Discount Broadway tix

Jason128
#0Discount Broadway tix
Posted: 4/11/04 at 11:28pm

Hey everyone! I was just wondering is there anyway to get discount tickets to boradway shows. Me and a couple friends really want to see a couple shows this summer, but since we're all off to college in the fall, we really can't spend too much. I remember last summer when we saw RENT was got a student discount which was awesome, but our other friend hooked us up with that and we haven't spoken to her in a while. So yea, any help would be appreciated! :)

We really want to see any four out of these:

Hairspray
Aida
Movin Out
Wicked
Little Shop
Gypsy
Lion King
Beauty and The Beast

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: Discount Broadway tix
Posted: 4/11/04 at 11:30pm

for discount codes:
playbill.com (you have to sign up)
broadwaybox.com
seasonofsavings.com
New York Times Ticketwatch (sign up at nytimes.com)

student rush and standing room (check playbill.com and talkinbroadway.com for more info) and TKTS

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#2re: re: Discount Broadway tix
Posted: 4/11/04 at 11:45pm

I think all of the shows you listed except for Hairspray, Wicked and Lion King are usually available at tkts.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

Jason128
#3re: re: re: Discount Broadway tix
Posted: 4/12/04 at 12:15am

Thank you luvtheemcee! I really appreciate that! :)

Jason128
#4re: re: re: re: Discount Broadway tix
Posted: 4/12/04 at 12:16am

Thank you also Tiff.

etoile
#5 Discount Broadway tix
Posted: 4/12/04 at 12:23am

Check out this site.

(And isn't it nice to have a theater message board where other theater sites are permitted to be mentioned without fear of deletion.)
Frugal Theater Discounts

Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.

Type_A_Tiff
#6re: Discount Broadway tix
Posted: 4/12/04 at 2:05am

When are you going, Jason? Good luck getting your tickets! I'm in the same boat as you (poor college kid). And I've got to deal with the Canadian dollar to boot! re:  Discount Broadway tix

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

Type_A_Tiff
#7re: re: Discount Broadway tix
Posted: 4/12/04 at 2:09am

Hey Etoile, I'm checking out that Frugal site you mentioned and got the link to the entertainment-link site. I'm sort of confused (or just plain dense). Is that grid representing the shows that were on the TKTS board for the last 7 days? That would be really useful! I didn't realize that sometimes the middle of the week would have less shows at TKTS than the weekends!

MusicalComedyMan
#8re: re: re: Discount Broadway tix
Posted: 4/12/04 at 5:06am

theatremania.com is also a great place to get discounts!!!

Videos