Trolls

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#25re: Trolls
Posted: 5/20/05 at 8:54am

How was the opening?

#26re: Trolls
Posted: 5/20/05 at 9:10am

The only thing that concerns me is people making judgements without having seen it. That's what we saw with The Greatest Story Ever Told.

Avigdor Profile Photo
Avigdor
#27re: Trolls
Posted: 5/20/05 at 1:03pm

to bad a place like the actors playhouse cant attract a more reputable piece..but keep going for flash in the pan stuff.
trolls..yeah..another image for the gay community to push off on to ass backward american media

Demitri2 Profile Photo
Demitri2
#28re: Trolls
Posted: 5/20/05 at 1:14pm

I mentioned this show to a friend in L.A. asking him if he'd heard of it and he screamed "Oh my God, it's one of the worst things I've ever seen!" (and he's been a theater critic there for over two decades). He said he saw it in L.A. close to five years ago. Granted, it could have been worked on but from the way he spoke, no work on this show could have helped. I'm not out to bad mouth a show I haven't seen but this one seems to be really offensive to the gay community.

Broadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
#29re: Trolls
Posted: 5/20/05 at 4:41pm

As stated before, I am sorry it is offensive to people. I am seeing because my brother's friend is in it. The reviews on it were not very good. It opened last night. The critic did not like how the story line was but did not say anything bad about the cast. A good think Albert got a call to do a few more episodes of Law and Order SVU. I am seeing I think on June 11th.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#30re: Trolls
Posted: 5/21/05 at 1:21am

My condolences to all involved.

JbaraFan1
#31re: Trolls
Posted: 5/21/05 at 1:51am

I (to use bad grammar) don't know nuthin' but fwiw, if anyone
using the search feature here types in "Trolls" ... a bunch of stuff comes up including several under news results, also the link to the musical's web site.

Broadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
#32re: Trolls
Posted: 6/12/05 at 9:38am

I saw Trolls last night and it was funny and entertaining. Not what people have said about it at all. It seems it has been re-written a few times. The cast is great especially my friend, Albert. The audience seemed to enjoy it and it got a good review from the Times.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
Updated On: 6/14/05 at 09:38 AM

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#33re: Trolls
Posted: 6/12/05 at 1:14pm

I'm glad for your friend Albert, BroadwayLady, but I have to say I have heard nothing but dismissive things about TROLLS.

Another musical about the post-40 dating journey of a Gay Man was an Australian import called something lke "Joe Steps Out", which played for two weeks at last years New Musicals Festival. By the time I had heard about it, it had closed, but I was told it was recorded.

I'll stick with SONGS FROM AN UNMADE BED starring Michael Winther, which I can highly recoomend. I'm seeing it again on Wendesday.

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

Videos