pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - 1st National Tour

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - 1st National Tour

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - 1st National Tour
Posted: 6/10/24 at 12:01pm

After nearly 6.5 years of playing on Broadway, the producers and creative team of "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" will launch a 1st National Tour this September 10th in Chicago.

The cast for the tour was announced this morning, featuring John Skelley as Harry Potter, who returns to the titular role after starring in the San Francisco sit-down production. Alongside Skelley will be Matt Mueller as Ron Weasley, Ebony Blake as Hermione Granger, Trish Lindstrom as Ginny Potter, and more.

The tour will play in Chicago through February 1, 2025, after which it will travel to Hollywood's Pantages Theatre for an engagement from February 13 through June 22. Following this, it will move on to The National Theatre in Washington, DC, where it will begin performances on July 8.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#2Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - 1st National Tour
Posted: 6/10/24 at 1:14pm

Can’t wait to see it here in Chicago and curious what they’re changed with it. 

chrishuyen
#3Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - 1st National Tour
Posted: 6/10/24 at 1:51pm

Really curious to hear how the effects work, I heard from someone that the main change is getting rid of the onstage water (which makes sense), but I'd assume there's more than that too.

MrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
#4Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - 1st National Tour
Posted: 6/11/24 at 2:57pm

I'm curious to see if the touring actors will play into the queer subtext. James Romney and Brady Dalton Richards played the Albus / Scorpius relationship as a romance when I saw the show on Broadway.
James Romney and Brady D. Richards, 1-Part Version of Harry Potter Cursed Child [Full Interview] (youtube.com)

threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#5Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - 1st National Tour
Posted: 6/11/24 at 4:19pm

chrishuyen said: "Really curious to hear how the effects work, I heard from someone that the main change is getting rid of the onstage water (which makes sense), but I'd assume there's more than that too."

I don't even remember the water? 

chrishuyen
#6Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - 1st National Tour
Posted: 6/11/24 at 4:26pm

I think the water is at the top of what used to be the second act of part 1

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

When they go back in time to the Triwizard Tournament and end up in the lake they climb out of a pool of water on stage

Latest Posts

Videos