pixeltracker

Toronto CanStage's mouthwatering 2005/06 season: I Am My Own Wife and more!

Toronto CanStage's mouthwatering 2005/06 season: I Am My Own Wife and more!

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#0Toronto CanStage's mouthwatering 2005/06 season: I Am My Own Wife and more!
Posted: 3/1/05 at 1:49am

Mother Mary and Joseph, Canstage's 2005/06 season is freakin' amazing! The lineup includes:

- I AM MY OWN WIFE (Canadian premiere -- there was a now-defunct rumour that Brent Carver may star)

- Caryl Churchill's A NUMBER (Canadian premiere -- I can't believe they grabbed this so quickly)

- HAIR (the first Canadian revival in 30 years)

- Alan Bennett's HABEAS CORPUS

- Albee's THE GOAT / WHO IS SYLVIA?

- World premiere of LETTERS FROM LEHRER by Richard Greenblatt, specially co-produced by Cameron Mackintosh (!!!)

- World reknown puppeteer Ronnie Burkett’s new play, 10 DAYS ON EARTH

You just know I'm salivating. Toronto seems to be getting its groove back on.
Canstage's 2005/06 season

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."
Updated On: 3/1/05 at 01:49 AM

erinrebecca
#1re: Toronto CanStage's mouthwatering 2005/06 season: I Am My Own Wife and more!
Posted: 3/1/05 at 9:16am

Yeah, it's too bad that it looks like Brent won't be doing IAMOW. That role really takes someone who's capable of giving a virtuoso performance. Tough to imagine anyone but Jefferson Mays being able to do it. It's an exciting but risky choice.

p.s. bluewizard, are you going to see WASPS this week by any chance? A friend is in it and I wish I could see it!

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#2re: Toronto CanStage's mouthwatering 2005/06 season: I Am My Own Wife and more!
Posted: 3/1/05 at 10:51am

I saw this show a few weeks ago w/ Jefferson Mays

can I just say "OMFREAKINGOD!" it was absoulutly aHMAZing

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#3re: Toronto CanStage's mouthwatering 2005/06 season: I Am My Own Wife and more!
Posted: 3/1/05 at 11:35am

erinrebecca, I saw the posters for WASPS while going to class -- looks interesting! I might see it, if I can fit it my schedule for this insane month. I still have to catch DA KINK IN MY HAIR (thank god it was extended again until March 26).

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

erinrebecca
#4re: Toronto CanStage's mouthwatering 2005/06 season: I Am My Own Wife and more!
Posted: 3/1/05 at 11:46am

Would love to hear your impressions if you get to see it. The friend who's in it is the same one who knows John Walker. So maybe you can go with him? :)

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#5re: Toronto CanStage's mouthwatering 2005/06 season: I Am My Own Wife and more!
Posted: 3/1/05 at 6:16pm

Hahaha, Johnnie would get a kick out of knowing that he's being discussed on a Broadway message board. He has written a play called THE ZOO-KEEPER'S LOVE SONG that he's also directing for the Paprika Festival at the Tarragon Theatre.

I'll go ask if he wants to see WASPS.

erinrebecca
#6re: Toronto CanStage's mouthwatering 2005/06 season: I Am My Own Wife and more!
Posted: 3/1/05 at 7:14pm

Ah, was that in the drama festival this year? Maybe I'm remembering wrong and he acted in one there. Anyway, if he wants to know who the mutual friend is, tell him it's his friend from h/s whose play won the Best New Play award for the province at the Sears Festival a couple of years ago. He'll know. :)

Musetta1957 Profile Photo
Musetta1957
#7re: Toronto CanStage's mouthwatering 2005/06 season: I Am My Own Wife and m
Posted: 3/1/05 at 10:03pm

BRING BACK STEVE PATTERSON!

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#8re: Toronto CanStage's mouthwatering 2005/06 season: I Am My Own Wife and m
Posted: 3/1/05 at 10:11pm

Why wouldn't Jefferson do the Toronto production? Isn't he currently touring in the role?

erinrebecca
#9re: Toronto CanStage's mouthwatering 2005/06 season: I Am My Own Wife and m
Posted: 3/1/05 at 11:38pm

Canstage mounts their own productions.