pixeltracker

anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??

anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??

#0anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 4:02pm

Anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??

It could star John Barrowman as Michael, and Laura Bell Bundy as Stepahnie....

Any other cast suggestions??

CJR
#1re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 4:05pm

Oh. God. No. lol

That was bad enough as a movie, let alone a Broadway show? Cripes. If that happens, I shall crawl under a rock and hide... hide I tell ya! lol

I want a coo-ooo-oool rider... a coo-ooo-oool rider. If he's cool enough he can burn me through and through... whoa ooh ooh oh ooooh

Dammit! re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

#2re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 4:10pm

well corny as it may be it's still alot of fun, and if they can do shows footloose, Batboy, Debbie Does Dallas and urban cowboy, Why not Grease 2??

MisterRussell Profile Photo
MisterRussell
#3re: re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 4:16pm

With the exception of Batboy, I suppose the pertinent question is should they have made musicals of all those others?

I have no problem with a musical being an adaptation. Most of the greats have had some sort of life in another form prior to the musical stage.

And I love original shows!

But to pick a property simply because of it's built-in name, and the smaller amount of effort it will take to promote it, especially a tired and in-its-own-way exploitative pice of dung like GREASE 2 is simply stupid. And lazy.

And Rob, I'm embarrasses on your behalf that A) you know the lead character's names, and B) wasted the time to try to cast these roles with a "dream" cast. Updated On: 6/11/03 at 04:16 PM

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#4re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 4:20pm

No, no a thousand times no.

A story that no one cares about.
Bad writing. Silly songs.

Ever wonder why Michelle Piefer never mentions the movie?

A real stinker...

CJR
#5re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 4:25pm

I couldn't agree more, Albin

#6re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 4:26pm

hmmm? why do you guys hate it so much? what's soooo bad about it, that's not as bad as footloose? just enquiring. I mean don't get me wrong, my fav shows are les mis and saigon, so i KNOW theatre, i grew up with Grease 2 though, and it has cathy songs, and great energy, what makes it so different from footloose or Fame??

CJR
#7re: re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 4:30pm

I just found grease 2 to be terribly campy. I mean their heart was in the right place in making the attempt... but having frenchie come back to graduate hs, and having stephanie with that big ass stick up her ass.. it was just all so "blah -- that NEVER happens". I never understood the appeal of Grease 2

But yet, in an odd sort of way, I like ACL the movie (just because Vicki Frederick is sheila!)

#8re: re: re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 4:41pm

yah i understand, ACL movie was ok, can't stand the scenes with cassie, even though she wasn't bad. i always liked grease2. see, for the musical frenchy doesn't need to be there. Cuz if u think about it she's not at the lua at the end. Where is she?? after the talent show where you hear her voice "What's wrong with stephanie" you don't see her anymore.

So drop frenchy, then what would be so bad, i mean CJR you saw Albertine a million times, even though you couldn't stand it, lol

CJR
#9re: re: re: re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 4:47pm

Actually, I only saw Albertine twice... the first time was the second preview and the next time was right before it closed. I was hoping it had gotten better, but alas it had not. It *did* get more entertaining, but that could have been due to the fact that I had Michele there laughing hysterically at everything that night.

I re-state, I only saw Albertine because of DL.. I never would have seen it if she wasn't in it re: re: re: re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??

CJR
#11re: re: re: re: re: re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 4:49pm

Donna Lynne Champlin

Sorry, I call her DL re: re: re: re: re: re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??

Alvin and My Sheepdog Rex Profile Photo
Alvin and My Sheepdog Rex
#12re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 5:07pm

Grease 2 would be a FLOP of historic proportions.

My perfect day would begin at on the beach in Hana, Maui and end at a Broadway Musical.

bestofbroadway
#13re: re: re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 5:18pm

Exactly MrRussel. Footloose was horrible as has every other movie turned musical (with the exception of maybe Millie.) The first Grease isn't any good, why make a second. I've said it before and I'll say it again...TRY SOMETHING NEW!! Updated On: 6/11/03 at 05:18 PM

#14re: re: re: re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 5:37pm

okok i get the picture, everyone hates grease 2, lol. geez, it couldn't be worse than urban cowboy...

Alvin and My Sheepdog Rex Profile Photo
Alvin and My Sheepdog Rex
#15re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 5:41pm

Sure it could be worse!

My perfect day would begin at on the beach in Hana, Maui and end at a Broadway Musical.

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#17re: re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 6:14pm

You do know, don't you that Paramount is planning on making "Grease 3." The story is set in the 70's and it is about the children of the original Greasers...

#18re: re: re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 6:18pm

it's funny, cuz i think that idea is BLAAAAHH.

weird i know re: re: re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??

ShineOn
#19re: re: re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 6:36pm

No doubt Grease 3 will star Britney Spears.

And not every movie turned musical is bad... The Full Monty kicks butt.

"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin

CJR
#20re: re: re: re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 6:51pm

This is very true -- not ever movie musical turns bad.. I am quite fond of the Full Monty.... as well as Annie, Bells Are Ringing, Gypsy (yes, even *I* like the movie of Gypsy)... and Chicago turned out quite nicely as well. re: re: re: re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??

#21gypsy
Posted: 6/11/03 at 6:56pm

gypsy with bette or rosalind?

SisterMaryOnette Profile Photo
SisterMaryOnette
#22re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 10:10pm

Ever wonder why Michelle Piefer never mentions the movie

Now there's a thought...A Musical version of Dangerous Liasons!
And.....Glenn Close CAN cing!

SisterMaryOnette Profile Photo
SisterMaryOnette
#23re: re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 10:11pm

er, um.....eh....she can sing, too!

ShineOn
#24re: re: re: re: anyone else think they should make a musical GREASE 2??
Posted: 6/11/03 at 10:32pm

I don't know if FM counts though, because the movie itself wasn't a musical.... regardless, the musical rocks.

"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin

Videos