Bat Boy Alumni?

LuvUrBatBoy Profile Photo
LuvUrBatBoy
#0Bat Boy Alumni?
Posted: 8/26/04 at 1:28am

Any board members been in a production of Bat Boy? Just curious. I just finished a production this summer where I played Rick and Lorraine. (ps, I made a very lovely lady, lol)

Also, if anyone is aware of any upcoming productions of Bat Boy, especially on the East coast, let me know. I'd love to see them.

Pics from my production can be found at the link below (under the press link on the site)
Bat Boy in Baltimore

Yes that's me. No, it's not a Rent homage.
Updated On: 8/26/04 at 01:28 AM

wildparty20 Profile Photo
wildparty20
#1re: Bat Boy Alumni?
Posted: 8/26/04 at 1:54am

I music directed the show last year. Had lots of fun and didn't want it to end. We sold out every night and had great audiences that were really into it. A theatre close to here did it this summer (a summer stock company) and it was so awful. They took the whole thing WAY to seriously. It was boring and not funny. Both keyboard parts were played on an accoustic piano (and not well), they started the show with half of "Hold Me Bat Boy" and then cut to the opening scene in the cave, and then finished "Hold Me Bat Boy." Oh God, it was bad. They had a huge chorus of about 15 people that stood around in the scenes in the house and handed the principles props and such. They tripled and quadrupled characters up, so fewer principle actors were playing more roles, and they were changing between the characters all the time. At first it was kind of funny, however after awhile of it happening all the time... it was old. They had horrible reviews and people got up and left at intermission.

From the evil she done Lord Set her free, Set her free, Set me free Don't let my sorrow Make evil of me

broadwayguy2
#2re: Bat Boy Alumni?
Posted: 8/26/04 at 11:18am

You probably are a pretty girl batboy!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#3re: Bat Boy Alumni?
Posted: 8/26/04 at 11:28am

UNCG is doing BAT BOY

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Broadway Pixie
#4re: Bat Boy Alumni?
Posted: 8/27/04 at 8:35am

They sure are...

"I'm gonna be someone! Hey world! Look out! It's Evelyn..."

BalletGirl85 Profile Photo
BalletGirl85
#5re: Bat Boy Alumni?
Posted: 8/27/04 at 9:22am

I am a former Maggie/Ron! They are currently doing the show at Seacoast Rep in New Hampshire, which is the east coast, but kinda far north from Baltimore.

Videos