Eden still there?

Derek2
#0Eden still there?
Posted: 8/13/04 at 12:09pm

Hi, I'm going to see Wicked (aka best show on broadway) next friday. I was just wondering, Is Eden still Idina's standby, or did she leave for Brooklyn already? I just want to know that there is someone as good if not better if Idina isnt there. Also, has anyone seen Cristy Cates perform as Elphaba (Idina's understudy). How is she? Thank you

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#1re: Eden still there?
Posted: 8/13/04 at 12:19pm

She is still listed on the Wicked website as the standby for Elphaba.

Just give the world Love.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#2re: Eden still there?
Posted: 8/13/04 at 12:20pm

She is still listed on the Wicked website as the standby for Elphaba.

Derek2
#3re: Eden still there?
Posted: 8/13/04 at 12:23pm

Thank you :)

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#4re: Eden still there?
Posted: 8/13/04 at 12:24pm

Most welcome. Have you seen the show yet?

WiCkEd4LyFfE
#5re: Eden still there?
Posted: 8/13/04 at 12:25pm

She is so amazing! I can't wait to see Brooklyn!

*Kristen*

Derek2
#6re: Eden still there?
Posted: 8/13/04 at 12:26pm

Hi, yes I have. Back in January though. This time I'm taking the whole family lol. I thought it was amazing...no beyond amazing. I can't wait to see Jennifers take on Glinda

Derek2
#7re: Eden still there?
Posted: 8/13/04 at 12:27pm

Yeah I know, I've heard so many great things about her. I think I'm gonna try to get tix for Brooklyn too. Sounds like a great show

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#8re: Eden still there?
Posted: 8/13/04 at 12:28pm

See Eden Espinoza in Brooklyn. It premiered here in Denver about a year ago. Great music. I am supposed to fly in to see it this fall.

JC14
#9re: Eden still there?
Posted: 8/13/04 at 12:29pm

Eden's in till the end of August, at which point Shoshana Bean takes over for her. Megan Hilty's the new standby for Glinda...she graduated from CMU this past year I believe.

Derek2
#10re: Eden still there?
Posted: 8/13/04 at 12:31pm

Wow, thank you so much for all the info. Now I'm getting really excited to see it again lol.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#11re: Eden still there?
Posted: 8/13/04 at 12:35pm

I saw it in April. Was lucky enough to have the director's seats. I enjoyed it. For me, the book was a bit disjointed but it was fabulous to look at and I am in love with the music. It is a crime that if Tsori didn't win for score, Stephen Schwartz should have. Not really into the Avenue Q score.

Derek2
#12re: Eden still there?
Posted: 8/13/04 at 12:37pm

Also (I hate to be a pain) but, has anyone sat in the rear orchestra? Anywhere near row V. I've heard some good things and some bad things. If you could tell me your opinions on those seats it would be greatly appreciated!

Derek2
#13re: Eden still there?
Posted: 8/13/04 at 12:39pm

Yeah...I'm not against Ave Q (like some people are totally against Wicked) I just think Wicked has a better score as well

maatmoon Profile Photo
maatmoon
#14re: Eden still there?
Posted: 8/13/04 at 7:02pm

Although I didn't see Kristin, Jennifer was an incredible Glinda. It was an awfully big bubble to fill but she pulled it off. There were a couple of moments where she had Idina laughing so hard, she had to struggle to recover. She was my aunt's favorite part of Wicked. She was also really sweet and gracious when I met her before her 8/6 show.

JC14
#15re: Eden still there?
Posted: 8/13/04 at 7:05pm

I sat Row X on Wednesday...I'm glad Z100 gave me amazing seats (note the sarcasm). The seats are fine, it's just a very different show from the back of the house. You can see everything just fine, to me the sound seemed a bit low, but maybe that's just my taste. But yeah, view's great you don't miss anything and you get a fuller picture of the action.

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#16re: Eden still there?
Posted: 8/13/04 at 7:05pm

J-La was amazing. No ifs, ands, or buts. She was stunning.

I didn't know that Shoshana Bean had been cast. Her Elphaba will be killer.

LesMizazz Profile Photo
LesMizazz
#17re: Eden still there?
Posted: 8/13/04 at 10:41pm

I had seen Shoshana and Laura Bell walking near Wicked a few weeks ago and it made me think that Shoshana would make a great Elphaba...guess its going to happen! (well, standby at least)

"And suddenly I'm flying flying like a bird, like electricity, electricity, sparks inside of me, and I'm free, I'm free" -Billy Elliot

Videos