pixeltracker

Eddie Redmaynes involvement in cabaret

Eddie Redmaynes involvement in cabaret

Theatrefanboy1
#1Eddie Redmaynes involvement in cabaret
Posted: 3/5/24 at 11:30pm

Besides starting in, is Eddie Redmayne also a producer? Or getting back door investment from the show.  I had overheard today someone saying how he had a pretty beneficial contract with behind the scenes stuff. I’m just curious if anyone knows if it’s a bette midler type bonus plan or what.  

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#2Eddie Redmaynes involvement in cabaret
Posted: 3/6/24 at 12:08am

The deep dive into the show in Vogue today explained that he was the Emcee in Underbelly's production at Edinburgh Fringe 20-ish years ago and they approached him about doing a West End production before Frecknall or anyone else was attached. In fact, he was the one who approached her about joining on. I can't imagine he doesn't have some a producer credit or some sort of stake beyond just being an actor if he was that involved that early. 

https://www.vogue.com/article/cabaret-broadway-revival-april-2024 

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#3Eddie Redmaynes involvement in cabaret
Posted: 3/6/24 at 12:38am

If not a silent producer, he certainly will be getting a big chunk of the box office during his run. The entire production was designed around his interpretation of the Emcee, which was clear to me even seeing it with someone else playing the role.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards