News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ragtime322

Member Name: Ragtime322
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Avenue Q rights
 Dec 10 2006, 10:55:27 PM
Actually, the show starts it US National tour this summer in San Diego. The other cities and dates will be announced in the coming months.
re: BroadwayAbridged.com
 Jun 8 2005, 04:15:10 PM
I think the point of it is how - over the course of a 2 and half hour musical - a girl who is suppose to be "slow" can suddenly learn perfect italian. For someone who happens to have liked the show and really enjoyed Kelli O'Hara's performance, it doesn't makes sense. Or why, after an entire 1st act of songs and scenes in italian does the mother (and Lucas) feel it neccesary to break the forth wall and talk to the audience like we are idiots. We got it the first act, why explain it now?
re: ~ff~'s Tony Nominee Fact Sheet
 May 30 2005, 08:50:50 AM
Almost - Pat Collins, the LD for Doubt is a SHE not a HE.
re: Who's filling in for Hank?
 May 12 2005, 12:49:55 PM
Somehow I don't see that happening - I went to the BO...no such thing was true.
re: Who's filling in for Hank?
 May 12 2005, 12:44:50 PM
Actually...they have to be ABOVE the title to get your money back if a "star" isn't in the show...and since ALL of the Spamalot cast is BELOW the title, you can't get a refund if any of them are out like you could in, for example, The Producers or Wicked.
re: And the NOMINATIONS are.....
 May 10 2005, 08:53:22 AM
Suprises - no Borle, no McGovern, no Lange, Beach getting a nomination, no David Hyde Pierce, Philip Bosco getting a nomination - but more importantly - NOT A ONE for Glass, Steel, Good Vibrations, All Shook Up, Bklyn...not good.
re: Renaming the Plymouth and the Royale
 May 9 2005, 05:00:27 PM
To my knowledge they are the only theatres the Shuberts own that are not named after anyone.
re: Kelly Clarkson and BKLYN
 Apr 28 2005, 11:37:29 AM
Tuttle I would just like to know who you work for...PM me if you want, I too work in the industry but do not work for Brooklyn or their GM office - but i think the point being missed her is Tuttle stated that Ms. Clarkson was in NYC doing SNL and spoke to some Casting people for the show. But as was stated earlier that was taped 3.5 months ago - so why wait so long to post an obviously false, albetit interesting rumor. Tuttle, I'll be waiting for your PM to prove you know anything.
re: Easter Bonnet Competition
 Apr 19 2005, 10:39:19 AM
Just to end some confusion about Mr. Washington -- he is only atching the amount raised by HIS SHOW, not all of Broadway. Not that donating 50,000 dollars isn't amazing and impressive in and of itself. Also - my fav. line of the show.

(Little Sally pulling out a piece of paper from the "Joke Bag"

Office Lockstock: What's that Little Sally?
Litle Sally: John Caraffa's resume.

re: Monday night perfs?
 Mar 29 2005, 12:42:49 PM
Avenue Q does NOT play Monday Nights.
Hairspray Rush or Lottery
 Feb 17 2005, 07:26:00 PM
I searched but couldn't find an answer. Does Hairspray just have their lottery (are those seats ok?) or do they also do student rush? Are they ever at TKTS? Sorry to be annoying, I'm sure I'll get yelled at, but I am looking for an answer. Thanks.
re: SPAMALOT (?) - Alright guys let's hear it!
 Feb 15 2005, 11:39:05 AM
As a person who has only ever glanced at a MP film, I really did not enjoy the show. I had fun yes, but it was just potty humor and half naked women parading around on stage. I think it was VERY well staged, the set was brillant, and the lighting and costumes were also top notch (much better than anything on Broadway this year) however, it got very old for me and I felt very left out. I am not sure the audience was laughing at what was on the stage or their memory of the film which they know to
re: Spamalot--why the fuss?
 Feb 14 2005, 06:54:48 PM
The show started closer to 2:15 and the intermission was 21 minutes...and the show got out (after a very long, although exciting curtain call) at 4:25...
re: Spamalot--why the fuss?
 Feb 14 2005, 06:26:48 PM
I too saw it and yes he could have gotten home in PLENTY of time to write that review...the show was BARELY 2 hours...it was enjoyable. I will say that.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You