Oz BS

IssaMe
#0Oz BS
Posted: 8/19/03 at 10:27am

Don't think it was here - think it was over at ATC...Piglet found out that the reason row BB of The Boy from Oz was suddenly removed and the seats there for all performances redistributed was due to "lighting glare" from the stage hitting that one row badly.

Huh? Well, that's what she was told. Nice story.

How about the real reason from the producers also somehow involving the shift of the musicians from the rear of the stage to the regular pit to have a better sound - hence causing some reconfiguration and the removal of one row of seats..

They didn't want the seating to begin with BB instead of AA...so they took out the previous AA... and renamed BB as AA thus eliminating one row. It looks like BB is gone - but in name only, physically the removed row is AA.

The rows are now to run AA ("the row formerly known as BB"), A, B, C, etc.

Forget about the lighting thing.

I was supposed to be at rehearsal this week (so I could check it out) but still out of the country indefinitely. They start teching in the theater next week...and Jackie Mason's new vaudeville type musical show rehearsals move into Oz's current rehearsal space.

Updated On: 8/19/03 at 10:27 AM

Paulie
#1re: Oz BS
Posted: 8/19/03 at 1:16pm

How are you (IssaMe) and Piglet associated with the show? I know a few people working on the show, but don't want to drop names on the public board.

IssaMe
#2re: re: More on Boy from Oz BS
Posted: 8/20/03 at 6:46am

Obviously, nobody over at ATC is reading this site - including Piglet at this point.... because they just keep asking the same thing over and over about the missing row.

It is fully explained (if somewhat convolutedly) above. Maybe somebody should go tell them. I can't - because of my position in the business, they won't let me post there.

PigletH13 Profile Photo
PigletH13
#3re: re: re: More on Boy from Oz BS
Posted: 8/20/03 at 7:26am

Paulie,

I am not associated with the show at all. All I did was call Telecharge and ask for help from the webmaster of the BFO site.

As for Issame...who know's how he/she/it is associated with the show. But do me a favor Issa...don't mock what I wrote or was told. That is what us little people were told until someone of your obvious power will confirm to us the exact truth.

Personally, I think its pretty sad that they are causing such aggrevation with people and their seats. And Tele-charge is not doing much to help the situation. Be honest about the situation, help those who are directly involved, and apologize...publicly...perhaps on the website itself if not on a public forum such as this. But the main point here is to put those at ease who are paying the ridiculous prices for the "best seats".

And Issa...I asked you a question about a reading you spoke so highly of...or excuse me...gushed over when Jarrod was doing it in March/April...whenever it was. Since you refuse to answer my PM's...do a search and look for some discussion on "Can't Help Falling in Love."

addition to the serenity prayer: Help me hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they pissed me off!!! :-)

IssaMe
#4re: re: re: re: More on Boy from Oz BS
Posted: 8/20/03 at 8:23am

Wasn't making fun of you, hon - or in anyway looking down on you.
Where do you get THAT idea? Hope you are just joking about it...otherwise, I apologize for a real misunderstanding and take total responsibility for it.

Was simply saying that YOU were accurately reporting what you had been informed... but that you were being misinformed by someone who wasn't apparently telling you the whole story.

Didn't blame you in the slightest - in fact, I was even extra cautious enough to say :

"the real reason ALSO (note the word "also) somehow involving the shift of musicians"...

...so thus not coming out and saying the lighting glare story was an out and out lie (I said "also" specifically to protect those who were lying so that I didn't come out and call the lighting glare story a lie, but rather, left the door open to it being one of the factors involved IN ADDITION to the musicians shift reason...but dammit, it's not lighting glare, they ARE lying to you and I'm tired of trying to protect people and be polite).

Also, since feelings are running high about this show and everytime I post something about it there is some kind of hostile response, this will be my last post concerning it - so let the lies circulate...and believe me, as with every show there are a LOT of rumours and lies circulating about this show and a lot of things going on behind the scenes (again, true of EVERY show not just this one - in fact, this one is going very smoothly).

