christy carlson romano

BroadwayMonkey Profile Photo
BroadwayMonkey
#25re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/21/04 at 2:08pm

Apparently, she's been having quite a lot of off days, the poor darling.

Real men are tenors.

ponine24601
#26re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/21/04 at 4:05pm

*prays i get to see the understudy*

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

broadwayguy2
#27re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/21/04 at 4:29pm

Romano IS an "off" day.

Once again, PRAY for Jennifer Hope Wills.

ponine24601
#28re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/21/04 at 4:30pm

i really hope that i can see the understudy. we're going on a saturday night so i doubt that that will happen.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

MusicPos2 Profile Photo
MusicPos2
#29re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/21/04 at 4:31pm

It's always sad when you're praying to see an understudy. It's one thing to like an understudy better, but when it's because the lead is so bad...

ponine24601
#30re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/21/04 at 4:33pm

well one of my three friends saw the OBC so i don't want any of them to be disappointed. it's my first time seeing the show too.

MusicPos2 Profile Photo
MusicPos2
#31re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/21/04 at 4:34pm

While she might be bad, I don't think anyone can truly ruin the show. There's too much else in it. You'll have a great time.

broadwayguy2
#32re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/21/04 at 4:35pm

aisee from Romano, if they only saw the show at teh Palace, they will be in for a shock. The version at the Lunt is nothing compared to the version I saw at the Palace.

ponine24601
#33re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/21/04 at 4:37pm

o well. there's really nothing that i can do about it. i just have to hope that she has a good day that night.

BroadwayMonkey
#34re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/21/04 at 7:01pm

Even if Romano is there, you shall be instantly bedazzled by the set. I literally gasped at the castle. But I am a rabid set-freak, so....

Real men are tenors.

ponine24601
#35re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/21/04 at 7:28pm

i'm sure that i will enjoy the rest of the cast. who knows christy might be good that day.

Michelleruth2 Profile Photo
Michelleruth2
#36re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/21/04 at 7:35pm

There is a great cast! Steve (Beast), David de Vries (Lumiere) and Jeff Brooks (Cogswell) all shine! Enjoy!

ponine24601
#37re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/21/04 at 9:41pm

i'm most excited to see steve as the beast. i saw a few clips of him in the show on his official website, and he is soo great. i heard great things about david as well.

BroadwayMonkey
#38re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/21/04 at 11:19pm

He's totally hilarious. You'll enjoy it. And he has a lovely voice.

Real men are tenors.

dreamer32811
#39re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/21/04 at 11:40pm

Broadwayguy, where did you find the press clips of her? I REALLY want to hear her! It's almost hard to believe she's as bad as everyone says

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#40re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/21/04 at 11:44pm

theres a brief clip of her on disneyonbroadway.com- she doesn't seem that bad but it may be the only 4 seconds that was decent

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#41re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/21/04 at 11:50pm

Ooh... just from that clip I am repulsed. Sorry for being harsh, but really, get a star with a good voice.

#42re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/21/04 at 11:50pm

Does it really matter? They will just cast someone else who is completely incompetent as well. It's not about talent, it's about money. General audience members have no idea what talent is, they just know "celebrity", and they are the people paying big bucks to see incompetence. Wake up kids. Welcome to show biz :)

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#43re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/22/04 at 12:02am

just remember.... it could be worse she's better than melanie certainly (diff show but still)

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

#44re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/22/04 at 3:56am

I too saw beauty and the beast and I was expecting so much more from Christy. Shame too, because she is pretty good compared to most of the stars on the disney channel, but a broadway star? I think she should stick to tv things. That and i was absolutely dissapointed by all the little kids there. I mean, of course there's going to be children, but that was a little too much for me, i felt like i was in a nursery. I too thought that Christy was having an off day until i began reading the same stuff over and over in other people's reviews. And the age difference between her and the beast wierded me out....lol. Anyways, i hope you either catch her on a good day or you get to see her understudy. Either way, being able to see any show on broadway is a blessing itself.

judy_in_disguise
#45re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/22/04 at 9:36am

are you serious BatBoy?
she RUINS Mary Phagan!! Granted I've only heard the recording, but I couldn't stand her parts!

ponine24601
#46re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/22/04 at 11:02am

i'm gonna listen to hear on the radio in bryant park today, so i get to hear her for myself.

Michelleruth2 Profile Photo
Michelleruth2
#47re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/22/04 at 2:41pm

Ponine,

You will love Steve as the Beast.

(btw, that is David de Vries "Lumiere" and me backstage in my icon)

BroadwayMonkey
#48re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/22/04 at 4:14pm

All I can say is: At least it isn't H*l*ry D*ff. I would have shot myself in the foot.

Real men are tenors.

chauvelin128 Profile Photo
chauvelin128
#49re: christy carlson romano
Posted: 7/22/04 at 4:22pm

Can someone who went to Broadway in Bryant Park tell us how Christy was today? I saw her in the show awhile back- she was so awful I felt compelled to write a post all about it. There is just something so...off about her, not in the role specifically, but just as a stage performer in general. Anyway, a couple of my friends saw her in in Broadway Under the Stars and confirmed that she was just as weak in that. Oh well...at least her run is limited.