London Trip July 4th

MarilynMonroeSmash Profile Photo
MarilynMonroeSmash
#1London Trip July 4th
Posted: 4/6/24 at 1:35pm

I’d love to get some recommendations for my London Trip around July 4th. I have my list, but I’m sure I may be missing something! The shows on my radar are: Bluets, Slave Play, Mean Girls, Kiss Me Kate, Opening Night, Standing At the Sky’s Edge, Two Strangers, The Constituent, Next to Normal, Hadestown, and The Devil Wears Prada (Plymouth).

Any other recommendations?

Updated On: 4/6/24 at 01:35 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2London Trip July 4th
Posted: 4/6/24 at 1:40pm

“Devil Wears Prada” doesn’t start until October in London, unless you’re seeing it out of town. And just to be safe, don’t bank on “Opening Night” still being open. Have a backup show. 

Jmuep2
#3London Trip July 4th
Posted: 4/6/24 at 1:50pm

Standing at the Sky's Edge is a must. IMO. 

The additional things that are on my list for July 4 are Hello Dolly, Boys from the BlackstuffStarlight Express, Mnemonic at the National, Passing Strange at the Young Vic, Spirited Away, People Places and Things and Slave Play. (I'm curious to see that with a non-US audience.)

MarilynMonroeSmash said: "I’d love to get some recommendations for my London Trip around July 4th. I have my list, but I’m sure I may be missing something! The shows on my radar are: Bluets, Slave Play, Mean Girls, Kiss Me Kate, Opening Night, Standing At the Sky’s Edge, Two Strangers, The Constituent, Next to Normal, Hadestown, and The Devil Wears Prada.

Any other recommendations?
"

Musigamist
#4London Trip July 4th
Posted: 4/6/24 at 1:51pm

I’ll be there just after that myself and I have Starlight Express and Hello Dolly booked in addition to several you have listed. If you haven’t seen Operation Mincemeat or Guys & Dolls those are good choices. Orange Tree Theatre is doing Noel Coward’s Suite in Three Keys and it’s rumored that ‘Till the Stars Come Down may transfer from the National Theatre. Additionally, the Menier should be opening The Baker’s Wife around then according to Stephen Schwartz, assuming it’s still happening.

Updated On: 4/6/24 at 01:51 PM

MarilynMonroeSmash
#5London Trip July 4th
Posted: 4/6/24 at 1:54pm

I’m thinking about doing a day trip to Plymouth for the first preview of Prada.

And yes, I forgot I had Hello Dolly and Starlight Express on that list too.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#6London Trip July 4th
Posted: 4/6/24 at 3:15pm

I’m pretty sure it’s completely sold out by now, but if you can, go see Romeo and Juliet before it transfers to Broadway. 

Oh look, a bibu!

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#7London Trip July 4th
Posted: 4/7/24 at 1:28am

We are there end of June and have booked People Places & Things, Two Strangers and Next to Normal. May add Standing at Sky’s Edge.

Operation Mincemeat should be on your list. 

and check out theatreboard.co.uk for views on shows. 

MarilynMonroeSmash
#8London Trip July 4th
Posted: 4/7/24 at 9:01am

I’ve seen Operation Mincemeat my last two trips so I completely understand the hype!