It doesn't serve any show or the people involved to report such things on the internet - but I do think it was useful in this particular case to explain about the ticket situation since so many people were concerned - and that clarification doesn't fall into the area of malacious gossip.

As far as "Can't Help Falling" - have been out of the country for months and wasn't involved this time around. Emick obviously unable to do it because of scheduling conflicts with Oz...but I haven't bothered to ask the producers or Alan Wasser, etc. what the new cast was.

Also as far as your PMs are concerned...all my postings are done through a third party source who is paid to do so... and that source does not pick up or redirect messages to me, only posts for me directly to the board. So sorry if you feel slighted.

PigletH13 Profile Photo
PigletH13
#5re: re: re: re: re: More on Boy from Oz BS
Posted: 8/20/03 at 10:33am

My dear IssaMe...

If your posts are indeed done by a third party...why doesn't your third party...who gets paid to do this...post what you said on ATC! I can't imagine that they won't let him or her join b/c of who you are!

Also...have your third party worker email me with future messages as not to clutter the board (ie Message to Piglet). My email is certainly very visible and since I am a nobody...I have no problem with showing my email address.

Feel free to post on the subject as much as you like...don't let what little ole me says stop you. I am just a bit peeved at the "powers that be" who have yet to respond to the people who matter the most...the audience! Who, mind you, are traveling from all over this world to see Mr. Jackman! Even as far as the Philippines, right Jo??

Tell the producers to have some low life flunky post on their website exactly what the situation is. For the price they are charging for the seats...I think that would only be fair.

addition to the serenity prayer: Help me hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they pissed me off!!! :-)

jo
#6re: re: re: re: re: re: More on Boy from Oz BS
Posted: 8/20/03 at 11:02am

Affirmative, Piglet re: re: re: re: re: re: More on Boy from Oz BS

I have also made an overseas call ( as I don't qualify for any toll-free line) to TELECHARGE to inquire about the status of my seats for 2 dates. They said that my ROW AA seats are intact and that they are front row seats. They did mention that they had nothing do to with the decision on the removal of a row of seats and were just implementing what the theatre had so indicated. I did suggest to them that they issue an official statement so ticket holders ( who have not received any communication from them, unlike Row BB ticket holders) can be reassured in view of the current discussions on some sites. As I didn't know what explanation was given to Row BB ticket holders personally, I had not mentioned the reason cited on ATC but simply asked if this is due to some production requirements. The representative said that is what he understood. I guess in my case, he thought what was important was that I had been reassured on the status of my seats.

I have been wondering how they are able to exchange Row BB for Row A seats - are Row A seats house seats that theatre management can do with as they like?

What is ironical for me was that I had gotten the front row AA seats originally only because those were the only seats I could get that were not past 10th or 12th row when I called after the AMEX promotion date. I was originally asking for 3rd to 5th row!

jo Updated On: 8/20/03 at 11:02 AM

PigletH13 Profile Photo
PigletH13
#7 re: More on Boy from Oz BS
Posted: 8/20/03 at 11:11am

Jo,

I am glad that you have found out from Telecharge that the seats are indeed ok...I also appreciate your comment to them regarding a statement.

Truthfully I do believe IssaMe was trying to be helpful with his/her information...but what really needs to be done is a statement from either the theatre or from Shubert. If only they were listening!

#8 More on Boy from Oz BS
Posted: 8/20/03 at 11:50am

...why are these seats so inportant to everyone? So they took out seats.

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#9re: More on Boy from Oz BS
Posted: 8/20/03 at 12:25pm

Maybe, and I am just guessing here, but maybe it's important to Piglet that they took out the seats as she was supposed to be sitting in them.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

PigletH13 Profile Photo
PigletH13
#10re: More on Boy from Oz BS
Posted: 8/20/03 at 12:27pm

Jon,

Are you serious? or is that just a joke? B/c for me...its about spending a good deal of money for the tickets that I wanted. If I didn't care where I was sitting, I wouldn't have asked telecharge when I ordered them.

