Meeting Broadway Stars

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#25re: Meeting Broadway Stars
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:31pm

Rath-

I would cut her some slack if she wasn't so rude. She completely ignored the tiny group of people who were waiting without saying anything.

With most other entertainers/personalities/actors, one would think she was having a bad day, but Spears is someone who consistantly seems to be really rude. Updated On: 2/25/05 at 02:31 PM

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#26re: Meeting Broadway Stars
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:32pm

Hunter Foster was surprisingly rude to me. Sutton Foster is really one of the nicest people alive, so I don't get why Hunter isn't, especially since Sutton seems to be more famous.

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#27re: Meeting Broadway Stars
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:33pm

Really? My friend put Hunter on the phone with my sister, and he seemed cool. What happened?

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#28re: Meeting Broadway Stars
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:34pm

I personally would never approach a famous person in a public setting where they were just doing their thing. I hate it when people go up to celebs in restaurants and the like. For me, I only speak to famous people at stage doors or backstage, when they expect it.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#29re: Meeting Broadway Stars
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:35pm

ha, I asked Hunter to talk to my best friend on the phone one night, and he was WONDERFUL. He talked to her about school and her major and all sorts of things, not just a "hi, okay bye!!" conversation. I've always found him to be shy, but very friendly.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#30re: Meeting Broadway Stars

As is said about many a rude or not so rude Broadway star at the stage door - we all have a bad day. And unlike a Broadway star, she doesn't have times scheduled when she knows fans are going to be there and then she gets to leave and be done with it. It's all the time for her. All the time. Just think about that. None of us can be nice 24/7. It's just impossible. And for all I know, she's like that all the time, so I'm not saying she's nice most of the time - I have no idea. I'm just trying to put myself in her shoes. I get irritated with people too when I'm out of sorts and they haven't done anything wrong to me either.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#31re: Meeting Broadway Stars

Spears doesn't sign at her concerts, either. And yet, she charges at least $100 a pop. Updated On: 2/25/05 at 02:35 PM

melissa errico fan
#32re: Meeting Broadway Stars
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:36pm

Yeah, I've only ever heard the nicest things about Hunter.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#33re: Meeting Broadway Stars
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:37pm

There are Broadway stars who don't sign too. And you're also paying $100 a pop to see them. And they can't fit anywhere near the number of fans into a Broadway theater as a concert arena. Can you imagine how long she'd have to stand there signing? And being on tour, they often have to travel that night.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

melissa errico fan
#34re: Meeting Broadway Stars
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:38pm

Rath, what stars do you know of who absolutely never sign?

Yankeefan007
#35re: Meeting Broadway Stars
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:39pm

The nicest stars:
Antonio Banderas
Al Pacino
John Lithgow
Tim Curry
The Avenue Q Cast
The Dracula Cast
Kristin Chenoweth
Harvey Fierstein
Andrea Martin
Jason Biggs
Gary Beach
Doug Sills
Idina Menzel
Jane Krakowski

The not so nice
Hunter Foster
David Hyde Pierce

The rude
Melanie Griffith Updated On: 2/25/05 at 02:39 PM

My Fair Lady
#36re: Meeting Broadway Stars

I think Hunter was having a bad day. This was in the rehearsal and he and Jennifer appeared to be fighting. Jennifer was nice though.

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#37re: Meeting Broadway Stars

But, even when it's only two or three people? When Tom Cruise is at a premiere, he signs like a maniac. More often than not, the movie will start without him.

luvtheEmcee
#38re: Meeting Broadway Stars
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:40pm

Yank, you've got Idina on two lists....

Yankeefan007
#39re: Meeting Broadway Stars
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:40pm

i know...the 1st time she was insanely nice, the 2nd she had to humor about 5 million photographs, so i dont blame her. Updated On: 2/25/05 at 02:40 PM

melissa errico fan
#40re: Meeting Broadway Stars
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:41pm

"The rude: Melanie Griffith".

Really? A friend told me that Melanie was a sweetheart.

Chrysanthemum62001
#41re: Meeting Broadway Stars
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:42pm

I found Hunter to be a joy. He was precious. But, yes. Nobody is perfect and people do have bad days. The important thing to remember is these are Broadway PEOPLE (as apposed to Broadway "stars") and they can very easily slip off of their white horses and pedistals that fans place them on.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#42re: Meeting Broadway Stars

I only know what I read here, mef. People who always take the alternate entrance, and others who take the stage door out but refuse to sign anyway.

Updated On: 2/25/05 at 02:42 PM

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#43re: Meeting Broadway Stars

mef-

Same here. I met her and Antonio after "Nine", and they were both very nice.

My Fair Lady
#44re: Meeting Broadway Stars
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:44pm

I wouldn't have minded Hunter being so rude except that my sister had really wanted to meet him adn when she told him that she was a big fan, he's just like, "Okay. Bye."

melissa errico fan
#45re: Meeting Broadway Stars
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:45pm

Well, Antonio is an absolute delight. After the performance of "Nine" that I saw, he must have spent 45 minutes signing everything and speaking to every fan individually.

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#46re: Meeting Broadway Stars
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:45pm

When I went to the Nine stagedoor, Melanie just ran out from backstage into the limo and was like "Not today, guys". While Antonio came out and signed, talked and posed w/ everyone. She was rude. A little girl was like "Can I have your autograph" and she's like "No, sorry" and ran into her limo just to wait for Antonio..Oh well, I don't care for her much anyway.

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

Chrysanthemum62001
#47re: Meeting Broadway Stars
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:46pm

YAY! I LOVE Jane Krakowski. I think she is the sexiest woman in the whole wide world. And, she KISSED me on the cheek! After that, I walked home on cloud nine.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL
Updated On: 2/25/05 at 02:46 PM

Joshua488
#48re: Meeting Broadway Stars
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:47pm

I have only stage-doored once, and that was at HAIRSPRAY.

I met (and got autographs from) Bruce Vilanch, Mary Bond Davis, Carla J. Hargrove, Tracy Miller, and Shannon Durig, who went on for Carly Jibson that day.

luvtheEmcee
#49re: Meeting Broadway Stars
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:47pm

ha, if Melanie made people sit through that performance, she could've at least been nice.