Hairspray National Touring cast

starcatcher2950 Profile Photo
starcatcher2950
#0Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/16/04 at 8:23pm

I just want to say that I saw the show in San Francisco and it was wonderful. I saw one of Tracey's understudys perform and she was so cute. I think there's someone on here from the cast of Hairspray and I just want to congradulate you on a great run so far!

basketcase
#1re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/16/04 at 8:37pm

I saw the tour last week in San Francisco. Katrina Rose Dideriksen was on as Tracy and she was fabulous, as was the Link understudy that I saw, Michael Cunio.

Broadway Pixie
#2re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/18/04 at 12:34pm

I am so proud of Katy! She graduated from my high school three years ago and she came back to sing for us before she went off to start rehearsals for the tour. I wish I could go see her. She is a wonderful performer.

"I'm gonna be someone! Hey world! Look out! It's Evelyn..."

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#3re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/18/04 at 12:54pm

I am hoping Sue Cella is still with the show when it comes to LA.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

JimVukovich Profile Photo
JimVukovich
#4re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/18/04 at 2:46pm

Sue Cella will definitely be with the show in Los angeles.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#5re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/18/04 at 2:50pm

The show could not be in a more gorgeous theatre. The Pantages leaves me breathless.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

JimVukovich
#6re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/18/04 at 2:53pm

Phantom - You're kidding right?

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#7re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/18/04 at 3:02pm

I think it's a beautiful theatre, how about you?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

JimVukovich
#8re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/18/04 at 9:30pm

I'm not crazy about The Pantages or the neighborhood it lives in.

BwayTheatre11
#9re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/18/04 at 9:45pm

You are in SF right now, right?

CCM '10!

#10re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/18/04 at 9:49pm

dont make me nervous about coming out there!!!!!!!!

BwayTheatre11
#11re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/18/04 at 9:50pm

Gotta be fast with the wheels, Mistress. re: Hairspray National Touring cast

CCM '10!

JimVukovich
#12re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/18/04 at 10:01pm

Yes, we're in SF now.

Mistress - Don't worry about the neighborhood in LA. Your hotel is in a decent neighborhood and it's attached to the Kodak Theatre. Compared to where we are in SF, The Pantages might as well be in Beverly Hills.

#13re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/18/04 at 10:07pm

my hotel description said it was a block from the Kodak theatre... ?

JimVukovich
#14re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/18/04 at 10:08pm

It's less than a block. You'll be in great hands. Do not worry. I have to get to the theatre.

#15re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/18/04 at 10:12pm

I think you might be thinking of the Renaissance Hotel, which I had read was attached to the Kodak Theatre? Im staying at the Holiday Inn Hollywood Walk of Fame. But I do think theyre near each other...

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#16re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/18/04 at 10:56pm

Oh, so is that where we're staying? I was hoping we'd bunk with Matty Fresh. Did you guys have a fight again??

#17re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/18/04 at 11:09pm

Sigh. I cant 'bunk' with Matty Fresh. The thought never even crossed my mind.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#18re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/19/04 at 2:23am

Jim;
Have you been in the Pantages since Disney remodeled it? It is truly beautiful. Still too big of a house.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

JimVukovich
#19re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/19/04 at 3:22pm

Actually I gotta admit after being on tour this long and after working in so many theatres this year, I have a new found love for The Pantages. It really is an enormously beautiful theatre. Dame, you are right. It's a much nicer place since Disney went in with Lion King. I eat my words.

Mistress - The H.I. that you are staying at is literally a stones throw from the Kodak. It is right next door. Years ago I used to have a rock band. In the early 80's we used to play in the revolving club at the top of that hotel. I haven't been inside that place in years. I know that they completely gutted it and remodeled. If they still have the revolving restaurant at the top, let me take you to dinner there when you're in L.A. We can gossip about Shaiman, Phantom and Matty Fresh.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#20re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/19/04 at 5:49pm

Mistress- I think you should try and get us into the Regent Beverly Wilshire so I don't have to walk too far to the Burberry store. See if you can pull a few strings. Thanks.

ilovemattyfresh2
#21re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/19/04 at 6:23pm

Marissa Jaret Winokur and Matthew Morrison are doing the LA shows, right?

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#22re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/19/04 at 6:24pm

That's the word on the street.

#23re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/19/04 at 6:52pm

Dinner sounds great! re: Hairspray National Touring cast

JimVukovich
#24re: Hairspray National Touring cast
Posted: 6/20/04 at 2:37am

Favorite food? I hate mushrooms and olives.

Videos