calling all board members...

corfriends Profile Photo
corfriends
#0calling all board members...
Posted: 10/13/04 at 4:23pm

i need some help. my school does day trips to nyc and me and 3 of my friends are going on nov 6th. they all really want to see wicked, and i would love them to see it as they have never seen a broadway show before. unfortunately this performance (2pm) is sold out. ive looked for ticket brokers, but they are just too expensive. so is ebay. ive heard that i should keep trying to call ticketmaster to see if they release more tickets closer to the date. we could also always try the lottery but the chances of us getting 4 tickets, let alone 2 is very rare. anything else i can do? thanks guys Updated On: 10/13/04 at 04:23 PM

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#1re: calling all board members...
Posted: 10/13/04 at 4:25pm

when will you be getting into the city? If all else fails, you can do cancellation line.

corfriends Profile Photo
corfriends
#2re: calling all board members...
Posted: 10/13/04 at 4:27pm

i'll be in the city at 7am, and we'll be leaving at 10pm.
i thought about the cancellation line, but i don't think my friends would be that eager to wait, as there's so much in the city they haven't seen. i guess my best bet is to just keep calling ticketmaster?

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#3re: calling all board members...
Posted: 10/13/04 at 4:29pm

yeah, check ticketmaster the day before and even that morning. Good luck!

NightLaughs Profile Photo
NightLaughs
#4re: calling all board members...
Posted: 10/13/04 at 4:46pm

There's been times when I've gotten tickets to "sold-out" shows from Ticketmaster. One trick I have learned is that when all else fails, try and order one ticket at a time... or call ticketmaster and ask for 4 tickets, just not seated together. I'm sure you tried that, but just in case you hadn't, thought I'd share something that got me into shows on more than on occastion...

If you limit your choices to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise."- Robert Fritz

broadwayinthebigcity Profile Photo
broadwayinthebigcity
#5re: calling all board members...
Posted: 10/13/04 at 4:48pm

Wow........Um.. I haven't tried this but on the Wicked site they have a number you can call for tickets I don't know If it leads you to ticketmaster or a recording but it may be worth a shot.

"as good or quite likely better than any other show with killer rabbits and a legless knight opening on Broadway this season." -Eric Idle on SPAMALOT

timote316
#6re: calling all board members...
Posted: 10/13/04 at 5:10pm

The only thing I can think of is the cancellation line. Also, try the lottery, maybe 2 of you could see it... Then the others could get other, easier to get tix at like TKTS or something. Good luck!

corfriends Profile Photo
corfriends
#7re: calling all board members...
Posted: 10/13/04 at 5:13pm

thanks guys for the info. if it comes down to this, what time would you recommend waiting on line in the cancellation line?
and how many people usually get through on that line?

broadwayinthebigcity Profile Photo
broadwayinthebigcity
#8re: calling all board members...
Posted: 10/13/04 at 5:17pm

It depends on the day but if you really want to see it i would do it... but thats just me

"as good or quite likely better than any other show with killer rabbits and a legless knight opening on Broadway this season." -Eric Idle on SPAMALOT

corfriends Profile Photo
corfriends
#9re: calling all board members...
Posted: 10/13/04 at 9:32pm

has anyone had any experience with the cancellation line? time? and how many people have gotten through?

NJgirl
#10re: calling all board members...
Posted: 10/13/04 at 9:43pm

When I was there on Saturday night, they cut the cancellation line off at 15 people..and counldnt give any more info other than tix would be released to the cancellation line at 7:40-8pm....with the chance that not all would get in to the show.
We opted for the lottery instead of taking the last spot in the cancellation line...we figured our chances were the same...
we actually won the lottery which was amazing...i will say that 300 people showed up for the Saturday evening lottery..we were shocked that the lottery sign up line went around the corner. The couple who were in line behind us for sign ups told us that they didnt even get thru all the people waiting in the lottery sign up line on Friday night...we didnt get to the front of the line to sign up til close to 5:50...and they cut it off at 6pm. We showed up at the Gershwin at 5pm, btw. Updated On: 10/13/04 at 09:43 PM

Videos