pixeltracker

Broadway Numbers - Recent Tony Winners Slipping!

Broadway Numbers - Recent Tony Winners Slipping!

Alvin and My Sheepdog Rex Profile Photo
Alvin and My Sheepdog Rex
#0Broadway Numbers - Recent Tony Winners Slipping!
Posted: 6/3/03 at 6:48pm

For the week ending June 1, most shows seemed to take a hit in attendance. Two drops that seem notable are that 2002 Tony winner Thoroughly Modern Millie has slipped from the Top Ten for Gross sales and for the first time. Also, 2001 Tony winner, The Producers, slipped to the #4 position in Gross sales. I don't recall The Producers not being in the top three before. Very few increases, although The Lion King, still $1 million plus remains at the top of the food chain.

Check attached link below:
Broadway Grosses - Long Days

My perfect day would begin at on the beach in Hana, Maui and end at a Broadway Musical.
Updated On: 6/3/03 at 06:48 PM

Eleven Profile Photo
Eleven
#1re: Broadway Numbers - Recent Tony Winners Slipping!
Posted: 6/3/03 at 7:15pm

The Producers slipping! Say it ain't so!!

#2re: re: Broadway Numbers - Recent Tony Winners Slipping!
Posted: 6/3/03 at 8:18pm

I'm not sure if The Producers numbers from last week included or excluded the charity performance they did for the Actors Fund last Sunday, 6/1. If not, maybe that could have changed their final total and ranking for the week. Let's wait and see how Max & Leo do this week.

My perfect day would begin at on the beach in Hana, Maui and end at a Broadway Musical.

#3re: Broadway Numbers - Recent Tony Winners Slipping!
Posted: 6/3/03 at 9:30pm

I have to believe that "Say Goodnight Gracie" deserves better than this, $91,000 and 48 % attendance.

#4Not to Worry!
Posted: 6/3/03 at 9:52pm

The week after Memorial Day and just prior to Tony's is usually slow. Most of the shows are down. They'll not only pick up Tony week, but climb and hold their own during summer.

Ya just need to look in the crystal ball.....or follow the past years patterns.

Cheers!

Deannaizme Profile Photo
Deannaizme
#5re: re: Broadway Numbers - Recent Tony Winners Slipping!
Posted: 6/3/03 at 11:36pm

La Boheme deserves better too. I would have thought that it would be doing much better than it is.

~D

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#6re: re: re: Broadway Numbers - Recent Tony Winners Slipping!
Posted: 6/4/03 at 12:13pm

And I just saw a commercial last night for the Producers, and they called it Broadway's number one musical. HMMM, that's sort of false advertising.

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

#7re: The Producers TV Ads
Posted: 6/4/03 at 12:58pm

I agree, but a commercial saying "We're the #4 show on Broadway" probably wouldn't be that effective.

Videos