PigletH13 Profile Photo
PigletH13
#11re: re: More on Boy from Oz BS
Posted: 8/20/03 at 12:35pm

Popcultureboy...

I love you!!! You are 1000% correct!

Thanks!

#12 More on Boy from Oz BS
Posted: 8/20/03 at 2:16pm

I did not realize that you had to have BB seats. I did not realize that an exact seat was super important to someone. I guess some of us just want to see the show and will be happy with any seat as theater, even terrible bad theater, is still better then no theater at all.

PigletH13 Profile Photo
PigletH13
#13re: More on Boy from Oz BS
Posted: 8/20/03 at 2:21pm

Well Jon,

I didn't have BB...I have AA. And yes...any theatre is good in my eyes. But as for the other 100's of people this is affecting, they may have different reasons for wanting those seats. Can I ask why it matters at all to you? You may PM me if you have a gripe with me.

#14re: re: More on Boy from Oz BS
Posted: 8/20/03 at 2:26pm

I think it matters since you brought it up. If you posted in a public forum, then we have the right to question and ask you questions. Am I not correct? I am sure they (Ticketmaster or the theater) will accomidate you. It would be bad business if they didn't right? And think of the 100s of people who get jilted and then they tell 100s and they tell 100s.

PigletH13 Profile Photo
PigletH13
#15re: re: re: More on Boy from Oz BS
Posted: 8/20/03 at 2:31pm

sweetie...I didn't bring it up actually. As you can see by the board...this message was started by IssaMe. I have asked IssaMe to direct theese things to me off the PUBLIC forum. You have every right to ask me questions...but no right in my eyes, to treat me with disrespect since I have never once posted to you, near you or ever would. As people know on this and many other boards, I am very easy going. I do not start things nor do I get involved in issues outside of of my concern. There are way too many issues that I have in my own life that are far more important than responding to other people.

I asked that if you had a gripe with me that you take it to PM. I hope you will do that from now on.

#16: More on Boy from Oz BS
Posted: 8/20/03 at 2:48pm

My Dearest piglet~ My interntions were not to be insulting to you. If you have felt in any way that I have been anything other then involving myself in a witty banter about seats at BOZ I do apologize profusely. I was simply stating what I assumed was not only my opinion but that of perhaps devils advocate. Bringing forth a lively debate. Foolish of me to thihk that perhaps once in a while people may think of it as that, not bitterness in all we write.
Again, my profound apologies. I sincerly hope you take this in your heart and forgive me.
Jon

PigletH13 Profile Photo
PigletH13
#17re: : More on Boy from Oz BS
Posted: 8/20/03 at 2:53pm

Jon...I have PM'd you.

badseed
#18re: re: : More on Boy from Oz BS
Posted: 8/20/03 at 5:02pm

Jon, I have had the pleasure of reading Piglet's posts on this and many other boards for well over a year now. She is absolutely correct when she says she is not the sort to "start things" or get involved in these unnecessary (so-called) debates. She uses these boards as they are intended, that is, a forum for discussion about theater and as a source of information. The issue/concern regarding tickets for BFO is certainly a valid one, (I, too, have AA seats for two different performances, and both times I'll be flying in from out of state just for this show.) I, for one, am grateful that this mess has been explained on this board. Thank you, Piglet, for all your efforts to get answers, and thank you, IssaMe, for your info as well.

And by the way, I didn't take what you said as "witty banter," either.

#19 More on Boy from Oz BS
Posted: 8/20/03 at 9:01pm

Bad Seed-
If i have offended you in addition may my apology go out to you in addition. I have spoken with Piglet and all (as I feel that it has been cleared--) If i am wrong please feel free to continue explaining to me what a horrid and mean hearted person I am. I never hear enough of it.
As I said and if you have ever read my posts, I am very lighthearted in my talk and I insult/joke on myself about my views of Braodway. If you saw that myabe you too would have not have been so defensive.