News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

US OPEN

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#1US OPEN
Posted: 5/12/24 at 10:48pm

Does anybody watch grand slam tennis?  It seems to get more and more popular every year, I love going to the US open 

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#2US OPEN
Posted: 5/13/24 at 9:00am

Yes, I watch it and love it. Still play tennis several times a week although at my age now it is mostly doubles. I have been fortunate to have gone to the US Open 7 times, last time I was there was 2022. I try to go to the day sessions, more tennis for your money. Head to the practice courts as soon as I get there, have seen some top players practice over the years including the Williams sisters. Then go to Armstrong to catch 30 minutes of first match there before heading over to Ashe for the main matches of afternoon session. After that it is cool to go to the outer courts and catch some doubles. Will not be able to go this year but hope to in 2025.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#3US OPEN
Posted: 5/15/24 at 10:05pm

US Open tennis? Absolutely.

Love watching it on television, and it’s fun (if a bit exhausting) to see it live. 

Oh look, a bibu!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#4US OPEN
Posted: 5/24/24 at 11:09pm

Have watched tennis for many years. Wimbledon and the US Open are my favorite two. Do a number of years I took a week off to watch the second week of Wimbledon. In 2017 I finally got to go to the US Open and saw Venus Williams play.

Just give the world Love.

Broadway Flash
#5US OPEN
Posted: 6/20/24 at 12:06am

I was sad Coco didn’t win the French open.  Very much looking forward to Wimbledon!

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#6US OPEN
Posted: 6/20/24 at 9:41am

"I was sad Coco didn’t win the French open. Very much looking forward to Wimbledon!"

Unfortunately for her, she had to play Swiatek in SF who now has 11-1 record against her. I love Wimbledon and thrilled it is only two weeks away. I think Coco's best chance is to repeat as champion at the US Open. I got to see her play when I went in 2022. Got some good pictures of her and if I knew how to post pictures here I would share a couple.

Broadway Flash
#7US OPEN
Posted: 7/1/24 at 9:54am

First day of Wimbledon!  Let’s go Coco

Broadway Flash
#8US OPEN
Posted: 7/5/24 at 11:48am

Go Tiafoe go!!!!

Broadway Flash
#9US OPEN
Posted: 7/5/24 at 12:39pm

Sad ending but he was amazing nevertheless

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#10US OPEN
Posted: 7/5/24 at 7:44pm

"Sad ending but he was amazing nevertheless"

He played very well but lost. There are no moral victories for US guys like Tiafoe, Paul and Fritz. They are not in their early 20's and a good showing against top ranked opponent is cause for celebration. They are all in their mid 20's and are ranked in the top 30. Nothing but winning and advancing should be cheered by US tennis fans. Tiafoe seems to match up well against Alcaraz, lost to him in 5 sets at US Open.  Actually 2024 has not been a great year for Tiafoe, he barely has winning record.

Broadway Flash
#11US OPEN
Posted: 7/5/24 at 9:03pm

You sound like a tough coach!  I still enjoyed the match, and mostly wanted Alcaraz to lose. 

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#12US OPEN
Posted: 7/6/24 at 1:37pm

"You sound like a tough coach! I still enjoyed the match, and mostly wanted Alcaraz to lose. "

You are right. I may sound tough but these are professional athletes and you don't get much acclaim for losing no matter how well you may have played. I don't actively root against anybody but I did want Tiafoe to win, enjoyed the match also.

Coco and her team must be high fiving all over Wimbledon with Swiatek being upset. I was a bit shocked how badly she lost after winning the 1rst set. This loss broke her 21 match winning streak which I guess shows she is human. That being said, grass seems to be Swiatek's "Kryptonite". Coco is now the favorite in the women's draw.

Broadway Flash
#13US OPEN
Posted: 7/7/24 at 12:24am

Yes and Sabalenka not competing, victory is in sight for Coco!

Broadway Flash
#14US OPEN
Posted: 7/7/24 at 5:53pm

I spoke too soon. Ouch.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#15US OPEN
Posted: 7/7/24 at 5:53pm

Coco loses to Navarro in the 4th round 4-6,3-6. If she had to lose it at least it is to young American woman I like very much. This was a bad loss for Coco in several ways. First, the path to winning the title was ideal for her with Swiatek upset yesterday and Sabalenka withdrawal. Once again, Coco's issue with her forehand (too many errors) killed her in this match. My gut reaction is that Brad Gilbert may not be one of her coaches much longer. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#16US OPEN
Posted: 7/8/24 at 1:51pm

What a thrilling comeback from Taylor Fritz to advance to the quarters. A statement win. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Broadway Flash
#17US OPEN
Posted: 7/8/24 at 3:02pm

I love it, he just always seems to hit a wall after this point

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#18US OPEN
Posted: 7/8/24 at 7:23pm

"I love it, he just always seems to hit a wall after this point"

Exactly. It was a good win today coming back from being down two sets. His problem along with other top male American players is they can't back up a big win with another one. Let's hope Fritz and Paul surprise us and make SF.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#19US OPEN
Posted: 7/10/24 at 10:49am

Who had Rybakina, Paolini, Vekić, and Krejčíková as the women’s final four this year?

Oh look, a bibu!

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#20US OPEN
Posted: 12/31/99 at 7:06pm

"Who had Rybakina, Paolini, Vekić, and Krejčíková as the women’s final four this year?"

I had Rybakina and that is all -lol.

Videos