Honk! ?

DollyGirl Profile Photo
DollyGirl
#0Honk! ?
Posted: 9/27/04 at 10:29pm

Anyone care to explain the characters in Honk! for me? I'd like to find out from you guys who has the best songs (girl) and best parts. Thanks!

I've got forty more minutes of home economics Then down with the text books And up with the comics

DollyGirl Profile Photo
DollyGirl
#1re: Honk! ?
Posted: 9/27/04 at 10:32pm

okay then..

I've got forty more minutes of home economics Then down with the text books And up with the comics

NuggetMonkeys Profile Photo
NuggetMonkeys
#2re: Honk! ?
Posted: 9/27/04 at 10:33pm

The best young girl part is Penny...
she sings "Now I've Seen You" with Ugly.
Ida is the main female part, but the is Ugly's mother.
-d.b.j-

Vary My Days.

wicked4life51 Profile Photo
wicked4life51
#3re: Honk! ?
Posted: 9/27/04 at 10:37pm

Now Ive Seen you is a male solo ugly doesent sing that with anyone its a solo he sings about her i believe to her its in my repetoire so yeah its a great song but gavin creel sang it in the production he did

"what? what is it? do i have something in my teeth? ok lets get this over with : no im not seasick,yes ive always been green, and no i didnt chew grass as a child "

NuggetMonkeys Profile Photo
NuggetMonkeys
#4re: Honk! ?
Posted: 9/27/04 at 10:38pm

they sing it together after he has his solo version, hon.
-d.b.j-

Vary My Days.

DollyGirl Profile Photo
DollyGirl
#5re: Honk! ?
Posted: 9/27/04 at 10:42pm

What about parts for, oh... say, a 15 year-old girl? re: Honk!  ?

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#6re: Honk! ?
Posted: 9/28/04 at 9:29am

The showstopper is "Warts n'All," (my kid was in a middle school production last winter, and I saw all performances!) But almost all of it is charming.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

rKrispyt Profile Photo
rKrispyt
#7re: Honk! ?
Posted: 9/28/04 at 11:40am

well, what is the age range of the cast? Is it strictly a teen show or is a community theatre and adults are auditioning?

If adults AREN'T auditioning, I'd say to go for Ida, it's by far the best songs, the most singing and acting material for a female, and just the best part for a female.

If adults ARE auditioning, then depending on how old Ugly is, I'd say go for Penny. Although she's not got a lot of dialogue or singing, she's the female ingenue and she's got some stuff.

It probably SOUNDS dumb, but also think of going for a duckling - there are only 4 and they've got SUCH fun stuff to do and sing.

Besides that...the chicken is a fun part, it's really funny...um, the Cat can be a female...and Maureen who is one of the mother's friend has some fun stuff to do as well.

I can probably lead you to an online character breakdown, lemme know.

If I show you the darkness I hold inside, will you bring me to light?

Videos