TDF member info?

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#1TDF member info?
Posted: 6/9/24 at 8:54am

I'm considering applying for a TDF membership. I'm a union member, and am wondering if it's worth it for me. I see that it looks like it's $42 for a membership, is that the cost for 1 year? What are the discounts like and on how many shows? Any info would be appreciated!

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#2TDF member info?
Posted: 6/9/24 at 9:01am

FANtomFollies said: "I'm considering applying for a TDF membership. I'm a union member, and am wondering if it's worth it for me. I see that it looks like it's $42 for a membership, is that the cost for 1 year? What are the discounts like and on how many shows? Any info would be appreciated!"

It is a one year membership. If you see one show a year it pretty much pays for itself. I know there is a deal right now to join for $35.00 if you use the code JOIN35. All the info you are asking is pretty much explained on their website tdf.org

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.
Updated On: 6/9/24 at 09:01 AM

stagepotato
#3TDF member info?
Posted: 6/9/24 at 9:02am

Musicals are $63 ($59 + $4 fee) and plays cheaper. Inventory added anywhere from two weeks in advance or next day. Past date is the same policy as whatever the official ticket seller is. Has Broadway, off-Broadway, and other events like NYCC, Ben Platt’s concert. 

current Broadway selection is: Back to the Future, A Beautiful Noise, Hadestown, The Heart of Rock and Roll, Home, Illinois, The Notebook, Patriots, Water for Elephants, The Who’s Tommy, The Wiz  

chrishuyen
#4TDF member info?
Posted: 6/9/24 at 1:41pm

Also to add, the $4 ticket fee is per order, not per ticket, and you can order up to 9 tickets (inventory depending), so that fee pretty much becomes negligible if you order a bunch.  I've also had good success with changing my order (refunding/switching dates) by emailing TDF as long as it's before the day of the show and they've been really helpful.

You can also check out the TDF thread on here: https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1090657.  It's pretty massively long but if you just go to the last pages, people detail things like what shows go up and where their seats are (though for popular shows like Titanic at NYCC, they do sell out quickly so it behooves you to keep checking the site).

stagepotato
#5TDF member info?
Posted: 6/9/24 at 2:12pm

Re: refunding and switching. It all depends on who answers the TDF email honestly. Some are more willing to initiate the refund than others. 

For example, last fall I bought for Purlie Victorius but we had a hurricane so I emailed TDF and they were able to cancel without issue. This was same day.

Just this week, I ordered for The Heart of Rock and Roll. Won the lottery so I didn’t need the TDF ticket and asked if they could exchange it for a future date. Emailed TDF on Tuesday at 10am to exchange for Wednesday’s 2pm matinee. TDF said since the orders were already sent to the box office for the next day, canceling would be out of their hands. They directed me to talk to Telecharge/ Shuberts. I contacted them via email and Telecharge / Shuberts said they contacted the box office and the box office hadn’t received anything from TDF for Wednesday’s matinee. This was Tuesday afternoon. I contacted Telecharge/Shuberts after the matinee on Wednesday and they said the box office still didn’t have a ticket with my name reserved. It wasn’t until Friday where I finally got a confirmation from Telecharge / Shuberts allowing me to past date. 

After this, and the fact that TDF outright lied to a customer, I’m hesitant to renew my membership. 

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#6TDF member info?
Posted: 6/9/24 at 3:16pm

stagepotato said: "Just this week, I ordered for The Heart of Rock and Roll. Won the lottery so I didn’t need the TDF ticket and asked if they could exchange it for a future date."

Why were you playing the lottery for a performance you already had a ticket for?

JSquared2
#7TDF member info?
Posted: 6/9/24 at 10:29pm

stagepotato said: "Re: refunding and switching. It all depends on who answers the TDF email honestly. Some are more willing to initiate the refund than others.

For example, last fall I bought for Purlie Victorius but we had a hurricane so I emailed TDF and they were able to cancel without issue. This was same day.

Just this week, I ordered for The Heart of Rock and Roll. Won the lottery so I didn’t need the TDF ticket and asked if they could exchange it for a future date. Emailed TDF on Tuesday at 10am to exchange for Wednesday’s 2pm matinee. TDF said since the orders were already sent to the box office for the next day, canceling would be out of their hands. They directed me to talk to Telecharge/ Shuberts. I contacted them via email and Telecharge / Shuberts said they contacted the box office and the box office hadn’treceived anything from TDF for Wednesday’s matinee. This was Tuesday afternoon.I contacted Telecharge/Shubertsafter the matinee on Wednesday and they said the box office still didn’t have a ticket with my name reserved. It wasn’t until Friday where I finally got a confirmation from Telecharge / Shuberts allowing me to past date.

After this, and the fact that TDF outright lied to a customer, I’m hesitant to renew my membership.
"

I’m exhausted just reading your post.  You also seem like the sort of TDF customer that gives the rest of us a bad reputation (difficult, self-entitled, etc etc).  

spicemonkey
#8TDF member info?
Posted: 6/9/24 at 11:15pm

FANtomFollies said: "stagepotato said: "Just this week, I ordered for The Heart of Rock and Roll. Won the lottery so I didn’t need the TDF ticket and asked if they could exchange it for a future date."

Why were you playing the lottery for a performance you already had a ticket for?
"

+1

Updated On: 6/9/24 at 11:15 PM

spicemonkey
#9TDF member info?
Posted: 6/9/24 at 11:18pm

stagepotato said: "
 I’m hesitant to renew my membership."

why did u even buy the lotto ticket when u already got TDF ticket for the same performance.

also to add: past dating is never a guarantee. making decision to not renew TDF based on a failed attempt to past date a  ticket is just beyond my understanding

EDIT: looks like you did get the past-date ticket

Updated On: 6/10/24 at 11:18 PM

stagepotato
#10TDF member info?
Posted: 6/10/24 at 5:45am

Updated On: 6/10/24 at 05:45 AM

stagepotato
#11TDF member info?
Posted: 6/10/24 at 6:34am

I just forgot I purchased through TDF. I wrote down in my calendar that I was seeing the show but forgot to include my ticket info. Normally if I leave the ticket info blank, that to mean means try lottery or rush (and this time I unexpectedly won). I saw the TDF confirmation after I purchased the lottery so I emailed them immediately after to try and release the ticket for another customer. See, not entitled or difficult. Human error. 

Videos