Hairspray Rush or Lottery

Ragtime322
#0Hairspray Rush or Lottery
Posted: 2/17/05 at 7:26pm

I searched but couldn't find an answer. Does Hairspray just have their lottery (are those seats ok?) or do they also do student rush? Are they ever at TKTS? Sorry to be annoying, I'm sure I'll get yelled at, but I am looking for an answer. Thanks.

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#1re: Hairspray Rush or Lottery
Posted: 2/17/05 at 7:48pm

Hairspray has 20 tickets for sale for SRO. Each person is allowed to purchase 2 tickets - almost positive its for students but I could be wrong, it might be general.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!
Updated On: 2/17/05 at 07:48 PM

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#2re: Hairspray Rush or Lottery
Posted: 2/17/05 at 8:29pm

yea the SRO is general, The show has to be about 90% sold for them to sell the SRO tickets. The Rush lottery is in the Mezz, last row of the theater but the theater isn't all that big and you can see everything. I prefer the SRO because they are at the back of the Orchestra. The show has been on and off TKTS lately its not a set thing just depends on the day and when they are on there normal aren't a load of seats up there.

hope that helps..

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!

MissNY
#3re: Hairspray Rush or Lottery
Posted: 2/18/05 at 11:58am

The show isnt really even 90% full so you wouldn't have much luck with standing room. Try the lottery, not many people show up (especially on weeknights) so you have a good chance of winning. Seats are last row mezz but you are always able to move up. Besides, its a good show to see from further back

Videos