News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Eleven

Eleven Profile Photo
Member Name: Eleven
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Auction of a 1000 Stars hosted by Bebe Neuwirth
 Jul 23 2003, 02:08:34 PM
Looking for a very unique Broadway experience? How about Harvey Fierstein recording your answering/voicemail message, or appearing in the cast of Phantom of the Opera, Rent, or Mamma Mia. These are just four of many auction opportinities that are included in The Actor's Fund - Auction of 1000 Stars 2003 - chaired by Bebe Neuwirth and located on Yahoo Auctions. The current highest priced item is joining the cast of Phantom at $8,888,000+.

Check it out or even participate if you have the me

Discount Code for The Producers in L.A.
 Jul 21 2003, 11:17:58 PM
I have noticed on Ticketmaster that an extra discount is offered for some performances of The Producers in Los Angeles, but only if you provide a Discount Code. Does anyone happen to know this Discount Code? Or could you suggest any way of obtaining this information.
re: The Producers - Yes, it does matter who plays Max & Leo!
 Jul 17 2003, 11:03:04 PM
While I do believe that Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick are the "Gold Standard" for Bialystock's and Bloom's, I do believe that consideration should be given to the team that was on Broadway until May. Namely, Brad Oscar and Roger Bart while not marquee names they were excellent as Max and Leo, and their acting skills complimented each other very well. I believe the Broadway show was doing very well under their watch.
re: The Producers - soft box office
 Jul 11 2003, 05:11:07 AM
With Lewis Standlen who is "miscast" in the lead role of Max Bialystock, I'm surprised The Producers on Broadway numbers have remained as high as they have through June. When Standlen & Stephenson were doing The Producers national tour, patrons were never paying above $65 for a top seat. But now on Broadway, the producers of The Producers are asking theatergoers to pay $100 a seat to see the "3rd String Team". Either change the Broadway leads or start picking up your tickets for The Producers on
re: What might Pumbaa say if he were happy?
 Jun 21 2003, 01:40:04 AM
The definition of MIDDEN is a dunghill or refuse heap. So if you used it in the context of seeing a terrible show you could say it was "a MIDDEN of a theatrical event" and very few would take offense since most wouldn't have a clue what you mean.
re: Matthew Perry
 Jun 11 2003, 09:30:59 AM
If he could sing and dance Matthew would make a great Leo Bloom in The Producers.
re: Broadway Numbers - Recent Tony Winners Slipping!
 Jun 3 2003, 07:15:06 PM
The Producers slipping! Say it ain't so!!
re: Star Gazing in Hollywood
 May 30 2003, 03:43:43 PM
Red Buttons is alive? I really thought he was no longer with us.
Greetings from Rio
 May 27 2003, 01:46:51 AM
From The Producers, this is the "Greetings from Rio" postcard Leopold Bloom sent to Max Bialystock who was in jail. The back of the postcard reads as follows:

"Dear Max,

Rio is everything you said it was and more. Ulla and I think of you every chance we get. In the morning, when we have breakfast on our terrace, many different herrings. And in the evening, when we samba together in the moon-light. Sorry, must run, Ulla's waiting, it's almost eleven.

Wish you were here,
Le

Oops!
 May 27 2003, 01:35:41 AM

What web site?
 May 23 2003, 01:55:01 AM
Alvin, Where did you see that CD on the web?
Star Gazing Tip
 May 21 2003, 02:05:03 PM
If on opening night during the performance you happen to see someone famous in the audience, DO NOT, I repeat, Do not stand up, point, and yell:

"Hey look it's Anne Bancroft."

This would be frowned upon!

Young Frankenstein the Musical
 May 16 2003, 09:21:57 PM
A brilliant extraordinarily smart idea!
Broadway.com Refugee
 May 13 2003, 04:35:09 PM
Yeah, when Broadway.com went down, I came over here and signed up. Perhaps it will help the growth on this new Board. It is especially disheartening when so many Threads & Posts were lost on Broadway.com as was the case last week.

How much info. will disapear this time?

Oh well, I look forward to exploring this Broadwayworld.com and its features.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You