Aida Scene Breakdown

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#0Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 3:22am

I was wondering if anyone could post a scene synopsis/breakdown of Aida for me. For example:

ACT 1
Scene 1 - Museum - "Every Story"
Scene 2 - Battleship - "Fortune Favours the Brave"
Scene 3 - The Docks

I like to have these for set design projects I do. They are usually included in the Playbill so any help would be fantastic.

Akiva

DFYINGRVTY Profile Photo
DFYINGRVTY
#1re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 4:30am

in my aida playbill i only have the songlist and who sings it...no setting ....but i can remember the setting for most of the songs ...but not all...does this even help ya?!

Citizens of Oz, there is an enemy that must be found and captured! Believe nothing she says. She's evil. Responsible for the mutilation of these poor, innocent monkeys! Her green skin is but an outward manifestation of her twisted nature! This distortion, this repulsion, this - - Wicked Witch!

Link Larkin Wanabe
#2re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 4:43am

Yes it does...I am just trying to storyboard out the show in set design so I like to coreograph the set changes. So if you can remember all the settings in the show and the order that would be amazing.

Akiva

Link Larkin Wanabe
#3re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 2:23pm

I'm just bumping this so the daytime crowd can see.

Akiva

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#4re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 2:56pm

Yup, I'm on this.

Before I type out a long-winded synopsis of everything, would seeing the script help you at all? I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

ponine24601
#5re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 3:05pm

ACT 1

Scene 1- Museum 'Every Story is a Love Story'

Scene 2- A Slave Barge 'Fortune Favors the Brave'

Scene 3- Radames' Quarters 'The Past is Another Land' 'Another Pyramid'

Scene 4- 'How I Know You'

Scene 5- The Baths 'My Strongest Suit'

Scene 6- The Pharaoh's Private Banquet Room 'Fortune Favors the Brave reprise) 'Enchantment Passing Through'

Scene 7- Amneris' Dressing Room 'My Strongest Suit (reprise)'

Scene 8- The Nubian Slave Camp 'Dance of the Robe'

Scene 9- The Nile's Edge 'Elaborate Lives'

Scene 10- The Nubian Slave Camp 'The Gods Love Nubia'

ACT 2

Scene 1- The Starscape 'A Step Too Far'

Scene 2- The Prison 'Easy as Life'

Scene 3- The War Room of the Palace 'Like Father, Like Son'

Scene 4- 'Radames' Letter' 'How I Know You (reprise)'

Scene 5- Radames' Garden 'Written in the Stars' 'I Know the Truth'

Scene 6- The Royal Wedding

Scene 7- The Docks

Scene 8- The Judgement Hall 'Elaborate Lives (reprise)'

Scene 9- The Interior of the Tomb 'Enchantment Passing Through (reprise)'

Scene 10- The Museum 'Every Story is a Love Story (reprise)'

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

luvtheEmcee
#6re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 3:10pm

Go ponine! I'm packing like a madwoman, so I wouldn't have had the time to sit down and do that until later.

ponine24601
#7re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 3:14pm

that is so sad. lol. i did that from memory. lol.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

Link Larkin Wanabe
#8re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 3:15pm

People,

Thank you SOOO much. That is SO helpful. I will try and post my set designs once I finished if anyone is interested.

Akiva

ponine24601
#9re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 3:16pm

no problem. i would love to see your set designs!

luvtheEmcee
#10re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 3:16pm

YAY!

*retreats to corner, crying*

luvtheEmcee
#12re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 3:17pm

... and I thought I was the only one who knew that stuff!

Link Larkin Wanabe
#14re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 3:20pm

I am actually pretty familiar with Bob Crowely's set, even though i have not seen the show. I have seen his storyboards and such. But I am trying to go in different directions than he did, although i have quite found that direction yet. Right now I am very interested in exploring texture. I know I want the stage floor to be that crackled desert floor pattern, but that's about it.

Akiva

ponine24601
#15re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 3:22pm

the sets for AIDA are amazing. they are my favorite sets on broadway.

Link Larkin Wanabe
#16re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 3:24pm

Yeah..Bob Crowely is one of my favourite designers. His clean lines and simplicity are so amazing. Which makes it that much harder to come up with a good, original set design for the show. I also can't wait to see what he does with Mary Poppins.

Akiva

Thoroughly Modern Cara Profile Photo
Thoroughly Modern Cara
#17re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 3:29pm

This is the libretto to the show if that helps you anymore:

http://www.libretto.musicals.ru/text.php?textid=487&language=1

Link Larkin Wanabe
#18re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 3:33pm

Thanks, that certainly does help. Man...you people are so amazing.

Akiva

ponine24601
#20re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 3:37pm

you guys must be really artistic in order to make set designs. i wish i could do that.

Link Larkin Wanabe
#21re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 3:46pm

Hah...Yay...I'm glad I inspired you to do that Shneb. It is one of the things I love to do most in the world, so now I am going to school (Ryerson University in Toronto) to learn how to do it proffesionally. I have designed TONS of musicals just for my own creative purposes. I am hoping to get a website up eventually to act as a portfolio. I would love to see what you come up with...I promise I am not the type to steal ideas.

Akiva

Link Larkin Wanabe
#22re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 5:49pm

Oh and just a quick question. Can anyone tell me about the transition from The Baths to The Wardrobe (around My Finest Suit) what is it like, and when does it happen exactly. before the song, during or whatever...Any help would be great.

Akiva

ponine24601
#23re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 5:57pm

um........ok. i'm trying to remember. crap. i don't know! all i know is that a little desk-like table comes out and you see amneris sitting there trying to brush her hair.

Link Larkin Wanabe
#24re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 6:01pm

I think you are thinking of the scene where she she sings the "Finest Suit Reprise" I am talking about the transition from the spa?baths scene to the runway/closet thing for the first version of Finest Suit.

Akiva

ponine24601
#25re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 6:08pm

o0o0o. i'm sorry! well there isn't really much of a transition there. h/o i have a video of it. pm me.

Link Larkin Wanabe
#26re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 6:12pm

For some reason on this computor I can only send PM's but i can't even read mine. So if you could post it on this thread that would be great.

Akiva

ponine24601
#27re: Aida Scene Breakdown
Posted: 8/27/04 at 6:14pm

hm...i don't have a link, but i can send it through AIM. i just don't like to post my sn in public for safety reasons.

Videos