News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dkellergrl

dkellergrl Profile Photo
Member Name: dkellergrl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Official TONY Awards Thread
 Jun 10 2013, 08:08:49 AM
I remember watching those televised segments of the nominated plays one year and it was horrible. How can you get the "meat" of the play, in a 4 to 5 minute (being generous with the time) segment?
The Official TONY Awards Thread
 Jun 10 2013, 07:00:56 AM
Last night's telecast was spectacular. I didn't enjoy The Rascals segment, but that was my only issue.

NPH, Lin Manuel and their stable of writers do get the joy of the theatre and why it entertains millions of folks, all over the world.

Congratulations to all of this season's winners.

Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
 May 28 2013, 11:50:16 AM
Love it and I agree.
I just saw the show, again over Memorial Day weekend.
I LOVE the OBR and this new recording is right up there with the original.
The revival recording is amazing, fresh, clear, crisp and ALIVE.

Pippin previews start tomorrow
 Apr 12 2013, 10:32:41 AM
I saw this, over two weeks ago and I LOVED it. I've already purchased tickets to see it again in May, when my sister's back in town from San Francisco.

Just an amazing production and Patina Miller's FABULOUS!

Evita Photo Shoot Video
 Oct 24 2011, 05:24:14 PM
I think and feel (along with hope) that this revival is going to be fantastic. I've already purchased my ticket.

eta: I'm not sure about a wig for Cerveris. I think a bald Juan Peron could work for this revival.

Dracula?
 Jan 12 2011, 12:42:52 PM
Even more backstage fallout, being talked about in the press.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/theater/dracula_crew_raises_stakes_zZjzDpQruhzrNmgmKUfDXJ

Dracula?
 Jan 9 2011, 11:18:49 AM
The producers of the show haven't officially announced anything yet, but one of the actors from the show, Jake Silbermann posted a message of thanks to his fans for their support on his FB page.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000006690503

"Wants to thank the wonderful fans who have come to see Dracula already as well as those who have purchased tickets but who, from all indications, will not get to see the show. I want to apologize for that. Thank you all for your continued support and stay tuned..."

"Time to finish Dracula in Style. Tomorrow brings new things... Thanks again for all the wonderful wishes out there."

Dracula?
 Jan 7 2011, 03:13:08 PM
More behind the scenes drama, surrounding this production.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/theater/dracula_debt_on_arrival_pmMluWJcOtlIfqvDCaj9OJ

Financially, the show was in trouble from the start. Alexander Morr, the 76-year-old producer who managed Broadway shows years ago, came up with a budget fit for a show produced in, say, 1975.

"It was the craziest thing you ever saw," a source says. "We just laughed, it was so far off the mark."

"Dracula" came together at the last minute, and the designers say they scrambled to build sets, buy costumes, create wigs and gather props. They laid out their own money -- in some cases thousands of dollars -- but when they tried to get reimbursed, they say Morr stonewalled them.

"When I confronted him, he told me, 'Sometimes in life, you just have to bend over and take it,' " says fight coordinator Sordelet.

Dracula?
 Jan 5 2011, 09:18:27 PM
AM NY - http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.812039/theater-review-dracula-no-stars-1.2589190

NJ Newsroom - http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/movies/review-dracula-revival-looks-doa

Did DRACULA actually start previews yet?
 Dec 19 2010, 10:45:30 AM
No, I don't think that Ms. Birch left the show intentionally.

http://broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1025610&dt=43&boardid=1

re: Randy Harrison set for The Glass Menagerie
 Dec 4 2006, 10:15:31 AM
Hello, whyavee aka Mark aka Randy Harrison's Biggest and I do mean Biggest fan.
re: thoughts on SUDDENLY LAST SUMMER
 Nov 7 2006, 09:35:57 AM
Thanks for posting your thoughts on the show. I've read other really great reviews on Carla Gugino's performance.
re: NOW: 'Wall To Wall Sondheim' LIVE on XM Radio Online- FREE! (kinda)
 Mar 21 2005, 12:09:07 PM
Matt - Thank you so much for all your work. Thank you.
re: Wall to Wall Highlights
 Mar 21 2005, 10:06:46 AM
I was only there for 8 hours, but I love living in NYC.

If I die tomorrow, I've had the pleasure of witnessing Elaine Stritch, perform, "Ladies Who Lunch" LIVE on stage, over 150 musicians and singers pay tribute and homage to a GENIUS by the name of Stephen Sondheim AND watching Joss Whedon turn into a complete and utter Broadway SQUEEING fanboy, while on stage with the man himself.

It was fabulous. Fabulous. FABULOUS. I was exhausted by the time I left

re: AVE Q free debate today!!!
 Sep 30 2004, 03:39:49 PM
Thanks for letting us know about the photos. I saw them on Playbill.com
re: BARE is off!
 Sep 30 2004, 02:28:59 PM
That's too bad. I hope everything works out for the show in the future. Hopefully things will get finalized before 2005.
re: AVE Q free debate today!!!
 Sep 30 2004, 02:27:56 PM
The debate was a fabulous and funny success. Rick Lyons' very creative and quick with creating the Kerry and Bush puppets. Kerry serenading Bush with "If You Were Gay" was so funny. Hilarious. I can't wait to see the photos from the debate.
re: Mitchell, Clarkson, Kushner...how can you afford to miss this??
 Aug 3 2004, 10:09:32 AM
The benefit last night was really terrific. JCM and PC were fantastic as the "First Lady" and "Angel". I definitely need to find out more information on this work.

I saw Edie Falco, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Randy Harrison in the audience.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Cabaret's Last Night
 Jan 4 2004, 11:12:03 AM
I wish I could go to the closing night, but I'm going to the closing night performance of The Caretaker.

I did attend the Saturday evening performance and I heard about Adam's injury. I hope he's fine for tonight's show.

Last night I had the pleasure of seeing Susan Egan, Adam Pascal, Blair Brown, Tony Roberts, The cast of Cabaret and the incredible Vance Avery perform in the Roundabout Theatre Company's production of Cabaret.

I was amazed at what I witnessed last night.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You