Seat Fillers for Tony Awards

musical medea Profile Photo
musical medea
#0Seat Fillers for Tony Awards
Posted: 5/10/05 at 10:51am

Ok, so i was not lucky enough to get tickets to the show (thanks to a client calling me on another line), but i was wondering about seat fillers. i know they have them, but dont know how to become one. if you know any info, i would appreciate it!!!!

OnTheAisle Profile Photo
OnTheAisle
#1re: Seat Fillers for Tony Awards
Posted: 5/10/05 at 11:02am

Medea - Couple of months ago, I went to Seatfiller.com and filled out an application. They then send you a confirmation email that looks like this:

Seatfiller.com has add you to our list of eligible seatfillers.

If you have not already done so, you need to send in the following:

* a current resume.
* a photo.
* a letter explaining why you would make a good seatfiller.

We look forward to seeing you at the shows!

Thank you!

My understanding is that they call you when something is available that matches your preferences - good luck!

"Not a day goes by..."

Thesbijean
#2re: Seat Fillers for Tony Awards
Posted: 5/10/05 at 11:10am

There is also an email address for the actual Production Company that does the Tonys specifically for seat filler apps, but I forget it...

musical medea Profile Photo
musical medea
#3re: Seat Fillers for Tony Awards
Posted: 5/10/05 at 11:18am

Thanks for the info!!!!!!!

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#4re: Seat Fillers for Tony Awards
Posted: 5/10/05 at 11:19am

Why do you need a resume so you can get a job sitting on your ass? I'd think everyone is more than qualified to do that...

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#5re: Seat Fillers for Tony Awards
Posted: 5/10/05 at 11:24am

They want pretty people

"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.

OnTheAisle Profile Photo
OnTheAisle
#6re: Seat Fillers for Tony Awards
Posted: 5/10/05 at 11:30am

my guess is that they want to make sure you can hold a half-way intelligent conversation with your neighbor during the commercial breaks.. other than that explanation, I got nuttin...

"Not a day goes by..."

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#7re: Seat Fillers for Tony Awards
Posted: 5/10/05 at 11:38am

They are weeding out poeple who would make them look bad, imagine some one who looks like the comic book guy from the Simpsons breaking out some candy in the middle of the show, fiddling with wrappers, taking pictures of the show with his camera phone, putting his feet on the seat, etc...

"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.

Videos