News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Music Man 2000 Revival Cast Recording

Music Man 2000 Revival Cast Recording

EvanstonDad
#1Music Man 2000 Revival Cast Recording
Posted: 7/11/24 at 6:24pm

Anyone know why the cast recording of the 2000 revival of The Music Man is nowhere to be found on streaming services? Or at least not on Spotify. To me it's the most satisfying recording of the show, much more complete than the original cast recording and better sung than the Hugh Jackman revival.

Rentaholic2
#2Music Man 2000 Revival Cast Recording
Posted: 7/11/24 at 10:02pm

I've wondered this myself.  Also, why isn't The Wedding Singer on Apple Music?  I did notice recently that the South Pacific revival cast recording is now on Apple Music, when it wasn't for the longest time.  

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#3Music Man 2000 Revival Cast Recording
Posted: 7/11/24 at 11:00pm

I don’t have an answer to the question but this is why I’ve started going back to physical media. It’s becoming very hard to rely on digital platforms. 

Dreamboy3
#4Music Man 2000 Revival Cast Recording
Posted: 7/12/24 at 8:18am

There are quite a number of other odd omissions:  Lincoln Center’s  Carousel and Wonderful Town with Donna Murphy (oddly, the recording with Brooke Shields is available)

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#5Music Man 2000 Revival Cast Recording
Posted: 7/12/24 at 8:53am

I'd also like to know what's going on with The Wiz obc and movie soundtrack. It seems like only one of them is allowed to be streaming at any given time, and lately it's been the movie :( 

60'splayoff Profile Photo
60'splayoff
#6Music Man 2000 Revival Cast Recording
Posted: 7/12/24 at 1:36pm

Adding the 2001 revival cast recording of 42nd Street and Brooklyn! 

I'm sure there's more. It must have something to do with the record label and distribution rules yada yada.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#7Music Man 2000 Revival Cast Recording
Posted: 7/12/24 at 2:34pm

Also Spotify only has the Highlights from the Original London Cast Recording of Miss Saigon.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#8Music Man 2000 Revival Cast Recording
Posted: 7/12/24 at 2:52pm

Spotify has the Rent OBC highlights but not the complete recording.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#9Music Man 2000 Revival Cast Recording
Posted: 7/12/24 at 3:25pm

darquegk said: "Spotify has the Rent OBC highlights but not the complete recording."

A hate crime.

Videos