pixeltracker

how can i write to jason robert brown?

how can i write to jason robert brown?

corfriends Profile Photo
corfriends
#0how can i write to jason robert brown?
Posted: 10/14/04 at 11:51am

i have some questions i would love to ask him. specifically if i could get the sheet music to the piano solo in 'movin to fast' from the last 5 years, that is NOT in the vocal selections...argh. anyone? Updated On: 10/14/04 at 11:51 AM

SonofCorine2 Profile Photo
SonofCorine2
#1re: how can i write to jrb?
Posted: 10/14/04 at 11:54am

jrb posts here. just pm him.

"Honey- Men don't want one woman. Do the same thing. Date many men. I DO! I am going through the exact same thing. Don't over eat, instead date others. You will be amazed how much fun it will be. Also play hard to get. Men are dogs honey. DOGS!" - Corine2 10/29/04

corfriends Profile Photo
corfriends
#2re: how can i write to jrb?
Posted: 10/14/04 at 11:58am

no, the actual jason robert brown composer.

SonofCorine2
#3re: how can i write to jrb?
Posted: 10/14/04 at 12:01pm

I thought you meant jrb_actor.

"Honey- Men don't want one woman. Do the same thing. Date many men. I DO! I am going through the exact same thing. Don't over eat, instead date others. You will be amazed how much fun it will be. Also play hard to get. Men are dogs honey. DOGS!" - Corine2 10/29/04

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#4re: how can i write to jrb?
Posted: 10/14/04 at 12:19pm

ME TOO!

hilarious!

How are ya Son??

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

SonofCorine2
#5re: how can i write to jrb?
Posted: 10/14/04 at 12:21pm

Oh I'm fine. I'm looking for something to wear to uniform night, tonight.

corfriends Profile Photo
corfriends
#6re: how can i write to jrb?
Posted: 10/14/04 at 12:21pm

haha nope. the actual jrb. anyone know how i can contact him? or know where i can get that sheet music?

Broadway Matt Profile Photo
Broadway Matt
#7re: how can i write to jrb?
Posted: 10/14/04 at 12:23pm

you might not want to go all the way to jrb just for that. even if he's one of those composers who is generous with their music, he's definitely NOT one of those composers with much free time to grant requests. If you just need that music, try and track down someone a little more accessible who might have a copy of the score. Check with the crazy L5Y fans who are lurking around the web and in email groups. Or try to reach anyone who's been musically involved with an L5Y production.

"The last train out of any station will not be full of nice guys." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"I wash my face, then drink beer, then I weep. Say a prayer and induce insincere self-abuse, till I'm fast asleep"- In Trousers

corfriends Profile Photo
corfriends
#8re: how can i write to jrb?
Posted: 10/14/04 at 12:25pm

good idea. anyone been in a L5Y production or have the score with this music in it (cause i have the score and this part is left out)?

#9re: how can i write to jrb?
Posted: 10/14/04 at 1:18pm

I thought you meant jrb_actor, too!

Perhaps you might want to consider editing your subject line. It might help you to get the response you're seeking.

Have you tried the Jason Robert Brown website?

JakeB
#10re: how can i write to jrb?
Posted: 10/14/04 at 1:23pm

MTI Shows will have it, but unfortunately they only send sample scores, not the whole thing. Find someone who is putting on a production and ask their musical director for the excerpt.

chauvelin128 Profile Photo
chauvelin128
#11re: how can i write to jrb?
Posted: 10/14/04 at 2:21pm

The piano solo in Movin' Too Fast is improvised. In the original score the only thing written out are the names of the chords.

corfriends Profile Photo
corfriends
#12re: how can i write to jrb?
Posted: 10/14/04 at 2:55pm

which website are you talking about?

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#13re: how can i write to jrb?
Posted: 10/14/04 at 3:01pm

He doesn't grant such requests - I tried that a year ago and he wrote back to tell me that he is "not in the music publishing business and you'll just have to wait like everyone else".
Good Luck.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

Videos