News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DaysOfWine&Roses

DaysOfWine&Roses Profile Photo
Member Name: DaysOfWine&Roses
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: How about a revival of BARNUM starring Hugh Jackman?
 Jan 10 2005, 07:58:23 PM
I never saw it on Broadway, but I did see it in the West End in '85.

I could easily see Hugh doing this.....and being good at it.

re: Kelly Clarkson starring in a revival of Funny Girl?
 Jan 10 2005, 12:05:05 PM
"No one in their right mind would considered her for the role.."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As much as I would like to believe this.......someone out there thought "P. Diddy" on Broadway was a good idea......so anything is possible.

She can sing. But, not everyone who can sing is right for Broadway. The powers that be need to understand this. Alas, the fact that she would sell tickets is most likely the only thing they

re: Disney and Jackman to co-produce movie musicals
 Jan 10 2005, 10:22:01 AM
A big screen version of TBFO? I would die and go to heaven.

Timote wrote: "Although, if Hugh is going to star in them, I don't want to see an Aida movie. Him as Radames would not be so good..."

I'm hoping if the "Rent" movie does well, a big screen version of Aida with Adam would be possible. If "Rent" does well, REALLY well, Adam may find himself in a good position to make it happen.

re: Harry Connick Jr To Star In 'The Pajama Game' Revival (Broadway Bow Lik
 Jan 10 2005, 09:41:22 AM
I'm a big fan of Harry's musical side. I think he's got a great voice, is an amazing writer and arranger, and always brings alot of enthusiasm to his music.

BUT!

I don't think he could act his way out of a paper bag.

There were rumours floating about when the hunt was on for who was going to replace Hugh Jackman in TBFO, that Harry was VERY interested. So, him doing this really does not suprise me.

A good, fun show. But can Harry handle the grind? I

re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
 Nov 10 2004, 09:52:34 AM
"Justin is not being made fun of in FilmFakers. He is one of the actors tricking the newbies."

Got ya. I did'nt realize he was "in on it". All that I had ever heard was that he was in the episode, and then the premise of the show. I assumed he was the one being tricked.
The other quote makes much more sense now. Thank you.

re: Idol Star Guarini Leaves Company of Good Vibrations
 Nov 10 2004, 09:39:32 AM
"anyway there is still "film fakers' to look foward to."

I'm sorry, but this just made me laugh. It's my understanding that "Film Fakers" basically humiliates out-of-work/down-on-their-luck actors for a reality tv show.

Now, if I was a fan of somebody, I certainly would'nt be looking foward to seeing (insert celebrity name here) being publically humiliated and their current pathetic situation advertised.

But, maybe that's just me.

As far as what happened with AI - "Entertainment Weekly" did an interview with him that I remember reading online at one point. The only copy I can find of it is this:

http://groups.msn.com/JustinGuariniHOTNEWS/justinnews.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=50&LastModified=4675470820121720644

re: Pop stars turned broadway singers.
 Oct 19 2004, 01:23:34 PM
You know, I think Broadway is going through an identity crisis right now and that's why we're seeing so many pop/music stars. I think the powers that be know they have to start bringing in the younger crowd if they want to survive.

Broadway never quite "fit into" the entertainment world to begin with. And the older crowd that (for the most part) supports it is not going to be around forever....So they do what (they think) they gotta do. And P. Diddy ::shivers:: on Broadway is th

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You