News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TonyBWay

TonyBWay Profile Photo
Member Name: TonyBWay
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Stunt casting at its worst! FOR SHAME ROUNDABOUT!!
 Feb 14 2013, 12:57:01 AM
Looked up the definition of both, and I'm totally caught up now. Who knew these boards were so educational?! Thank you!
Stunt casting at its worst! FOR SHAME ROUNDABOUT!!
 Feb 14 2013, 12:10:27 AM
It's a great press opportunity for the show and that bitch was all over the media today! I'm not sure I would call this "stunt casting" or "repulsive," but I've seen posters on here go off on far less. And let's be honest ... it's a 15 second role!

WOOF!

re: Liza is fab in Vegas!
 Sep 30 2009, 10:40:28 PM
Just so you know..

I saw the show last night, and none of those numbers were cut out of the show. Maybe they pulled them out of the first few nights, because she is doing a full week of shows. The show ran about 2:15 last night, and even had an intermission. I know they are filming tonight, followed by an Industry late night (invite only) performance for local performers in town. She did this her last time around, and was such a hit!

The show is fantastic and LIZA is a ge

re: Bye Bye Birdie Merch?
 Sep 20 2009, 02:21:53 AM
They are currently selling:

Windowcards
"Bye Bye Birdie" Logo T-shirts & hats
"How Lovely to be a woman" T-shirts
"Sweet Apple" T-shirts
Buttons

Bye Bye Birdie...first preview tickets?
 Sep 8 2009, 03:05:56 PM
I was hoping to catch the 1st preview of Bye Bye Birdie on Thursday. Does anyone have a ticket they would be willing to sell? Let me know, I fly back West on Friday!

Feel free to message me on here if you can be of any assistance.

Thanks,

TonyBWay

re: Just got back from Peepshow
 Apr 10 2009, 07:24:16 PM
I was the first guy in black polo/jeans.
re: Just got back from Peepshow
 Apr 10 2009, 10:37:48 AM
Sorry for my delay, but I saw the show last night as well. I have to say although it is geared towards the male audience, it definitely doesn't forget the women of the audience.

This is the perfect show for a date night, Bachelor and Bachelorette parties, or just a girls/guys night out. Definitely a show for those who want to feel empowered. The women in the show, while mostly stunning and hard bodied, never make those in the audiences seem threatened or turned off in any way. I w

re: come to the PEEPSHOW
 Apr 9 2009, 12:59:57 AM
I'll be there too...9:30pm show.
re: PEEPSHOW in VEGAS
 Apr 6 2009, 01:59:29 AM
I'll be attending the show this Thursday and will post a review at that time. I have heard only positive reviews from those who have seen it.
re: PEEPSHOW in VEGAS
 Apr 2 2009, 04:53:33 PM
The show starts previews tonight.
re: come to the PEEPSHOW
 Mar 31 2009, 01:07:15 AM
It actually now starts previews on April 2nd. They were prepping/stocking the "PeepShop" today.
re: Whoopi Goldberg to star in Xanadu
 Jul 14 2008, 12:19:39 PM
Mary Testa had a recurring role on the self titled show "Whoopi." They had most of their scenes together out on the street smoking. I'm sure they both will be hilarious together (again).
re: Jackee Harry to join Wicked on Tour!
 May 21 2008, 01:58:26 AM
Ewwwww, Tia and Tamera...I mean Ewww...Elphaba!
re: Vegas Advice!?
 May 15 2008, 10:21:04 AM
Clint is readying his semi-autobiographical musical, "Just Another Man" for a Chicago run, I believe, prior to New York (OB?).
re: Vegas Advice!?
 May 15 2008, 12:37:22 AM
I would highly suggest (as a local):

"LOVE by Cirque du Soleil" (Beatles, Mirage)
"O" (Bellagio)
"Zumanity by Cirque du Soleil" (New York, New York)
"Spamalot" (Wynn Las Vegas)
"Le Reve" (Wynn Las Vegas)
"Lance Burton: Master Magician" (Monte Carlo)
"Cher Live at the Colisseum" (Caesar's Palace thru end of May)

side bar: Clint Holmes is no longer playing in Vegas

re: School edition of SWEENEY TODD coming soon..
 Dec 13 2007, 11:45:53 PM
The Las Vegas Academy were the first to lock the rights to this version of the show. They performed what I lovingly call "Baby Sweeney" last month. To those who know the show verbatim, you may pick up some minimal changes (few lyrics have been altered), but the bulk of the story/music is still in tact.

Agreed with the above. Anything Sondheim is pretty ambitious for High Schools.

re: MFA Musical Theatre
 Dec 13 2007, 11:49:50 AM
University of Las Vegas, Nevada does not offer an MFA in Musical Theatre. However, they do have one for Acting. In fact, one of the graduates from last year will be taking over the role of Celie in The Color Purple (Zonya Love Johnson) on Broadway.
re: Wonderful Town tour?
 Feb 13 2007, 10:01:20 AM
There is currenty a non-equity tour going around the country of "Wonderful Town." I am not sure which company is putting it on the road, but I do have a few friends currently in the cast.
"The Producers" Las Vegas: Mini Review
 Jan 31 2007, 11:32:24 PM
So while its fresh in my mind I figured I should write a mini-review of Vegas' new Broadway import in Mel Brooks' The Producers.

Out of all of the Broadway drop-offs in Vegas, this one had the most noticable cuts. About (7) songs in total that have disappeared into Musical Theatre oblivion.

The performances are quite strong considering today was the 1st public preview. Brad Oscar, who I had seen do "Max" during Nathan Lane's initial run, shines in the role. A hand-in-hand pe

re: Laura and Orfeh
 Jan 30 2007, 09:08:08 AM
LaChanze?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You