News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Paulie

Paulie Profile Photo
Member Name: Paulie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: re: How old is everyone?  Aug 21 2003, 10:06:25 PM
And uh... straight and single. Whether or not that matters. (:
re: How old is everyone?  Aug 21 2003, 10:02:15 PM
17, male.

And yes, that is my picture. (:

re: Oz BS  Aug 19 2003, 01:16:49 PM
How are you (IssaMe) and Piglet associated with the show? I know a few people working on the show, but don't want to drop names on the public board.
re: re: re: Chicago DVD Today  Aug 19 2003, 01:12:23 PM
Sueleen, it never happened as far as I am aware of.

I work at a drugstore which received a shipment of CHICAGO on Saturday. Naturally, I bought my copy that day and watched every minute of it that night.

Wasn't too impressed with "Class." Good thing it was taken out. Still a great movie though. I wish I had the widescreen version, however. Fullscreen isn't working for me. Just a personal peeve, I guess.

re: re: Happy 'Gypsy OCR Release' Day!  Aug 19 2003, 01:10:01 PM
The term "OBC" in this case would, however, have been incorrect. "OCR" is any cast recording in which the original cast appears.
re: Not since 'Gigli'; 'Marci X' Reviews  Aug 19 2003, 01:08:11 PM
If a movie's title is odd and unappealing, the movie is going to bomb.

Hollywood studios, you heard it here first.

re: Replacing Bernadette as Rose in Gypsy  Aug 18 2003, 03:23:30 PM
Let Maureen Moore take over the role.

Then Michele Pawk when they need money.

re: onstage chemistry - favorites  Aug 18 2003, 04:47:16 AM
Lane and Broderick in THE PRODUCERS
Michael C. Hall and Amy Spanger in CHICAGO, last fall

CJR, was Dossett a replacement for Lank in CRAZY FOR YOU? It was John Hillner (not Pawk's husband) who originally starred.

re: Broadway's Lost Treasures Re-run  Aug 17 2003, 11:56:36 PM
Damn it, I missed it again!

Well, I have mid "Hello, Dolly" until the end... but I really would like to see Lansbury, et al. Any plans to re-run it that anyone is aware of?

From the D.C. area--
Paulie

re: What are you listening to right now?  Aug 17 2003, 11:53:23 PM
The ACCUBROADWAY station at www.accuradio.com

Thank God for that site. I'd be a lot poorer without it.

re: re: starlight express  Aug 17 2003, 11:51:45 PM
In my negative comments about STARLIGHT EXPRESS, I never meant to discourage people (i.e. kids, families, average theatregoers) from seeing the show. Like Jon says, the show is great entertainment and I recall initially liking the show.

The problem is that the show takes itself too seriously. There is plenty of up-tempo, flashy, fun stuff... but the ballads such as the highlight number "Starlight Express" are just silly.

re: starlight express  Aug 17 2003, 02:01:29 AM
The evening I saw STARLIGHT EXPRESS in London was a good time. I remember leaving the Apollo Victoria (early 2001) thinking I kind of liked the show. Looking back, and listening to the music later, my opinions have completely shifted. It truly is an awful show with even worse music by ALW. Amusing to watch, but not at all great theatre.
re: Which Broadway star has the best navel lint?  Aug 17 2003, 01:54:55 AM
This is SOOOOOO hard... because Sutton's is so warm and fuzzy, but Gavin's is so soft and fruitful!

(I wish I didn't have to point out that I'm being very sarcastic.)

re: About Time for PIPPIN Revival  Aug 17 2003, 01:50:25 AM
It is hard for me to decide if the people who mention Sutton and Gavin for EVERY SINGLE ROLE WRITTEN are being facetious or if they are really that ignorant. I completely agree with BwayTheatre11.

Sorry to break it to you, TMM-firsters. Sutton and Gavin will never again be cast in the same show.

re: Problems with WICKED  Aug 13 2003, 07:17:17 PM
A) People don't realize how great Stephen Schwartz is and how long his fans have been waiting for a new show of his to come to Broadway. (FOSSE does not count.)

B) It is a new show. Isn't getting the HAIRSPRAY hype. Since, of course, it wasn't a movie beforehand and...

C) The show doesn't have headlining stars, but rather some of the most talented people on Broadway.

I am excited about this show no matter what!

re: Gypsy Cast Recording  Aug 12 2003, 08:45:31 PM
Surely, this may be frowned upon...

... but is there any way to burn these to a CD? They are already saved on my computer, but they are .asx files that won't be recognized by a CD burning program.

re: re: Man of La Mancha stage door  Aug 11 2003, 03:13:52 AM
Stokes will always greet you. You just have to wait a while... he likes to shower at the theatre after the show.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: WICKED - Updates?  Aug 10 2003, 10:06:22 PM
Wow, Joel Gray instead of Robert Morse!

I was looking forward to seeing Morse... I played Tackaberry in HOW TO SUCCEED in a few years back, and loved the movie version. But Joel Gray is someone I've always wanted to see!

re: Favorite Musical REprise - the essence of musicals  Aug 10 2003, 05:03:04 AM
"If I Loved You," from CAROUSEL is the strongest, most heart-wrenching reprise I can think of.

Longing to tell you, but afraid and shy,
I let my golden chances pass me by.
Soon you'll leave me,
Off you will go in the mist of day,
Never, never to know
How I loved you,
How I loved you.

Can't listen to it without shedding a tear.

re: WICKED - Updates?  Aug 10 2003, 04:51:50 AM
Kristin Chenoweth as Glinda, the Good Witch, Idina Menzel as Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West, Robert Morse as The Wizard, Christopher Fitzgerald as Boq, Carole Shelley as Madame Morrible, Norbert Leo Butz as Fiyero, Michelle Federer as Nessarose and William Youmans as Doctor Dillamand.

The company features Ioana Alfonso, Ben Cameron, Cristy Candler, Melissa Bell Chait, Marcus Choi, Kristoffer Cusick, Kathy Deitch, Melissa Fahn, Rhett G. George, Kristen Lee Gorski, Manuel Herrera, K

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You