Wacky Question

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#0Wacky Question
Posted: 4/14/05 at 8:40pm

Do plays on Broadway have souvenier programs? And if not why? It's kinda wierd don't you think that musicals do, but plays don't.

TonyBWay Profile Photo
TonyBWay
#1re: Wacky Question
Posted: 4/14/05 at 10:02pm

Plays generally do not have much merchandise, if any at all. Plays, unlike most musicals are not as "commercialized" to sell hats, t-shirts, programs, et al. However, plays generally will see window cards and maybe some smaller trinkets (buttons, keychains, etc) depending on the players in the game.

Apollo Profile Photo
Apollo
#2re: Wacky Question
Posted: 4/14/05 at 10:07pm

Do you really need a glass horse from "The Glass Menagerie?"

Isagenix World Leader in Nutritional Cleansing and Replenishing™

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#3re: Wacky Question
Posted: 4/14/05 at 10:09pm

no I don't. I'm not saying they should have a ton of merchendise, I was curious as to why they don't and musicals do. Thats all.
Updated On: 4/14/05 at 10:09 PM

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#4re: Wacky Question
Posted: 4/15/05 at 9:01am

Some have had SP"s in the past...Like Laughter on the 23rd Floor. But for the most part...I'm not familiar with any others.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#5re: Wacky Question
Posted: 4/15/05 at 10:27am

I've got stacks of souvenir programmes from Broadway plays, the most recent being THE BEST MAN.

Jon
#6re: Wacky Question
Posted: 4/15/05 at 10:36am

Successful plays (and even some "flops") usually have the standard 14x22 posters available. If they don't sell them in the lobby, Triton Galleries will have them.

Videos