Barrowman Sings too

nancipants
#0Barrowman Sings too
Posted: 6/19/04 at 5:42pm

JOHN BARROWMAN SWINGS COLE PORTER

CASTCD 91 (50 14636 2091 2 1)
Release date June 21, 2004

FIRST NIGHT RECORDS are pleased to announce an album of Cole Porter standards by JOHN BARROWMAN.

JOHN BARROWMAN SWINGS COLE PORTER features fourteen brand new recordings with sparkling new arrangements by LARRY BLANK.

JOHN BARROWMAN is currently starring in the smash hit production of Cole Porter’s ANYTHING GOES at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, London. The recording of ANYTHING GOES was released by First Night Records last year.

John has appeared in Sunset Boulevard with Betty Buckley on Broadway and in London, as Chris In Miss Saigon and Raoul in Phantom of the Opera in London and received an Olivier Award nomination for The Fix at the Donmar Warehouse.

John has a starring role in the brand new movie DELOVELY, released in the USA by United Artists on June 25. The film is an original musical portrait of Cole Porter starring Kevin Kline and Ashley Judd as well as a host of contemporary musical talent including Elvis Costello, Sheryl Crow, Alannis Morissette, Mick Hucknall & Robbie Williams. It will receive a screening at the Cannes Film Festival on May 22.

JOHN BARROWMAN SWINGS COLE PORTER – TRACK LISTING

1. Just One Of Those Things
2. What Is This Thing Called Love
3. In The Still Of The Night
4. I Happen To Like New York
5. Anything Goes
6. After You, Who?
7. Ca C’Est L’Amour
8. Don’t Fence Me In
9. Miss Otis Regrets
10. Do I Love You
11. You’d Be So Nice To Come Home To
12. Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye
13. It’s Alright With Me
14. Easy To Love (bonus track from ANYTHING GOES 2003 cast recording)

jo
#1re: Barrowman Sings too
Posted: 6/19/04 at 10:07pm

I saw John in London in SUNSET BOULEVARD, with Betty Buckley and later on with Elaine Paige. Also, I have his album REFLECTIONS FROM BROADWAY. He also sings on the Cameron Mackintosh tribute HEY MR PRODUCER (great DVD/video - many Broadway and West End stars, from Bernadette Peters, Maria Friendman, Colm Wilkinson, Michael Ball, Lea Salonga, Ruthie Henshall, Judi Dench, and even a different-looking Curly with Hugh Jackman). And from way back, I have a single from his ill-fated musical MATADOR ( whose musical claim to fame is the Tom Jones solo A BOY FROM NOWHERE, revived in recent years by Michael Ball in his concerts and his CENTRE STAGE album). He sings "I Was Born to Be Me" and "I'll Dress You in Mourning".

Updated On: 6/19/04 at 10:07 PM

#2re: Barrowman Sings too
Posted: 6/20/04 at 12:56am

I'll be reviewing his Cole Porter cd soon for bww.com.

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#3re: Barrowman Sings too
Posted: 6/20/04 at 1:49am

I saw John in Putting it Together and his Marry Me a Little made me cry. I also have the Reflections CD and listen to it all the time. I can't wait for this one to come out.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

Broadway Matt Profile Photo
Broadway Matt
#4re: Barrowman Sings too
Posted: 6/20/04 at 3:01am

his performance in THE FIX is incredible! no one that good looking should be so talented. and i'm straight!

"The last train out of any station will not be full of nice guys." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"I wash my face, then drink beer, then I weep. Say a prayer and induce insincere self-abuse, till I'm fast asleep"- In Trousers

NYLG Profile Photo
NYLG
#5re: Barrowman Sings too
Posted: 6/22/04 at 10:38am

JOHN BARROWMAN SWINGS COLE PORTER

This cd is one of the best cds to be released in a very long time. John Barrowman is at his best. The arrangements and orchestrations are incredible.

If you'd have been there...If you'd have seen it...I betcha you would have done the same! - CHICAGO

George67 Profile Photo
George67
#6re: Barrowman Sings too
Posted: 6/23/04 at 5:27pm

You can order JB SWINGS CP from Dress Circle in London..if you get your order in prior to THIS Satuday June 26th...He will autograph it (as he's doing an instore signing there on the 26th) its also avail direct from First Night Records or amazon.co.uk. The US amazon.com hasn't picked it up yet..but I'm sure they will shortly.

For more details please visit www.BarrowmanOnline.com
John's Official Website

webmaster for www.JohnBarrowman.com (the official site)

margaretdb Profile Photo
margaretdb
#7re: Barrowman Sings too
Posted: 6/28/04 at 4:49am

You can also order John's CD from www.cdcollector.com.au if you live in Australia. (they will post overseas too)
I ordered it last week and should get it early next week. (Of course we have to wait for it to come to Australia before they can post)
I aam really looking forward to it arriving (and also seeing John for the first time live in August in London)

Videos