pixeltracker

Disney and Jackman to co-produce movie musicals

Disney and Jackman to co-produce movie musicals

jo
#0Disney and Jackman to co-produce movie musicals
Posted: 1/10/05 at 6:49am

https://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=7872

https://www.moviehole.net/news/4825.html

One of the rumors is that THE BOY FROM OZ might be one of the projects for consideration Disney and Jackman to co-produce movie musicals

But whichever movie musical projects are chosen, with this backing from DISNEY and Hugh's talent, this can only be good news for musicals!

thirdrowcenter Profile Photo
thirdrowcenter
#1re: Disney and Jackman to co-produce movie musicals
Posted: 1/10/05 at 9:01am

Thank you Jo. I have been feeling so Hugh deprived lately. This helps greatly.

timote316
#2re: Disney and Jackman to co-produce movie musicals
Posted: 1/10/05 at 9:43am

Yay!

Although, if Hugh is going to star in them, I don't want to see an Aida movie. Him as Radames would not be so good...

ShiksaGoddess2 Profile Photo
ShiksaGoddess2
#3re: Disney and Jackman to co-produce movie musicals
Posted: 1/10/05 at 10:15am

X3............YES!!!!

"Rap stars will love me..... I get me a posse and shit, aiite."

DaysOfWine&Roses Profile Photo
DaysOfWine&Roses
#4re: Disney and Jackman to co-produce movie musicals
Posted: 1/10/05 at 10:22am

A big screen version of TBFO? I would die and go to heaven. re: Disney and Jackman to co-produce movie musicals

Timote wrote: "Although, if Hugh is going to star in them, I don't want to see an Aida movie. Him as Radames would not be so good..."

I'm hoping if the "Rent" movie does well, a big screen version of Aida with Adam would be possible. If "Rent" does well, REALLY well, Adam may find himself in a good position to make it happen.

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#5re: Disney and Jackman to co-produce movie musicals
Posted: 1/10/05 at 12:30pm

Where did it say they might do AIDA?

Mimi Imfurst
#6re: Disney and Jackman to co-produce movie musicals
Posted: 1/10/05 at 1:09pm

Would definitly like to see a film adaptation of "Boy from the clOZet" if there were some major changes to the script. I hope that in the film version they have a chorus bigger than 12 and they actually spend money on a set. I still feel bad that someone stole the set on Broadway. I hope its returned someday.

NYC's Most Retarded Drag Queen The Mimi Show: hosted by Mimi Imfurst features Broadway stars Tuesdays @ 10:30pm Weekly! June 13th: Hairspray's Michelle Dowdy, June 20th: Aida's Lori Ann Strunk, June 27th: Composer Katie Thompson No Cover- No Drink Minimum OW BAR: 221 E 58th Street (between 2nd and 3rd) www.owbar.com

Plum
#7re: Disney and Jackman to co-produce movie musicals
Posted: 1/10/05 at 1:28pm

Bah. Spare me the Boy From Oz adaptation. That show's appeal was a stage phenomenon; I really doubt it would come across on film. If he's going to do movie musicals, it's always a solid idea to start with good material, which BFO most definitely is not.

Sweeney Todd is taken, so to speak. Sam Mendes is set to direct, though who knows when that will happen. If it happens.

I'm guessing AIDA came to mind for people because of the Disney connection, but I doubt that's happening or that Jackman would act in it if it happened.

Anyway, the best part of this news? There's no way it leaves him enough time to do James Bond. Yes!

Mimi Imfurst
#8re: Disney and Jackman to co-produce movie musicals
Posted: 1/10/05 at 1:31pm

The thing is... the show was HORRIBLE.... but Jackman's performance was amazing. I think if they beefed up the show a bit and actually made it good, it would be worthwile seeing on film.

NYC's Most Retarded Drag Queen The Mimi Show: hosted by Mimi Imfurst features Broadway stars Tuesdays @ 10:30pm Weekly! June 13th: Hairspray's Michelle Dowdy, June 20th: Aida's Lori Ann Strunk, June 27th: Composer Katie Thompson No Cover- No Drink Minimum OW BAR: 221 E 58th Street (between 2nd and 3rd) www.owbar.com

FirstRow2 Profile Photo
FirstRow2
#9re: Disney and Jackman to co-produce movie musicals
Posted: 1/10/05 at 1:56pm

You & Me Both!!! I think Disney has enough money they could write a musical or buy one that's recently written. If they're desperate, I'll write one!!! And I'll have it take place near where I live so I can watch the filming. Don't want to meet the man personally, as I'm not too attractive with my tongue hanging out & drool dripping off my chin. And then if he SPOKE to me in that luscious Aussie accent.... call the EMTs! Seeing him from afar would be just fine. But I'll be anxious to hear him on the big screen no matter what they put him in!

Plum
#10re: Disney and Jackman to co-produce movie musicals
Posted: 1/10/05 at 2:08pm

I don't care how much they revise the book- the score will still be the same not-very-good jukebox stuff. When there are so many better musicals to adapt, not to mention the possibility of something completely original, I really don't see why BFO should be made into a movie, other than the presence of Jackman.

Mimi Imfurst
#11re: Disney and Jackman to co-produce movie musicals
Posted: 1/10/05 at 2:53pm

I actually enjoyed the music. I think Allen's songs lend themselves perfectly to the theatre as he was quite theatrical himself. I think perhaps better than other juke box musicals. However, the book was misserable and it was horribly directed. The ultimate sadness of the deaths around him were lost to cheesy direction... especially the fathers death. I laughed out loud during that part, I don't think the tourists from Iowa next to me appreciated it.

I'd really like to see a book that dealt more the Allen's struggle with AIDS and his relationships between his men and his women. NOT disney material.

Too bad Jackman likes the boys on the side.

Videos