News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for StephanietheStar

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
Member Name: StephanietheStar
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: www.stephaniesouza.com
Blog Address:
Profile: I see a lot of shows. I try to be in them. I'm a full time auditioner, part time actress.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Stephens Schwartz, Flaherty and Sondheim Cabaret!  Jan 23 2013, 11:22:03 AM
Hey All!
There is ONE more performance of my cabaret Three Stephens and a Stephanie at Davenport's Piano Bar on January 28th at 8pm.

I performed this cabaret at Stage 773 in August last year and was asked to remount it at Davenport's!
Songs include:
Waiting for Life
The Wizard and I
Back to Before
There Won't Be Tumpets
No one is Alone/Move On Medley
Meadowlark

I hope you'll join me on the 28th!
Go to davenportspianobar.com for reservat

Jeremy Jordan To Depart NEWSIES for SMASH; Corey Cott Takes Over on 9/5  Aug 16 2012, 08:33:45 PM
Jeremy and Ashley Spencer are also getting married on 9/8 (same day as me!) so that is also probably part of the reason for this particular departure date...
My rumor - Jessie Mueller to play Fanny Brice ~ Funny Girl/Whoppi called it  Dec 15 2011, 10:02:41 PM
I think it's safe to say from all these "Clear day" clips that Jessie can belt her face off with the best of them.

Jessie would make a glorious Fanny Brice. She can do ANYTHING. but we would love her back in Chicago. Take care of her NYC.

Best times to catch Ripley (and not Pearl) in the N2N Tour  Apr 30 2011, 12:36:56 AM
Pearl was on tonight for Alice for the Friday night Chicago show..I think this is the first one Alice has missed in Chicago.

kinda sad I missed her.... but Pearl was great!

Actor injured in Spiderman tonight  Dec 22 2010, 08:50:40 AM
RE: Wicked injuries-yeah there have been multiple injuries with that show (Steph J Block's cherry picker one comes to mind) BUUUT you're talking about injuries happening over YEARS of performances. Spiderman isn't even open!

Theatre is dangerous, but it shouldn't be made more so by expecting your actors to perform in stunts seen in film.

Sondheim Birthday Concert on PBS tonight!  Nov 26 2010, 11:53:03 PM
someone said in Chicago it was the cut up version with pledges, not in Rockford! which is obviously NOT Chicago but only an hour and half away so I'm suprised they would broadcast something different...

and could this have been more perfect? I'm not sure.

Sondheim Birthday Concert!!!!!  Nov 26 2010, 01:53:15 AM
LIFE changing, have watched it 3 times in the last 24 hours...lol.

Beauty and the Beast national tour - My Reivew  Oct 26 2010, 10:38:48 AM
believe it or not, there are non-equity actors out there that are good...this tour just didn't cast any.

And I saw the original Belle (Liz Shivner?) on this tour and it was not any better.

Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors  Jun 18 2010, 08:41:33 PM
I actually really liked what ScarJo said...I used to thoroughly dislike her, but she's growing on me...

what were we talking about?

:)

Was Tony Award Singing Dubbed?  Jun 15 2010, 11:04:39 AM
well, he sure was out of breath after that dance break, so i don't know about that...
Tony Awards--best and worst dressed.  Jun 15 2010, 10:57:29 AM
Best:
Helen Mirren: Does she EVER look bad?
ScarJo: beautiful gown
Paula Abdul: You have to admit, that's the best she's looked in a LONG time
Bernadette: GET IT, can you believe she's 62? i can't.

Worst:
Idina: That gown added about 20 pounds to her frame and looked like most hs prom dresses
Jada Pinkett Smith: Not only was her dress weird, her hair harsh, and then she was doused in gallons of body oil...fail.
Katie Holmes: FIT FIT FIT FAIL

Was Tony Award Singing Dubbed?  Jun 15 2010, 10:06:51 AM
I felt that American Idiot at least used a backtrack..that sounded really perfect when the ensemble all came together....suspiciously perfect.
New HAIR tote bags  Jun 15 2010, 12:16:39 AM
i'm hoping a couple show up at the BCEFA flea market...this will be my first flea market outing though so what do I know?
re: Cast Recording Flubs  Jun 14 2010, 05:48:41 PM
my next to normal cd has weird static going on in the middle of "I'm Alive" the first time I heard it I thought it was weird interference on my ipod feed from a radio station, THEN I realized I was listening to the cd...lol

also, in "I am" has anyone else noticed the bad autotune on "we've been FINE for so long now"....?? It bothers me

Nicole Scherzinger to Play Maureen in RENT at the Hollywood Bowl  Jun 4 2010, 05:14:11 PM
yeah, I too see her more as a mimi....

should be very inneerreessttin'.

Is Paige O'Hara, stage and voice actress, lip-singing in the video?  Jun 3 2010, 01:01:19 PM
@beautywickedlover: You can TOTALLY hear Jodi take breaths in her song...like a normal live performance...

and lol@mulethaler: that's EXACTLY what she was singing to.

Is Paige O'Hara, stage and voice actress, lip-singing in the video?  Jun 2 2010, 07:17:56 PM
Yes, everytime I've ever heard paige o'hara sing live it's been awful...also how did her mic not pick up any of her breaths?!
Is Paige O'Hara, stage and voice actress, lip-singing in the video?  Jun 2 2010, 06:36:04 PM
Plus, compare it to Jodi's Part of Your World at the same event, and she sounds like a person performing...there are little flaws to the sound, etc. while Paige's sounded flawless and Jodi is by far a better singing in my opinion.

Jodi singing Part of Your World:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2AJJbICEJs

Is Paige O'Hara, stage and voice actress, lip-singing in the video?  Jun 2 2010, 06:22:12 PM
sure looks like it to me....

and I love that Jodi is there :)

Cringeworthy Lyrics  May 28 2010, 03:42:58 PM
I disagree on the Next To Normal lyrics posted thus far...they never struck me as clunky...

my favorite cringe is in "You'll See" in RENT
"..think twice before you poo poo it"

really?
and I always agree with the Webber/Rice, Don Black, Wildhorn, Schwartz clunkers. Wicked has some bad ones, but I think he set up a 'world' where some of it's acceptable.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You