hedwig14 Profile Photo
hedwig14
#0Spamalot seating question
Posted: 2/25/05 at 9:53pm

Just wondering, for those who have already seen the show, is this a big theatre? I'm about to buy tickets and wondering if I really need to spend lots of money, or will I still be able to appreciate the show from left/right mezzanine or balcony?

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#1re: Spamalot seating question
Posted: 2/25/05 at 9:55pm

Have yet to see the show (March 16), but I've been to the Shubert many times (Gypsy, Chicago, etc.). It's a nice size theatre, and you should be able to see from the mezz. or balcony.

Chrysanthemum62001
#2re: Spamalot seating question
Posted: 2/25/05 at 9:56pm

I sat in the rear balcony when I saw Gypsy there, and I could see just fine. It's high, but the view is great.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#3re: Spamalot seating question
Posted: 2/27/05 at 10:43pm

I've got a front row ticket for the 15th...Is that ticket too close up or great since I could touch DHP and Tim Curry. LoL

C.

www.christopherviolett.com

JHartnow Profile Photo
JHartnow
#4re: Spamalot seating question
Posted: 2/27/05 at 11:31pm

Hey Hedwig,

We saw the show last Monday night from the balcony, and the seats were *great*. Everything in view. The only problem with sitting up so high, at least where we were, is that some of the "Tricks" were revealed a little too soon, thus no surprise element. If you sit in the orchestra, you'll get a more "sensory" experience, too. Sorry for being so cryptic, but I don't want to spoil! Our balcony seats were $36 a piece...and worth EVERY penny. We couldn't stop singing the songs for...well, we're still singing the songs!

Have fun at the show, whenever you go and wherever you sit!

-John

filmgirl325 Profile Photo
filmgirl325
#5re: Spamalot seating question
Posted: 3/15/05 at 12:58pm

Would I be better off with the very back of the orchestra or front row of the mezz. Does the mezz hang pretty low?

"It's the smile you smile that counts, happy thoughts in large amounts, any problem you can trounce, you can bounce right back."--Donald O'Connor
Updated On: 3/15/05 at 12:58 PM

Chote887 Profile Photo
Chote887
#6re: Spamalot seating question
Posted: 3/15/05 at 1:28pm

I sat in the second to last row to the far right and it was fine.

starlight2
#7re: Spamalot seating question
Posted: 3/15/05 at 4:41pm

I think front of the Mezz would be good, you would see more, and for those in the front row, just be careful of the spit! From the actors that is, not the mezz people! It is a fun show that never lets up and you should have a memorable evening! Azaria, Curry, Hyde-Pierce, Ramirez, and on & on! I love the English/Python humor.