pixeltracker

FANGS FOR NOTHING, FRANK - nypost.com- Page 4

FANGS FOR NOTHING, FRANK - nypost.com

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#75re: FANGS FOR NOTHING, FRANK - nypost.com
Posted: 12/17/04 at 12:06pm

which proves my point that he's a worthless jack*ss

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

musicalsFan
#76re: FANGS FOR NOTHING, FRANK - nypost.com
Posted: 12/17/04 at 12:08pm

sounds to me like they had no intention of doing a cast recording
from the start

Peter
#77re: FANGS FOR NOTHING, FRANK - nypost.com
Posted: 12/17/04 at 2:08pm

What's even more irritating to me than Frank Wildhorn being a sleazebag are certain jealous, bitter-queen, wannabe, over-the-hill, singer-actors who are obsessive about him to the point of being a step or two away from the looney bin.

I'm sure Wildhorn will face legal problems if he is doing anything wrong here. I really really doubt he will be able to get backing for any future broadway show given his track record, and his ever worsening reputation. So calm down..it will be ok..it really will.

midtowngym Profile Photo
midtowngym
#78re: FANGS FOR NOTHING, FRANK - nypost.com
Posted: 12/17/04 at 2:16pm

it's funny how i often hear that Wildhorn will 'NEVER GET FINANCING FOR ANOTHER ONE OF HIS FLOPS', but he always does.

'The Devil be hitting me!'--Whitney Houston

Luke0827
#79re: FANGS FOR NOTHING, FRANK - nypost.com
Posted: 12/17/04 at 2:19pm

1. Can someone provide some clear cut examples of how Frank Wildhorn has mistreated cast members in the past? If he is as awful as some of you claim, why have the following people performed in more than one of his works in some capacity (either on recordings or on stage): Matt Bogart, Carolee Carmello, Rachel York, Douglas Sills, Christiane Noll, Matt Bogart, Dave Clemmons, Chuck Wagner, Lauren Kennedy, and so many more?

2. If Frank didn't want to use the original cast and create an original cast recording, why would he have waited so long to produce his own concept album? Wouldn't it have been in his interest to use a recording as a means of selling more tickets to his show? If he never intended to do a cast recording, wouldn't he have made the concept album before the show even opened?

3. Why are cast members of an original Broadway company entitled to be a part of an album that bills itself neither as an original cast album nor an album which is representative of the Broadway incarnation? Did any of the cast members sign a contract that stipulated that they were guaranteed to be cast in whatever recording was made of the music from the show? If not, are they truely being screwed over? Don't they get their weekly paychecks for the work they do on stage each night?

4. Why is no one outraged at the union rules which make the costs of creating an original Broadway cast recording so prohibitive? Hasn't Equity gotten in the way of creative intentions before (for example, Elaine Paige couldn't star in the Broadway Evita thanks to Equity, and there are numerous other examples of how Equity has dictated that certain casting decisions don't meet its criteria)? Is the Union really blameless?

I know it's popular to beat up on Wildhorn, but his shows do make money -- just not on Broadway. Wildhorn uses Broadway as a launching pad for tours, regional theater, and international productions, and recordings, and of course the royalities he makes from the various aritists who record his material on solo albums (like John Barrowman, Christine Andreas, Matt Bogart, Emily Skinner & Alice Ripley, and numerous others). He's a bright and talented guy. Of course he wanted an original cast recording. But rather than wait 19 weeks or go without a recording at all, he came up a with the best alternative he could. I guarantee you will see people from the company of "Dracula" in future shows of his. And you will see shows of his on Broadway in the future.

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#80re: FANGS FOR NOTHING, FRANK - nypost.com
Posted: 12/17/04 at 2:26pm

re: #4 "4. Why is no one outraged at the union rules which make the costs of creating an original Broadway cast recording so prohibitive? Hasn't Equity gotten in the way of creative intentions before (for example, Elaine Paige couldn't star in the Broadway Evita thanks to Equity, and there are numerous other examples of how Equity has dictated that certain casting decisions don't meet its criteria)? Is the Union really blameless?"

Your "problem" and most who want to blame the union, I believe, use faulty logic equating 8 hours in the studio for 1 weeks salary. Yes - it seems outrageously expensive. But look at it thus - this recording can and will be sold indefinitely and the performers on that recording will never make another cent off of their labor (unlike the record company, producers, authors and other creative involved) - It's not like you are paying the actors for one performance (but paying them a weeks salary for that one) you are, in essence, paying them for the lifetime of that recording. While it's expensive, it's not unreasonable. Performers that do voiceovers make that if not more between their recording sessions and residuals....

As for your final comment - that can only be answered in the future - and is certainly not something that you can guarantee...

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#81re: FANGS FOR NOTHING, FRANK - nypost.com
Posted: 12/17/04 at 2:32pm

He's not committing a crime, no one's saying he is (oh, probably one or two posts but I REALLY don't feel like drudging through the thread again.) People are saying he's screwing people who work for him out of an opportunity both artistic and financial because waiting the proper time to allow them to be part of it wouldn't be beneficial to him. No one else has anything to gain from this recording being made, especially from having it made now rather than in a couple months.

Yes, it's his choice to make just as its everyone else's choice to decide whether or not that decision on his part reflects kindly on him or not.

As to whether or not members of the creative community agree with our decisions or not isn't really relevant, is it?

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#82re: FANGS FOR NOTHING, FRANK - nypost.com
Posted: 12/17/04 at 2:35pm

I think the main issue with the union is that you must pay EVERYONE involved with the show 1 weeks salary for 8 hours of recording. So the stage manager, lighting design, etc. Have to be paid even though they have nothing to do with the recording.

Yes, the singers deserve their money and rather then pay them 1 weeks salary for 8 hours, pay them a normal 8 hours with incentives of how the cd sells. That makes a whole lot more sense and brings the cost of making the cds way down. Why do they deserve 1 weeks salary for 8 hours of work? I don't demand that at my job I would be fired in a second! But I do get paid incentives if I get a book published and make royalties. The actors should get their normal daily wages PLUS royalties like every other business!

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#83re: FANGS FOR NOTHING, FRANK - nypost.com
Posted: 12/21/04 at 10:01am

this just needs to be known - hence another bump.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

Mattbrain
#84re: FANGS FOR NOTHING, FRANK - nypost.com
Posted: 8/28/08 at 2:48pm

Fast forward 4 years later. The CD is still not out. Score one for the original cast?

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Mattbrain
#85re: FANGS FOR NOTHING, FRANK - nypost.com
Posted: 8/28/08 at 2:50pm

Double post.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."
Updated On: 8/28/08 at 02:50 PM

DrTheatre Profile Photo
DrTheatre
#86re: FANGS FOR NOTHING, FRANK - nypost.com
Posted: 8/28/08 at 4:42pm

All of the links now saw "Error, page can not be found" can someone IM the article and responses, would love to read them!

"In the U.S.A. You can have your say, You can set you goals And seize the day, You've been given the freedom To work your way To the head of the line- To the head of the line!" ---Stephen Sondheim

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#87re: FANGS FOR NOTHING, FRANK - nypost.com
Posted: 8/28/08 at 7:45pm

Would it be possible for someone to post what the original story was, everything seemeds to be removed.

Thanks

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian