Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#0Wall to Wall Highlights
Posted: 3/20/05 at 10:47am

what were yours? for me:
Patti LuPone belting- Being Alive
George Hearn and Angela Lansbury- A Little Priest
BD Wong- Children Will Listen

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

staticradar Profile Photo
staticradar
#1re: Wall to Wall Highlights
Posted: 3/20/05 at 10:55am

The Company Stuff at the beginning (Ah How much I love Alice Ripley). And the fact that they sang my favorite Company Song Sorry-Grateful! ETA haha listening to Sorry-Grateful and they forgot one of the lyrics! Still an amazing song and a beautiful rendition.

Michael Arden's Giants in the Sky, the boy can sing!

Angela Lansbury and George Hearn doing A Little Priest made me giddy

and the finale of Sunday gave me chills.

Anyone else that listened from the beginning think that the Jr. Into the Woods was really cute and the girl playing Little Red sounded too adorable for words, although the girl playing the Witch couldn't sing...

You're always sorry, You're always grateful, You hold her, thinking: "I'm not alone." You're still alone.
-"Sorry-Grateful" Company
Updated On: 3/20/05 at 10:55 AM

marincrazy11 Profile Photo
marincrazy11
#2re: Wall to Wall Highlights
Posted: 3/20/05 at 10:56am

A Little Priest is at the top of pretty much everyone's list. Also Donna singing "Losing My Mind", Gregg Edelman sing "Marry Me A Little", Elaine Stritch singing "The Ladies Who Lunch", and Marin Mazzie and Jason Danieley singing "Happiness."

"Did you know that if you take the first two vowels in Olive and rearrange them it spells I-Love?"-Spelling Bee "It's night like this that hotel bars were specifically made." Light In The Piazza

bdwybelle
#3re: Wall to Wall Highlights
Posted: 3/20/05 at 1:08pm

My favorites of the ones that I saw were....
"A Little Priest" from Sweeney Todd - performed by Angela Lansbury and George Hearn
"Losing My Mind" from Follies - performed by Donna Murphy
"Being Alive" from Company - performed by Patti LuPone
"Happiness" from Passion - performed by Marin Mazzie and Jason Danieley
"A Weekend In The Country" from A Little Night Music - performed by Laura Benanti, Kate Baldwin, John Dossett, Randy Graff, Danny Gurwin and Michael Cerveris
"Could I Leave You?" from Follies - performed by Randy Graff
I got in there around 7pm and left around 10pm (I think). I left after Donna Murphy. I wanted to see her, then I had to go to a birthday party lol.
The night was amazing!!! My mom stayed until the end and said that they brought Sondheim a cake and sang him 'Happy Birthday.'

Chrysanthemum62001
#4re: Wall to Wall Highlights
Posted: 3/20/05 at 1:54pm

All twelve hours. I was there for the whole thing so I have so many...
"A Little Priest" with Angela Lansbury and George Hearn.

Michael Cerveris singing "The Gun Song" plus everything else he sang. Especially "Color and Light".

Elaine Stritch singing "The Ladies Who Lunch".

Becky Ann Baker-A saw her a couple of weeks ago and told her how much I enjoyed her performance in Assasins. We talked for a little bit and it was obvious how much it meant to her. So seeing her sing "The Gun Song" with Michael Cerveris was bittersweet. She also sang a song called "Truly Content". She nailed that song. It was brilliant. LOVE HER!!!

Alice Ripley singing "I'm Not Getting Married Today". I am a huge fan, and have never seen her perform live, so that was a big deal.

Emily Skinner singing "Can That Boy Foxtrot?". -Ditto. Plus, she nailed this song. Love her!

Andrew Lippa- I am a huge fan of his work. Didn't have a clue he had such a beautiful voice. The man is absolutely adorable.

Joss Whedon- Not really a Buffy fan, but he was hysterical. And smart. And I thought it was cool that he is such a big Sondheim fan.

Joanna Gleason singing "The Boy from ..." Ahhhh I loved this song! And she was so cute.

Carolee Carmello singing "There Won't Be Trumpets". She did such a beautiful job. Lover her.

Judy Kaye singing "Broadway Baby".

The "A Weekend in the Country" number. I was sad Marc Kudish wasn't there, but Michael Cerveris did it instead and of course was PERFECT. *sigh*

NPH singing "If You Can Find Me, I'm Here". Never heard this song before, but loved it.

Michael Arden singing "Giants in the Sky". I've always wanted to hear him sing this song, and he did a good job.

Patti LuPone singing "Being Alive". Still pinching myself. Huge fan. Never thought I would see her live. Ahhh, she was wonderfull.

Debra Monk singing "I'm Still Here". Ditto.

Chip Zien singing "No One Is Alone." Ditto again.

Oh yeah, and everything from Passion, Sunday in the Park with George, and Assassins!

Ooh, also "Franklin Sheppard, Inc."! Loved that.

And above all, Stephen Sondheim.

So yeah, practically the whole twelve hours!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

staticradar Profile Photo
staticradar
#5re: Wall to Wall Highlights
Posted: 3/20/05 at 2:49pm

Just hearing Emily and Alice was a thrill, to see them live, wow what a memorible experience that had to have been!

This whole concert was amazing, too bad they can't do a Sondheim tribute every month, lord knows the man has enough songs that could fill a few 12hr concerts!

You're always sorry, You're always grateful, You hold her, thinking: "I'm not alone." You're still alone.
-"Sorry-Grateful" Company

dkellergrl Profile Photo
dkellergrl
#6re: Wall to Wall Highlights
Posted: 3/21/05 at 10:06am

I was only there for 8 hours, but I love living in NYC.

If I die tomorrow, I've had the pleasure of witnessing Elaine Stritch, perform, "Ladies Who Lunch" LIVE on stage, over 150 musicians and singers pay tribute and homage to a GENIUS by the name of Stephen Sondheim AND watching Joss Whedon turn into a complete and utter Broadway SQUEEING fanboy, while on stage with the man himself.

It was fabulous. Fabulous. FABULOUS. I was exhausted by the time I left Wall To Wall at 7 pm. My friend Merey stayed, because she wanted to see everything.

Chrysanthemum62001
#7re: Wall to Wall Highlights
Posted: 3/21/05 at 10:27am

*sigh*
I think this should be done *every* year!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#8re: Wall to Wall Highlights
Posted: 3/21/05 at 11:21am

LuPone's "Being Alive" was what it was all about. :) Though Michael Arden's "Giants in the sky" was really good.

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

Videos