a Freelance writer from Greenville SC. I Look forward to seeing the remake of the movie 'The Color Purple' on Christmas Day 2023. This movie is coming up Next in movie theaters near you. The movie is a remake of a movie that was first released on December 1985 that starred Oprah Winfrey, Whoopi Goldberg, and Danny Glover. I look forward to going to this movie with my Mother, sisters, Nephew and nieces, and my Brother Tommie Lee; and my family can't wait to see it . The movie stars Singer Fantasia Barrino and Actress Halle Bailey. Fantasia sings wonderfully in this movie. The movie is a Classic story about Black women struggles and hard work in the American South; and how when they banned together they became better people. Sister; Remember your name. I'm something. And I hope you think you're something too. Sister! 

Updated On: 12/20/23 at 06:55 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Look forward to seeing the movie Musical remake of 'The Color Purple' on Christmas Day 2023
Posted: 12/20/23 at 9:33am

It's NOT a remake of Spielberg's film.  It is a film of the now twice produced Broadway musical - a very different entitiy. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3Look forward to seeing the movie Musical remake of 'The Color Purple' on Christmas Day 2023
Posted: 12/20/23 at 10:21am

Also, Spielberg’s 1985 film adaptation and the 2005 Broadway musical adaptation (and its 2015 Broadway revival) are based on Alice Walker’s 1982 book. None of these adaptations are based on each other - they use the same source book for their adaptations. Neither is a “remake” of each other. 

Videos