pixeltracker

What's your favorite moment...- Page 2

What's your favorite moment...

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#25re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What's your favorite moment...
Posted: 2/28/04 at 8:39pm

Harvey's switch to beautiful woman in Hairspray, "Good Morning Baltimore", "Willkkommen", "Last Midnight".

b-waygirl
#26re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What's your favorite moment...
Posted: 2/28/04 at 8:42pm

gimmee gimme from TMM
the opening of 42nd street w/ the people's feet
in POTO:
the part w/ the mirrors where Christine Daee is in the room and she's like about to cross over the mirrors to the phantom's lair and you like see everything and it's justlike....yea like that.
chandeliar-must i say more?

parking for drive-thru service only. thank you.

NativeNewYorker
#27re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What's your favorite moment...
Posted: 2/28/04 at 8:47pm

-the very end of West Side Story when the Shark boys help carry Tony's body (Never saw it on Broadway, but every time I see that scene in a community or school production...I just love that ending...leaves you with hope)

-when Meg picks up the Phantom's mask

-when the new Modern turns around at the end of Millie and we see her hopeful face looking up. I BURST into tears at that part. The last time I saw it, I was with my mom and she just looked at me and shook her head.

-"Leave the wall. Remember you must ALWAYS leave the wall" :)

-when Amneris comes to life in Aida

-when Millie bursts out in her short skirt and bobbed hair

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#28re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What's your favorite moment...
Posted: 2/28/04 at 9:04pm

-when millie becomes a modern in TMM
-when the emcee looks through the door in the beginning of "Wilkomenn"
-Idina Menzel defying gravity
-the last moment of the barricade where it turns and you see all the dead bodies in Les Mis
-and "The Mol you ruv someone' from Avenue Q

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#29re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What's your favorite moment...
Posted: 2/28/04 at 9:06pm

oh, I'm adding wickedfan's (when Emcee looks through the door right before Willkommen) to my list. Needless to say I freaked out when I saw Adam Pascal - I actually turned to my friend and said "Look! Those are Adam's eyes!!!" - but it was so intriguing the first time I saw it, and a perfect indication of how intriguing the rest of the show would be.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 2/28/04 at 09:06 PM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#30re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What's your favorite moment...
Posted: 2/28/04 at 9:13pm

I forgt the exploding house in An Inspector Calls

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#31re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What's your favorite moment...
Posted: 2/28/04 at 10:02pm

When Heather Headley sang The Gods Love Nubia at the end of Aida's Act 1. Gives me shivers every time I hear the recording, and in person it's even better.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

StrictlyShowtunes
#32re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What's your favorite moment...
Posted: 2/28/04 at 10:30pm

Yeah, racerchiquita, I saw the movie--it wasn't anywhere near as chilling, but it was powerful in its own way. I've seen Cabaret many times,a nd I've seen all kinds of endings--the Emcee collapses as smoke rises from the stage, the Emcee becomes a venriloquist and put his hand on Sally's back so it looks like she's saying his final lines--but the B'way one with the stray lightbulbs flickering and Sally standing alone in front of the empty orchestra--wow.

There are glasses to raise in the praise of survivin' the day

luvtheEmcee
#33re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What's your favorite moment...
Posted: 2/28/04 at 10:34pm

wow, striclyshowtunes, those endings sound amazing. I'm a huge Cabaret fan (obviously) but it's only a recent development. I saw the '98 revival three times, but that's the only one I've seen. I loved the ending to that one. It never failed to send a chill down my spine.
Just curious, what productions were the endings you listed from?

StrictlyShowtunes
#34re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What's your favorite moment...
Posted: 2/28/04 at 10:43pm

luvtheEmcee,
The smoke one was from a regional production on the North Shore of Massachusets/New Hampshire shoreline (so many years ago, can't remember where!) and the ventriloquist ending was from Barrington Stage Company's brilliant production in 1997-1998 starring Marni Nixon, Spiro Malas (amazing voice) and Becca Ayers (ditto on the amazing voice).

There are glasses to raise in the praise of survivin' the day

luvtheEmcee
#35re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What's your favorite moment...
Posted: 2/28/04 at 10:48pm

Thanks StrictlyShowtunes! The ventriloquist one sounds sort of creepy. It's interesting how there are so many takes on it. I miss Cabaret re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What's your favorite moment...
There's going to be a regional production in Westchester, NY in late August, which I'm most definitely going to see. They say it's modeled after the '98 revival, but I'd be interested to see how they handle the ending. I actually haven't seen the movie yet. I need to get on that. I've been a bit stubborn since the show closed and I've been afraid that it will somehow alter my perception of Cabaret because it's different from the show I saw. I have to get over that and just see the movie already. How is the movie ending?

Wicked_Elphie Profile Photo
Wicked_Elphie
#36re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What's your fav
Posted: 2/28/04 at 10:50pm

ok...being the millie-loving freak that I am...my fave is when SUTTON sings "Gimme Gimme"! It gives me insane chills everytime!

I second or third or w/e the "It's Meeeee" from "Wicked" and pretty much from there on of "Defying Gravity"

I looove "I go to Rio"

When everyone comes out in the beginning of Act II of "Rent" for Seasons of Love

The end of Cabaret always does it for me too

umm..ohh another Millie one, when Jimmy gets them into the speakeasy and their all dancing and drinking....I just love that whole part!

"One Day More" in Les Mis

ok and also from Millie, when her and Jimmy are on Muzzy's balcony after Millie puts soy sauce on that woman's dress when they are arguing back and forth and then they kiss...it's just adorable...ya know what pretty much anything from Millie is on this list!

"Take a breath. Take a step. Take a chance. Take your time." -L5Y

#37My Favorite Moments
Posted: 2/28/04 at 11:11pm

In the TOUR of JEKYLL AND HYDE when Jekyll stabs Lucy after A NEW LIFE. The sheer shock of it all.

When Jennifer Holliday breaks down during DREAMGIRLS and tears apart the stage druing And I am Telling You...

Videos