Linda Eder

sideshowfan Profile Photo
sideshowfan
#0Linda Eder
Posted: 9/1/03 at 12:23pm

Does anyone have Linda Eder singing "The Gift"

#1re: Linda Eder
Posted: 9/1/03 at 2:52pm

Yes.... I have it. I have to find it on the album it is on. It was someone else's album she did it for. I believe the singer is Asian.

BwayTheatre11
#2re: re: Linda Eder
Posted: 9/1/03 at 10:12pm

Is it on her album "Gold?"

CCM '10!

ChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
#3re: re: re: Linda Eder
Posted: 9/1/03 at 10:23pm

It is on a CD by the harpist Jung. There is a woman who plays the harp. That woman's name is Jung. (You can imagine the results I got when I searched for "Jung" on Amazon.com!) "The Gift" is the title of the CD. Try this link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000DD1R/

"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"
Updated On: 9/1/03 at 10:23 PM

#4Linda Eder
Posted: 9/2/03 at 10:47pm

Can I just say that LINDA EDER is the most fabulous most talented most incredible most sweet human being that ever lived. I LOVE HER and her voice and her. She is just perfection!

...okay I had to do that....was having a moment of groupie love

EnyaWeiss03 Profile Photo
EnyaWeiss03
#5re: Linda Eder
Posted: 9/3/03 at 10:58am

BoxofficeJon,

I TOTALLY agree with you! I LOVE Storybook!

EnyaWeiss03 Profile Photo
EnyaWeiss03
#6re: Linda Eder
Posted: 9/3/03 at 10:58am

Oops, I double posted...sorry

Updated On: 9/3/03 at 10:58 AM

TheBalladeer Profile Photo
TheBalladeer
#7re: re: Linda Eder
Posted: 9/3/03 at 11:03am

Box Office Jon I am in total agreement with you! That woman's voice is a wonder. It should be one of the great wonders of the world. I could listen to her all day....

Cheers,
The Balladeer

"Someone tell the story...Someone sing the song...."

#8Linda Eder
Posted: 9/3/03 at 11:07am

WOW! I didn't realize how much everyone else loved her too. She is fun to gush about.

...one more day until I can get her CD...

chasing_rainbows43
#9re: Linda Eder
Posted: 9/3/03 at 11:50am

What's going to be on the new one? Please say it was the other song she did in concert from Camille Claudel...that was fantastic.

JailyardGuy Profile Photo
JailyardGuy
#10re: Linda Eder
Posted: 9/3/03 at 12:17pm

Yes, she's got a great voice, but let's not overpraise her. While it is true that she can blow curtains back from two miles hence, she's not exactly a master of subtlety (she seems to be saying "Look how loud/high/loud/high/loud I can sing" as opposed to "look how beautiful this song is and what the composer is trying to say and how artistically I'm interpreting it"), the material she chooses to sing is, to put it diplomatically...a bit on the trite side (with notable exceptions), and, belting range goddess though she may be, she will never be remembered for her brilliant acting.

As to her overwhelming niceness and gentle personality, that is certainly not a general consensus, as can be attested to by those who have worked with her. (Then again, nobody is nice all the time, we're all human, even Linda Eder.)

That said...I'm a huge fan nonetheless, and I'd rather hear her version of "I, Don Quixote" than any man's, any day. :)

Suzanne: I never use catalogs. I'd rather go in the store and see all the salespeople groveling and sucking up to you. Julia: Pardon me, I never knew they were so solicitous at the K-Mart.

TheBalladeer Profile Photo
TheBalladeer
#11re: re: Linda Eder
Posted: 9/3/03 at 12:28pm

Jailyard, if you are a fan of hers, what was the point of your previous two paragraphs prior to your last comment? I somewhat find all that to be contrary to what I think a true fan would say, actually. Although I somewhat agree about your comment on her her acting/interpretation of songs, I don't think anyone mentioned anything about her acting skills, in this particular post, just simply talking about how pleasurable listening to her voice is.

Cheers,
The Balladeer

"Someone tell the story...Someone sing the song...."

JailyardGuy Profile Photo
JailyardGuy
#12re: re: re: Linda Eder
Posted: 9/3/03 at 12:37pm

I quite think that the simple act of declaring fandom does not at all preclude criticism. I adore her voice at the appropriate times and places, but listening to her for hours at a time is an entirely different story. She has an amazing voice, but it is not an all-the-time kind of voice, at least not to me. If there are people out there who think that All Linda, All The Time is the way to go, then have at it! I'm certainly not begrudging anyone their love of her voice by any means, just sharing a little perspective.

Suzanne: I never use catalogs. I'd rather go in the store and see all the salespeople groveling and sucking up to you. Julia: Pardon me, I never knew they were so solicitous at the K-Mart.

Peter
#13re: re: re: Linda Eder
Posted: 9/3/03 at 1:20pm

I've followed Linda Eder for quite some time and agree that her interpretive side was lacking early on. But I do believe shes improved greatly in that area, especially over the last couple years. She's been reportedly working on her acting and vocals with some notable people and I think it shows.

I recently saw her in Camille Claudel and believe that if this gets to broadway, she will at least get nominated for a Tony ...she was just fantastic. And the majority of other reports I've heard/read feel the same too.

Now as for her voice, I honestly believe it's actually too good for some people. To me, her belting is done the way it's suppose to sound...as a loud wall of sound that envelopes the theatre. Most other belters to me sound only like loud screamers. And those who believe thats all she does are quite mistaken, she has a breathtaking soprano side ...take a listen to her new CD Storybook..theres quite a few quieter numbers there. Even Bridge Over Troubled Waters which showcases her belt starts off a cappella, highlighting her beautiful soprano side before it goes into the belt.

This 40 something has heard them all and been to many concerts from top broadway performers..but to me Eder is the best. Theres absolutely noone with her incredible range. I've heard her sing pop, big band, country, gospel, jazz, theatre and even opera and excel at each. Speaking of opera, wait until you hear "Vole, Mon Ange" from Storybook. All I can say about that is WOW!..for all the Streisand comparisons she's endured over the years, Streisand could never ever sing like that.

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#14re: re: re: re: Linda Eder
Posted: 9/3/03 at 4:21pm

Linda Eder is so amazing and very nice too!! I got to meet her :) Her Camille Claudel was amazing and she will definitly get recognized Tony time if it comes to Broadway.

ShineOn
#15re: re: re: re: re: Linda Eder
Posted: 9/3/03 at 5:59pm

You mean not an "all the time" voice like Miss Skinner's, you snot. LOL

Love ya. :)

"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin