News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for chauvelin128

chauvelin128 Profile Photo
Member Name: chauvelin128
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Wizard of Oz
 Nov 30 2004, 02:01:38 PM
Why not? Can't you just imagine the bunruku puppet munchkins?
re: Wizard of Oz
 Nov 30 2004, 01:51:54 PM
I think Wizard of Oz would be a great project for Julie Taymor.
re: PIPPIN
 Nov 30 2004, 01:49:05 PM
What a fun concert to watch...it was so good to see everyone having a good time. Here are the things that especially stood out to me: JULIA MURNEY. She is just fantastic. Very funny, and what a voice! DARIUS DE HAAS. Again, what a voice...even though toward the end of "Simple Joys" we started crossing the very fine line between riffing and completely rewriting melody, but he sounded so great I doubt even the composer would have argued with him. JOHN TARTAGLIA. Such a talented and funny actor, a
re: how can i write to jrb?
 Oct 14 2004, 02:21:47 PM
The piano solo in Movin' Too Fast is improvised. In the original score the only thing written out are the names of the chords.
re: Highlighting Lines
 Sep 26 2004, 05:34:06 PM
I always do...it helps me when I still have book in hand to find my line quickly and get my face back in the air so I can stay aware of what's going on around me.
re: Brooke is Belle
 Sep 23 2004, 11:00:09 AM
Wow...she is absolutely gorgeous as Belle...
re: Eden Espinosa...I don't get it
 Sep 14 2004, 09:25:03 PM
Aww...I know, I know...I was actually there for it, but my friend is in Hairspray (the crazy boy in the khaki capris), so I'd love to have a copy of it...
re: Eden Espinosa...I don't get it
 Sep 14 2004, 09:20:39 PM
I would be hella grateful to anyone who taped this and could send me a copy (I'd pay for postage and tape, of course)...I live in the Philadelphia area, and they didn't air it down here.
PM me if you can help me out...
Thanks guys!

re: Broadway on Broadway...who's going?
 Sep 10 2004, 04:07:20 PM
I am going as well. 6:30 AM? I don't know how I feel about that...
Leo, maybe we can just go later, and I can sit on your shoulders and tell you what I see!

re: 'Musical Secrets' in Wicked
 Sep 3 2004, 02:27:10 PM
Good point Al...it does become annoying for some (like us), to read inane postings about Idina's latest zit, but on some level, I think hey, at least people are showing some passion about theatre...and I think the purpose of any kind of art is to arouse some sort of passionate feelings...

and glitzguy....LOL

Sep 3 2004, 02:14:03 PM
Because of the nature of theatre as a tool for artistic expression, it is impossible to say something is "better" or "worse" than anything else. To brand something as "fluff" and comapare it to something that is generally thought of as "not fluff" is like comparing Scott Joplin's music to Bach's. Both are beautiful, well-respected and influential in their own right, while still remaining completely different and maybe even appealing to completely seperate groups of people. Jazz music is one of
 Sep 2 2004, 01:22:29 PM
The first seven notes of the "Unlimited" theme (unlimited/together [we're unlimited]...) correspond to "Somewhere/Over the rainbow..." The rhythm is altered, but the melody is the same.
re: Phantom Understudy
 Sep 2 2004, 01:14:15 PM
I'm confused by the talk of this elusive "musical-theatre style" singing...could someone describe this for me?
re: A New One---Cleverest Lyric
 Aug 31 2004, 09:30:29 AM
To begin, if I may, my Lord,
I've no wish to remind you
But you'll notice just behind you
There are ships in the bay,
They've been sitting there all day
With a letter to convey
And they haven't gone away
And there's every indication
That they're planning to stay, my Lord …

Have some tea, my Lord,
Some chrysthanthemum tea.
It's an herb that's superb
For disturbances at sea.

Is the Shogun feeling better?
Good! Now what

re: BEST COSTUMES/SCENERY/LIGHTING you've seen in a show.
 Aug 30 2004, 02:08:30 PM
The lighting in Movin' Out is terrific. Also loved the scenic design in Caroline or Change.
re: Broadway Newbies
 Aug 30 2004, 01:54:21 PM
Shoshana Bean. One of my favorites. She's currently in Hairspray, finishing her CD and joining Wicked as Idina's standby.

Also very talented is Michael Longoria, also from Hairspray...watch for him as a singer-songwriter. The boy has some serious talent in that arena.

Christy Carlson Romano
 Aug 30 2004, 01:40:37 PM
Broadway on Broadway is not meant to attract regular Broadway theatre-goers. They already know Broadway is there and what shows there are to see. While a large number of the people in attendance at Broadway on Broadway WILL be regular theatre-goers, I think the event is mainly designed to market Broadway as a source of entertainment to a broader audience. Utilizing the names of Wayne Brady and Christy Romano is much more effective for this purpose then using people who are known, however well
Christy Carlson Romano
 Aug 30 2004, 12:08:13 PM
Here are my two or three cents...I saw Christy in the role a couple months ago, and I will say objectively and with confidence, unfortunately, that her performance was extremely sub-standard in comparison to the multitude of other Broadway actresses who handle much more difficult roles 8 nights a week. In her defense, she is only 19, and whoever talked about her voice still having time to mature is absolutely right.

About arguments like "why would the producers keep her in the show i

re: Metamorphosis - Franz Kafka - Stage Play
 Aug 24 2004, 01:49:05 PM
The show that played in Circle in the Square was called "Metamorphoses," which is the plural of "Metamorphosis," the title of Kafka's book about the bug-man.

Just a little clarification. :)

re: Billy Porter - anyone else a fan?
 Aug 19 2004, 02:06:09 PM
I love Billy. He is a brilliant performer and a beautiful person. And P.S. THANKS for that link. I had no idea he played this part, so I listened to Gethsemane with doubts. At first, it didn't sound like him...but then he started screaming the **** out of it, and it is clearly him. What an awesome link!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You