pixeltracker

ANNIE returns to NYC at the Theatre at MSG for the 2024 holiday season; tour will switch from non-Eq to Equity

ANNIE returns to NYC at the Theatre at MSG for the 2024 holiday season; tour will switch from non-Eq to Equity

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#1ANNIE returns to NYC at the Theatre at MSG for the 2024 holiday season; tour will switch from non-Eq to Equity
Posted: 6/20/24 at 3:39pm

I can't remember the last time a non-Eq tour switched to Equity partway through?

In a rare move for the industry, the national touring production of Annie will switch from Non-Equity to equity status this fall. The Non-Equity tour played its final performance last month in Portland, OR.

The Equity tour will also play a five-week engagement at the theater at Madison Square Garden in New York City over the holiday season - though dates have yet to be announced.

Aside from a change in union status, the tour will retain its creative team. The touring production of Annie is directed by Jenn Thompson, and has choreography by Patricia Wilcox (Motown, A Night with Janis Joplin), orchestrations by Dan DeLange, scenic design by Wilson Chin (Pass Over), costume design by Alejo Vietti (Jersey Boys), lighting design by Philip Rosenberg, sound design by Ken Travis (Disney's Aladdin), hair & wig design by Ashley Rae Callahan and casting by Paul Hardt of Hardt Casting, LLC. The lovable mutt Sandy is once again trained by Tony Award Honoree William Berloni.

Updated On: 6/21/24 at 03:39 PM

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#2ANNIE returns to NYC at the Theatre at MSG for the 2024 holiday season; tour will switch from non-Eq to Equity
Posted: 6/20/24 at 11:48pm

Guessing the move is to entice/placate a “name” for one of the roles maybe. 

Listener
BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#4ANNIE returns to NYC at the Theatre at MSG for the 2024 holiday season; tour will switch from non-Eq to Equity
Posted: 6/21/24 at 7:30am

Listener said: "What's the current tour like?"

jlindsey865 Profile Photo
jlindsey865
Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#6ANNIE returns to NYC at the Theatre at MSG for the 2024 holiday season; tour will switch from non-Eq to Equity
Posted: 6/21/24 at 9:51am

jpbran said: "Guessing the move is to entice/placate a “name” for one of the roles maybe."

Faith Prince, perhaps?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#7ANNIE returns to NYC at the Theatre at MSG for the 2024 holiday season; tour will switch from non-Eq to Equity
Posted: 6/21/24 at 10:00am

Call_me_jorge said: "jpbran said: "Guessing the move is to entice/placate a “name” for one of the roles maybe."

Faith Prince, perhaps?
"

Faith Prince was a replacement in the 2012 revival (following Katie Finneran and Jane Lynch). Unfortunately, she was out the afternoon I went, though.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

BrodyFosse123
#8ANNIE returns to NYC at the Theatre at MSG for the 2024 holiday season; tour will switch from non-Eq to Equity
Posted: 6/21/24 at 10:03am

Call_me_jorge said: "jpbran said: "Guessing the move is to entice/placate a “name” for one of the roles maybe."

Faith Prince, perhaps?
"

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#9ANNIE returns to NYC at the Theatre at MSG for the 2024 holiday season; tour will switch from non-Eq to Equity
Posted: 6/21/24 at 10:46am

Faith Prince, perhaps?
"

They would be lucky to get someone of talent but what they really need is a NAME to move tickets at that time of year.

Faith Prince is not a name, has never been a name, and will never be a name.

(Getting a name is easier said than done.)

BrodyFosse123
#10ANNIE returns to NYC at the Theatre at MSG for the 2024 holiday season; tour will switch from non-Eq to Equity
Posted: 6/21/24 at 11:19am

Hey now, Tony Award winner Faith Prince WAS a huge name in the 90s. She even played Richard Kind’s girlfriend on the hit sitcom SPIN CITY. Sadly, her spark did fizzle and even though everyone kept saying she’d be perfect for a BELLS ARE RINGING revival, turns out it was a horrible fit for her. Go figure. 

DaveyG
#11ANNIE returns to NYC at the Theatre at MSG for the 2024 holiday season; tour will switch from non-Eq to Equity
Posted: 6/21/24 at 11:36am

Notice there are no wide shots in the sizzle reel because they don't want to show the cheap looking set.

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#12ANNIE returns to NYC at the Theatre at MSG for the 2024 holiday season; tour will switch from non-Eq to Equity
Posted: 6/21/24 at 11:58am

BrodyFosse123 said: "Hey now, Tony Award winner Faith Prince WAS a huge name in the 90s. She even played Richard Kind’s girlfriend on the hit sitcom SPIN CITY. Sadly, her spark did fizzle and even though everyone kept saying she’d be perfect for a BELLS ARE RINGING revival, turns out it was a horrible fit for her. Go figure."

Look, I love Faith Prince, but she has never been a box office star. Her immediate followup to G&D lasted just 12 performances, which was followed by replacement gigs in The King & I and James Joyce's The Dead, a limited-run revival of Little Me built around Marty Short, and her misbegotten turn in Bells Are Ringing. The 2000s have been no better for her.

And based on reports out of Chicago, it does not sound like the role in BOOP is worth her time, but a gig is a gig.

Sometimes audiences only want to see performers play one role.

Videos